Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

1. Yeah, gameplay looks like 2k13 again.
2. BUT THOSE loving LOAD TIMES HOLY poo poo
THEY STARTED THE MATCH IN LIKE, 30 loving SECONDS

e:
3. And it's got that HUD that uhhh means something so maybe the long game's changed?

Sockser fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This game is way more fun than it realistically should be. gently caress.

Also the blue I drew was a loving Hogan. I'm upset about this.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Rolled with a rare Natalya for three rounds before scoring a super rare AJ. My diva is unstoppable.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm up to 350 / 20. Someone please help me I can't stop.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I have two level 20 rare hogans ready to smash together but one is stuck in a king of the ring for another 20+ hours.

Christ, these take way too long.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The variance in cards of the same tier is kinda rough.

Rare Luke Harper at level 15 had lower stats than rare Hogan at level 10.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

I'm up to 350 / 20. Someone please help me I can't stop.

500 / 21 :smith:

And I hit the card limit with no dupes and all of my cards on the edge of leveling up and had to bite the bullet and move into Super Rare+ tier.

Which meant I was able to combine my two lvl20 rare Hogans into monster pro Hogan and level him up to 10 and switch my lvl8 SR Del Rio out for my lvl25 SR Del Rio :getin:

Still merkin' every fool I come across.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

:toot: nice picking, self.

Combined two max ADRs into this monster. Holy poo poo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Supersonic Shine posted:

For those of you who played Supercard, who were your strangest tag teams that managed to have good synergy with each other?

Kofi / ADR and Jericho / Hogan are my go-tos.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Warrior and Darren Young.

Hooooooooooooooooooly poo poo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

My lvl7 SR Pro Del Rio just killed a lvl25 SR Pro Del Rio.

Level up your cards before combining them :stare:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

If you maxed them both before combining it would have won at level zero, I assume.

It was actually fairly close. No telling when the other guy combined his, but mine were maxed before combining.

E: also, just completed uncommon poxedex :toot:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Good Listener posted:

I'm a little curious in this game how you go up in the rank of getting the like...Super Rare tier and up. Do you just need to have a lot of Rares and Uncommoncs in your deck or? I'm like 29-0 right now and my buddy was talking about Rarer stuff.

It's determined by the sum of your hand's stats. So, higher ranked cards and leveling up cards will raise your rank.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Since you fight better opponents at higher tiers, I've found it's beneficial to, once you get to a sliver shy of the next tier, chill out, bank up a bunch of cards/if you get any new heavy hitters keep them on the bench and feed them until you can't beef up anymore and then you can probably get halfway through the next tier as soon as you hit it.

I have a lvl25 SR Vince waiting to take over for a rare Jericho once I hit the card cap.

and a SR Andre that totally fucks up my tag team comp :(

e: 700/25 :toot:

e2:
vvvvv I'm concerned about my w:l ratio :shobon:

Sockser fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 19, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hit Ultra Rare tier :toot:

Hey cool! Now I'll never lose diva's matche--

Oh :smith:

But hey, I made it to 1000 wins today (35 losses)
Here's my current lineup:

Vinnie Mac is the weakpoint, for sure. But every new Super Rare I get is a loving yellow and I want to stay all blue.

e: King of the Ring stats drop even if you're not yellow, turns out. Replaced my image so you can see my real stats.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 21, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm confused by this statement. Did you not get the fatigue thing or is there another KotR bit that I'm missing?

I've gotten three SR wrestlers and two of them are the Big Show so I feel your "I want to stay all blue" pain, though :negative:

I knew about fatigue, but I didn't think stats were affected until you dropped below a threshold and the numbers went yellow.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So in order to get maximum stats out of a combined card, the two you're going to combine need to be at max level? How big of a difference is it between one of them being maxed and both of them being maxed, if that's known?

Huge.

Like, ~300 points total for two maxed SRs=>maxed pro SR vs two level1 SRs=> maxed pro SR.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Minidust posted:

Any reason not to use some of my Pro Rares as training fodder? The game pops up a warning about losing rare cards, but these are cards that I don't really have plans for in my main Exhibition or KOTR decks. I figure as long as I've got the Pro versions in my pokedex I may as well put them towards the greater good (maxed pro R Dean Ambrose :swoon:).

I hit a point where I recognized that completing the rare and above pokedexes was a fruitless endeavor and just fed all of them to my other cards. gently caress it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

So after finally getting my pro uncommon AJ for my deck I pulled a rare AJ. The uncommon pro that is built right will beat a normal rare of the same superstar, right?

Two rare 20 hogans -> 1 25 Pro Rare Hogan has better stats than most 25 Super Rares.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Took second place in a KotR. Two SR Rocks for my trouble. Looks like the dude who beat me restored his energy one match after I did, or I would've taken first.

Whatever, I don't really need a rare support card so it's all cool.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

interpunct posted:

KOTR in the Ultra Rare tier is practically unwinnable if you grind for cards. The top seeds all have Epic and Legendary cards. I'm assuming their reserve and support cards are Common/Uncommon so their decks qualify for UR.

I took second in a SR++ KotR and only because the dude who got first charged his energy after I did.

I'm now in a UR KotR and I don't think I'll even qualify. I'm at like 4-10

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Chinook posted:

Also, is it possible to move from Super Rare to Ultra Rare DURING the tournament somehow? Either by being right on the cusp and training those cards and bumping the meter, or some other method?

