Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So while trying to play TEW on my iMac seems like it would take too much work, I looked to see if it was possible to play EWR and found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/wukpw/ewr_as_requested_i_ported_ewr_to_mac_come_and_get/

I've found some good reviews of it, has anyone here had any luck? Would you recommend downloading and installing it to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9nvqUln-Qk

Another vid featuring 'Vaseline cam'.

Check out the dynamic selling animation when randy gets up in the corner, nice!

I'm disappointed that Cena doesn't come out with his little "Never Give Up" washcloth.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know I must sound like the most gigantic pain in the rear end here, and just tell me if I am, but can anyone give me a quick basics beginner rundown of SuperCard now that I've finally downloaded it?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sweet loving Christ does King of the Ring take a long time. I'm at match 21 and I'm 20-1 and it looks like I have another twenty-five to go before I even get to the brackets?

Also, seeing as you don't "use up" support cards and you can't combine them or anything, is there any reason to keep more than maybe two at a time?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

triplexpac posted:

I think you need 4 Support Cards to fill out your KOTR deck? That's about it anyway. I just feed all my Rares & below to my deck

You can do that? I had no idea...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

IcePhoenix posted:

If you're talking about feeding support cards for levels, yeah, they work the same way as wrestler cards in that respect, but they're always at the bottom of the list when you're selecting cards to feed, unless you filter by supports.

I started filtering for certain cards, I just figured that if you can't combine support cards, you can't feed them.

EDIT: Are you loving kidding me? Once you get to the actual King of the Ring brackets, every match is two out of three instead of just one bout? How the hell have you people been putting up with this poo poo?

EDIT 2.0: Wait a minute, I won the first two, so why am I not automatically inserted into the semifinals? I have to wait until my opponent wins or loses just to move on? Holy cats!

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 6, 2014

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
After all my bitching and whining, I ended up winning the King of the Ring! However, my prize was two Super Rare Miz...zzes.

gently caress me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What are considered the best two (or four, if we're talking King of the Ring) Support cards to have in your deck at all times? I have one Rare each of Ladder, Manager, Stop, Taunt, Trash and Universe, and then at least two Uncommons of every Support card.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

harperdc posted:

The highest rarity of whatever boosts your low points. My UR+ deck is a little weak in terms of Power, so I wish I had a R/SR Power boost, but my current ones work alright.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I wasn't sure if there was one or two support cards that were absolutely necessary.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm only at Super Rare + so I haven't even encountered the Second Wind Support card yet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At least I'm only 206 games away from my first Super Rare Paige. I was pissed that I got both of the Bella twins as my SR Divas.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

IcePhoenix posted:

I have over 2000 games played (with about 90% winrate) and the two SR Paige that I got for that were the first two divas I got above Rare.

I was surprised that I got both Bellas in a row like that considering how often people in this thread have been lamenting the fact that they're several tiers above where I am and still only have a couple Rare divas.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Might as well keep playing for Bork Laser's side. He's at 2,754,788 against Cena's 2,221,997 as of this post.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Swagger Dagger posted:

It doesn't matter what side you pick, everyone gets rewards. The sides just determine if they'll be Cena or Lesnar cards.

Okay, good. I'd rather have Lesnar cards. So eat it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Here's a Q so maybe you can A it.

I'm currently almost done with Super Rare + tier. Do you stop getting Common cards at some point or do they always get thrown at you for some stupid reason?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know it's easy to just keep feeding them to your better cards, but as you move up, they barely make a dent.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not really sure what you want them to do other than put up a big ol confirmation screen saying "HEY YOU'RE FEEDING A RARE OR BETTER ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?"

Doesn't the game do exactly this already? I always get a prompt when feeding and/or combining any card higher than Uncommon.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Don't you start with me, Mr. Bird.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jubs posted:

Anybody else try to make designs when choosing your blind cards?

I can't not do this and I think there may be something wrong with me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If they allowed men and women to fight each other, people would use the Divas a hell of a lot more often. As it is now, you have a choice of maybe seven or eight opponents if you want to play as a female, compared to fifty or sixty as a male.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In other news, I deleted Supercard earlier today. I couldn't stand the monotony anymore. I'm glad you folks like the game so much, I just can't do it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

simosimo posted:

AW yeh the Smackdown 2011 arena! Who's hyped

Is there really a difference between then and now? I thought they've been using that generic HD set for both Raw and Smackdown for years now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

still doesn't have sprinting and butt scooting, tho.

Please explain butt scooting in detail, thank you.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Thank you. Though I question the need for a thong.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I think my favorite part is when the referee, after being smacked around by Vader, continues trying to count out the guy that just got thrown out a loving window.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Sockser posted:

It's not that his jaw is square, it's that he has a square beard.

And a cube butt.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's funny that they're using Hogan as a big pre-order selling point when it's not as though they haven't been using him in games over the last few years. He was in 2k14, All-Stars, Legends of WrestleMania, etc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
ON HIS CHEST TWO AND YAH!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Best career mode was the GameCube WWE game where Stephanie McMahon sends you on a mission to murder dockworkers, destroy merchandise and drive forklifts.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Goddammit, I thought it was coming out on the consoles. It's being made by the same team that did Injustice: Gods Among Us and that got me really excited. Instead it's just an iOS/Android game.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

St Evan Echoes posted:

More entertaining than any actual Steve Blackman match

You shut the gently caress up.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've bought three discounted Gold packs for Immortal so far.

Lumberjack Big Show

Lumberjack Big Show

Lumberjack Big Show

At least he's a Legendary II now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jonny Angel posted:

Strange - I definitely haven't purchased a 75k gold pack in Immortals today, but it's not showing up in the store. Guess it was a limited time offer?

I think it reappears twenty-four hours after you last bought one, rather than when today started.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's a weird bug on iOS where the Challenge mode doesn't show up on the main menu when you first start the game. If you go into Play or Store or anything, then back, it'll suddenly appear.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So the update in Immortals fixed the ghost opponents, but did it nerf Bryan's insane 2nd signature move? I have about 85,000 and I'm wondering if I should spend it on upgrades or go for a discounted gold pack and hopefully get him.

However, I've bought five gold packs so far. Four of those were lumberjack Big Show. At least he's Legendary III now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I got a gold Roman Reigns. I feel like Charlie Brown wearing a sheet over his head.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The Bee posted:

I thought we established Roman Reigns isn't The Rock.

:golfclap:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Evolved Daniel Bryan is something

Wait, so there are two different Gold Bryans now?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm just surprised because it doesn't make sense to have two versions of the same tier character. For example, they could have made it for a Gold Rock considering there's only a Silver version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

remusclaw posted:

...he looks no more out of place than the Von Erich who wrestled shoe-less.

Kerry still wore both shoes, it was a foot that he was missing.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I hope there aren't any restrictions on editing the Terminator's attire, because if not someone will make Pumping Iron Arnold, Conan the Barbarian, and Turbo-Man within like a day of the game's release.

I want Arnie from Junior