Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

my supercard roster is 4 Brock Lesnars and Eva Marie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i spent two and a half days winning a KOTR and all i got were these SR Damien Sandows

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All the pictures of Bryan in Super Card make him look like a dope. Subtle burial?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Also John Cena is picking modern popular songs for the 2K15 soundtrack.

2K really loves this gimmick for their sports games

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Has there been any talk about doing timed events or limited edition cards for Supercard? They have to do SOMETHING like that to keep people like us hooked.

If this thread is any indication, they don't actually have to do anything and if the game just being a total reskin of MyNBA2K14 is any indication, they haven't put that much effort into the game in the first place

oatgan fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 11, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it looks pretty good so far

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

I would not say dragon age 2's 79 average is "ridiculously positive." certainly more positive than that game deserves tho

Over time reviews have been a lot fairer to it but I remember the PC Gamer review calling it "the RPG of the decade"

but if you weren't paying attention to the pre-release marketing and hype for that game you did yourself a disservice because it was hilarious

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

I can't suplex people in Destiny and it makes me angry.

Titans can do busaiku knees

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Wait, am I reading this right that the tag team doesn't matter at all?

Its two guys you can use to tank your overall rating while only losing one match maybe

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why buy DLC for a wrestling game when you can just download CAWs of everybody

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cams posted:

Also the entrance and everything that goes along with it.

People watch entrances?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

king hippo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I am a supporter of the "Put 'em in a bodybag!" guy.

wrestling video game fans begin and end with WWF Attitude guy who screams as loud as possible about everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB3pD3UYf0#t=4h27m58s

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that man really likes kane
there's a bunch of lines of him screaming at Droz to throw up but I really couldn't be assed to watch that video for any length of time to find them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

That was also nearly 10 years ago

Right around the time of the last good wwe game

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jubs posted:

So it seems that Career Mode is just controlling a create-a-wrestler through Universe Mode, same cut-scenes and all. You are also only allowed to wrestle on 3 PPV's a year. Once you become champ, it auto sims you to the last match of your career.

Daniel Bryan Mode

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

If it's important to them why is it completely broken in almost every way?

Holiday release dollars

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

So, Wrestlemania The Arcade Game 2015?

if its like Netherrealm Studios other mobile game it will be bunch of QTE's while you watch wrestlers fight

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Isn't Road to Glory TNA's hilariously poorly executed version of the G1? I'd say there's lots of bugs affecting matchmaking....

bound for glory, the tournament whose rules and structure change annually

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kirios posted:

With how you guys are describing N64->Ps2 era wrestling games it sounds like WWE games have gotten significantly worse.

they have

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

when are they adding in The Meltzer Driver

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Trish's face looks so bad in that art

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

I don't know but this is what some of the top characters cost

daniel bryan has higher stats than roman reigns and yet roman costs more

this is a metaphor

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I'd want to see what those cards look like at level 20. They aren't all created equal when you get them level up.

Also a gold tier HHH at level 20, without even leveling his supers, can pretty much destroy an entire team of lower tier cards singlehandedly in less than a minute.

i can do this with the starting cards at like level 5. It's a very easy game if you purposely drop combos all the time

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

so you want them to be the nation of domination but not racially motivated

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i don't think there's anything at all wrong with the new day it's just been abundantly clear since the minute they debuted with nothing to do that i wasn't supposed to care about these guys

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

at any given time 25% of the roster is happy dancing guys so i find that gimmick less racist than most

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I would definitely play Cart Life but you're a wrestler instead of owning a food cart, yes.

cart life is an appropriately bleak model for this

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what a maroon

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 taught me Kenta Kobashi had the best theme ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrAs2aKmgM

I picked him for career mode and it gets me pumped up every time

spartan x supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Testekill posted:

The mask looks good while Harper looks like poo poo.

harper probably looks a lot better in motion