Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

simosimo posted:

So how do rares / SRs appear? Are we only limited to one per tier, or is it just a tiny chance of getting SRs. I've seen people with 2, maybe 3? Are these people just lucky or is there something else going on?

I've got SR's on a random basis. I have Andre and Vince so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
How do the inherent abilities that sine characters have work? My SR Vince will sometimes get a +11 charisma and toughness boost, but not always.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I see SR Andre, Vince, ADR and Show a lot.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

SR ADR shows up a lot as well.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

They're replacing Cena vs Punk with Cena vs Orton. The new rivalry is just having the same exhibition match 33 different times.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

The problem if now EVERYONE will have a serviceable diva card.

A lot of people aren't leveling up their Paige's before combining them.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I'm pretty confident that I'll place a too 100k finish for team Brock. The regular prize cards seem better in this mode. I've only played 7 games but I've already got a rare Diesel and Ultra rare Bella.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Go into the 3 tier and you'll face SR Paige's that were combined without being leveled up. Easy win with a maxed Rare pro diva every time.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I don't know how you guys are ranked so high, I've literally been playing all day and I'm ranked 28,000

I've played about a dozen times and I'm about 75000. I won't have a chance to really grind this until Saturday or Sunday

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The top 4 players have over 6000 points each already. I probably won't even crack 1000 by the time is is over.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

KidneyKai posted:

What is a better prize in the long run?

1x Epic Card and 1x Ultra Rare Support

Or

2x Ultra Rare Cards?

I imagine 2 ultra rare cards when maxed out would be better. I'm in the same boat with the tourney. I'm at about 26000 points and I know if I grind at it this evening I could probably get an Ultra Rare Lesnar, but I think I'd rather just have the pare of super rare pros.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I fed my SR pro Vince and ADR to other SR pro cards because when I made those two pro I didn't realize you needed both cards maxed out before combining.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

The best part about a fully moddable WWE game on next gen hardware will be the fact we can remove poo poo we don't like.

Like the commentators. It's not enough to just mute them, I want them GONE.

EDIT: unless I can throw a cinder block at Jerry's head.

You know what I like about Summerslam the best? Divas in bikinis!

*repeat 5 times*

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Michael Cole's commentary was the thing that made me quit watching on a regular basis. My interest had been waning since about '08, but i would still watch Raw whenever I could. Once Cole started his heel commentary act I decided not to waste my time and just read online recaps instead.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

DX have complementing blue triangles, as do the Wyatts and the Shield. Edge & Christian do not.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I'm starting to suspect this game has been hacked. I saw a maxed out R pro Paige and I swear the player didn't even have 1000 games.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

you get a second rare Paige at 200 games

gently caress. For some reason I thought you need 1000 for this.

Either way, I hope that this game doesn't get hacked and that crazy wrestling fans continue to put hundreds of dollars into this so that 2k continues to offer updates.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

My first UR was Roman Reigns, and his maxed out stats are poo poo compared to the other URs I have.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

Make em cards and use supercard style animations for EVERY move.

Dean Ambrose and Andre the Giant defeated John Cena and the Undertaker when Ambrose threw Andre at Cena.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

How do people have over 3k points already?

They must be ignoring their girlfriends and careers!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

It's actually possible to be bad at Supercard. You do that by buying a single $25 card and enjoying a neverending stream of 1-2 losses.

There's also various tricks to be "better" at it, like tossing commons into your KotR bench to tank your rating.

People also spend $125 and have 5 cards that can't beat a leveled up UR card.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I just cracked Epic KOTR and it's good to know I get a UR with no effort. I still don't think my team is powerful enough to get to the final 8 at this time though.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I have received 4 UR drops since my initial one. 2 were support cards. For point of reference I'm at about 4000 games.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

Ran into someone 60-115 with several Epics. Then someone 2-3 with a couple of Epics. Nowt new, but I'm still floored by how people will piss away their money.

As long as there are people who will piss away money, 2K will continue to support the game.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I have two UR Mark Henry's but I can't combine them. One's a bald one I got as a drop, and the other one has dreads and I got him in a KOTR.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

2K16 will be a piece of paper with "game" written on it

Actually just "gam_" and the E is DLC.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I wonder if his girlfriend gets mad at the time and money he spends on this game?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

You should still have some CAWs show up on the main roster as job guys, at least if your dude is getting the Ryback/Goldberg/Rusev push. Only so many times you can squash Heath Slater.

Ironically Heath Slater would have to be a CAW.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

harperdc posted:

The best thing in SuperCard was seeing a dude whose username is YAPPAPIE a week or so using Ultimate Warrior and then saw him pop up again today with a Hulk Hogan card as his avatar. He found his muse :unsmith:

I haven't played the game for a while, but last time I did i saw a user named Chinatown and he had Jake as his avatar.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

WWE2k15 question: how is the gameplay for the PS3/360 versions? Is it an improvement over recent years?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I'm curious as to what any sort of appeal for last gen 2k25 holds for anyone. The gameplay is the same, but the customization modes seem to be way stripped down. For me that's always been the appeal of these games. I guess if you're not into that sort of thing this would be fine for a roster update if nothing else. Are the story modes good?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Dumb question regarding Supercard: I deleted it ages ago, and I don't intend to download it again. What I'm wondering is what have they done with cards for guys like ADR or Rey? Are they still available, or did they just retire the characters?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

It's CM Punk.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I hope they replace him with Steven Richards.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Does the Hall of Fame showcase include all those characters for regular exhibition as well? Or are they only available in the showcase mode?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I skipped last years 2K game because I didn't have a PS4, plus it just sounded crappy compared to 2k14. This years installment sounds good though, and I plan on buying it.

I'm just wondering how Universe mode was last year? In 2k14 and earlier it was pretty lame. We're there any improvements? Also, was it the same Create a wrestler format as previous versions, or did they improve that?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I liked 2K14 just fine, and I have no wrestling games for my PS4, so I'm pretty excited. The roster looks great, and some of the gameplay changes, like the reversal system, sound good.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

For anyone who's on the fence- rumor is KING HAKU is an unlockable skin. If this is true, this should have been the focal point of the marketing.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

simosimo posted:

Pleased to hear matches rarely end without a Finisher/Sig - good, no nore snapmares getting a victory? Any word on Royal Rumble being changed or at least enhanced with the more lenient invisible-walls on the ropes?

I've tried two rumbles so far. I lasted fairly long each time before getting eliminated. The corner post mini games are a bit easier than 2K14, and there is way less getting eliminated by special moves as well. If you're lying on the ring apron and have a finisher stored, it won't prompt you to use your finisher to escape unless your actually about to be eliminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Can you do multiple costume edits for CAWs? I'm working on Owen Hart in black gear right now, but is it possible to make an alternate pink outfit or even a blue blazer outfit without using another save slot?