Nope!

I deliberately dropped my KoTR team from UR to SR because I'm confident I'll be able to take first or second and score a set of SR's to turn pro, which will help me climb the slog that is the game after SR. Switched out some bullshit lv25 SR for a grey and replaced my UR Brie with a level 1 SR AJ, and then proceeded to level that AJ up to about 20 or so, since she's going to get combined with my other SR AJ and become my hot new Diva.

(I think. Double-Maxed Maxed Pro of one tier seems to always be better than a maxed non-pro of the next tier, so double-max SR AJ, in theory, should be > non-pro UR Brie, I think. Or I'm about to waste a lot of time and cards)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

I'm at like 600-100 in Exhibition. I know there are some goons doing way better than that, but still. Send help.

1600 - 42 :unsmigghh:

Kill me. loving take me out back and put one in my skull.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Red is Dead posted:

Sory, probably my mistake, but I didnt mean it like that.

If you go to card catalog, there's a total number of cards obtained next to each card type.

I'm on 94 out of 100 for the common cards and wanted to know if anyone had got 100 and received a bonus of a SR ^ card.

I've got common and uncommon completed.

You get nothing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

Finally managed to make the finals of a KOTR. My reward? Two SR Hogans. At least he's almost unbeatable in terms of charisma.

For what it's worth, assuming SR Hogan has the same distribution as Rare Hogan, his other stats are all fairly balanced, too. I recall he has a pretty high toughness once you level him up. Hogans definitely a top-tier card.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I Before E posted:

You can mod Supercard?

He's talking about TEW or Fire Pro or something.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm in UR++, my team is 5 double-max pro-max SR's, and I have no idea what to do from here. My dudes can't compete in the UR KotR, and SR KotR doesn't help me move forward either.

Sigh.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

you'd be suprised how well you'd be able to compete at the UR kotr tier. if you pay even a small amount of attention to energy levels you'll make the top 8 and get 1 UR easily, and you might even make the finals if the other guy isn't both a ringer with epics and paying attention to the game/using boosts.

I've tried twice and didn't even qualify. I keep getting destroyed by people with epics/legendaries. :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

interpunct posted:

What support cards do you have? They contribute to your deck rating as well.

SR Second wind / SR Universe

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

interpunct posted:

Then what's your deck look like? It might be the case that some of your max pro SR's just aren't rated highly enough to get your deck to the next tier. For example, Mr. McMahon is the weakest non-diva SR card and even at max pro it's rated lower than a max, non-pro UR Shawn Michaels. If that's the case, then go ahead and dominate SR-level KOTRs and hope you win a pair of the better SR cards. Waiting two days is probably a better bet than grinding and praying for good cards to come up.

Oh, no no no.

I have the cards to be in the UR KotR, but I dot have the cards to do well in the UR KotR. I always get wrecked by dudes with legendaries that can stand to lose stamina while I have to keep my cards topped off between qualifying rounds.

With the stamina change, if I finish building my second deck I might stand a chance. Just sucks that I've gotten 1 UR in 500 matches in UR exhibition tier.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

So we can bet on wrestling in a safe environment? I'm all aboard. I also assume this is for Raw and PPVs, because Smackdown spoilers would be cheating.

Nah, I think it's like "HBK v UNDERTAKER" and you pick a side and then exhibition wins count for your side and then the winning side gets cards.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

I already have one SR Pro John Cena. With two... I'll be unstoppable.

Rapaduo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I've been relying on my quality divas for wins since I started, currently a max pro SR AJ with a max UR Brie waiting for a pair.

Everyone having a SR Paige is gonna wreck my whole strategy

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

How the hell does the AI choose cards in KotR? Two tournaments in a row I've been hosed in the first round of the tournament because it chose ADR instead of the Rock for a charisma match (a 50 point loving difference)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

my conspiracy theory is that Erick Rowan's stats are what we would have if a certain Charles Montgomery Punk was licensed in the game. "Oh no, we need to put someone in this slot! Quick, who haven't we used? The other Wyatt dude? Sure, why not."

I'm in Ultra Rare++ and the ladder reward SR Paige cards are the first time I've gotten higher than a rare Diva card. That said, the max-leveled SR Paige by herself won't take out anyone, but bah gawd it looks like she turns into a monster when made into a Pro version. Yikes.

I ran into a level 23 SR Pro Paige and her stats were ~3 lower than my Max Pro SR AJ's

At a glance, she seems to be a UR masquerading in blue.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Looking at the spreadsheet again, the ladder John Cenas have higher POW and CHA, but lower TGH and SPD.

But I think the People's Champ Brock/Cena are just leagues ahead of normal ones

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Pro SR AJ is 229 237 268 273

Also, yesterday I saw a pro SR Del Rio with higher stats than mine, which... doesn't make sense? He had 307 base STR vs the normal 303. Didn't manage to nab a screenshot or anything because I'm always tapping to fast forward.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

SilverMike posted:

Did he get Manager'd earlier in the match?

Oh poo poo that would do it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I've found that challenging the paid players is often more of a gamble than challenging normal players. If those epics are more than like, level 2, they wreck my pro SRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Man, gently caress SR Paige. People's Champion +5 matches always have a goddamned pro SR Paige and I get wrecked.