Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm up to 350 / 20. Someone please help me I can't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Has there been anyone on the revealed roster so far who isn't in the supercard game? Some of the art they used was pretty similar, wondering if they shared rosters or just assets

E: ~360:60 here, keeping my exhibition team just below SR+ level for the moment: not sure if I should go over the top and add the Eddie SR I found yet. 25-4 and tied for top in my KotR, with this would hurry up and get to the elimination stages so I can use all the cards again

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 16, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sockser posted:

300/20. You're doing better than I.

As soon as my KotR finishes later today, I'm going to give Supercard a rest. And then just pick up exhibition mode when I need to waste some time.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sockser posted:

888-155. Here's my star player.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I have two level 20 rare hogans ready to smash together but one is stuck in a king of the ring for another 20+ hours.

Christ, these take way too long.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sockser posted:

I have two level 20 rare hogans ready to smash together but one is stuck in a king of the ring for another 20+ hours.

Christ, these take way too long.

I'm not even gonna attempt LotR again until I get into at least Legendary tier. I'm a level away from Ultra Rare right now in fact.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The KOTR thing sucks. I wish I hadn't started one.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

The KOTR thing sucks. I wish I hadn't started one.

If someone makes a separate thread for the game, this should be the title.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blasmeister posted:

Has there been anyone on the revealed roster so far who isn't in the supercard game?

CM Punk

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I am become farts, destroyer of worlds.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

I am become farts, destroyer of worlds.

Not pro + max level.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Potsticker posted:

Not pro + max level.

Hey bro, I just go it. With everyone else's luck with Divas I am almost guaranteed to win every Diva match. In fact, I trained her with my maxed uncommon AJ and I jumped 17 levels. Fingers crossed for a dupe soon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats gotta be the best card in the game unless there's an epic eva marie

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

One little aspect I'm enjoying more than I should are the proper technical move names they give the special attacks.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

epitasis posted:

thats gotta be the best card in the game unless there's an epic eva marie

I saw a Legendary Steph once. All stats were at least level 400.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Mayostard posted:

I guess there are some people spending money on Super Card since I just faced an Epic Taker and Ultra Rare Savage in SR+ tier exhibition.

The only nice thing about that is that having those cards is going to raise their rank and push them into a higher tier of players quicker, so you won't have to see them for too long.

If/when we get to the last tier... then the money-spenders will do all of the winning. And I will feed every character to my already-maxed Mr. McMahon champion.

Is the Champion role, that you set, simply to pick which person is your icon to other people?

Also, I found that King of the Ring is actually a little bit fun as long as you pay attention to it. I would, however, recommend that you completely ignore it until you hit a point (say, Super Rare rank) where you aren't upgrading your main exhibition roster every other card draw. Because after you assign those cards to KOTR, you can't eat or combine them. However, you can still train them, and doing so will help both your KOTR progress and your regular 'rank' progress.

Chinook fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 17, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Chinook posted:

Is the Champion role, that you set, simply to pick which person is your icon to other people?

As far as I can tell, yes. And thus Rare Fandango shall be my forever champion. I guess as most people set one of their squad as the champ, you can gain a tiny edge putting a card not in your squad as your avatar, but that's probably more effort than this game really requires.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Blasmeister posted:

As far as I can tell, yes. And thus Rare Fandango shall be my forever champion. I guess as most people set one of their squad as the champ, you can gain a tiny edge putting a card not in your squad as your avatar, but that's probably more effort than this game really requires.

Yeah, I think that would require that you're actually playing real people though, and I suspect that's not the case at all. You're playing a decent AI which is utilizing an actual user's roster. I've never noticed having to wait for someone to pick their turn, and obviously you would if it were truly concurrent.

Hey also, is there any way to play with my same roster on my iPad? I play on my iPhone now. Gamecenter login, maybe? It's packed away or else I'd check. Thanks!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Saw like 300+ new comments and thought Benoit or someone was confirmed for 2k15. What is wrong with you people?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

They confirmed that career mode starts in NXT. Probably why these have Gabriel and Kidd in the game.

Plus the roster even on the 2K site isn't even 60 people. Even if you assume the selection screen doesn't section off Divas like in the recent games, there's still room for half again as many characters. They can squeeze Zayn, Neville, Dallas and Breeze in to give you someone to fight in career mode.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

NienNunb posted:

Saw like 300+ new comments and thought Benoit or someone was confirmed for 2k15. What is wrong with you people?

Card games, catch the fever!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm 22-7 and have yet to draw a single Diva card other than my starting AJ, so I can't do King of the Ring, which is annoying. Virgils and Usos of various sorts, I have many.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

NienNunb posted:

Dude, I got an Ultra Rare Natalya! Do you understand the words I'm saying!?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm 22-7 and have yet to draw a single Diva card other than my starting AJ, so I can't do King of the Ring, which is annoying. Virgils and Usos of various sorts, I have many.

I started with two Natalyas but made the stupid decision to combine them early on. Took me a while to find another Diva card.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

NienNunb posted:

I didn't know people really loved Children's Card Games that much :v:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 17, 2014

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Gaz-L posted:

Even if you assume the selection screen doesn't section off Divas like in the recent games,
Allegedly, Divas, managers and DLC people are all in their own sections. If correct, that leaves even more space open for NXT people.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What's the deal with cards that say "in use"? I have a bunch of jobbers that say that and I want to feed them to my rares.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

JT Smiley posted:

What's the deal with cards that say "in use"? I have a bunch of jobbers that say that and I want to feed them to my rares.

Are you in a King of the Ring? 'Cause that poo poo never ends until the cards you planned on using are already obsolete.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
No, I've never touched KOR.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

NienNunb posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > Punchsport Pagoda Games Thread: WWE2k15 Discussion Only

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

JT Smiley posted:

No, I've never touched KOR.

You have to do the quick KOR tutorial to clear those cards up.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Shima Honnou posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > Punchsport Pagoda Games Thread: WWE2k15 Discussion Only

Yeah but what would the games thread talk about the 9 months out of the year that everyone stops playing 2k?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/500810902120046593

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I can't wait to run endless blood feuds between Bad News Barrett and Bad News Brown.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

I can't wait to run endless blood feuds between Bad News Barrett and Bad News Brown.

Blood feud? Sorry but I'm afraid I've got some bad news. The team of Barrett and Brown aka The Bad News Brigade, will go on to win the WWE Tag Team Titles and hold them for so long that the WWE will be forced to create a new pair of titles leading to those also being held captive by the Bad News Brigade.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
My WWE SuperCard experience, so far:
Launch game
"Network error. Try again later."
Repeat ad infinitum.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

My WWE SuperCard experience, so far:
Launch game
"Network error. Try again later."
Repeat ad infinitum.

Maybe you need to reset your router or something. Maybe tweet at wwe 2k about it. They might have a forum on their site for problems.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Maybe you need to reset your router or something. Maybe tweet at wwe 2k about it. They might have a forum on their site for problems.

I did get a response from a feedback email I sent the developer, but nothing in the last 30 or so hours, and have heard nothing at all from 2k.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How are you guys so into this card game? I gave it a try and got bored with it after an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Astro7x posted:

How are you guys so into this card game? I gave it a try and got bored with it after an hour.

Personally, I blame my autism.