Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
When playing against an obviously money opponent I pick my worst card first and sacrifice the first loss to then win out. Gameplan screws up a bit if Round 1 is a tag team match though.

Also I think this is my first post in this thread, but needless to say I hate you all for drawing my attention to this game.

EDIT: Also I'm on Team Brock and that's the way to go.

:siren:
Brock: 18,248 wins
Cena: 8,724
:siren:

Worst case scenario by playing is that you get 1 Rare card of your choice. You want to rank in the top 11,000 for an Ultra Rare pair. Get grinding. After one win I'm ranked 12,000th. I bet that changes when everyone wakes up.

incredible bear fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
KOTR Semi Final, I have one Male Solo match in round 2 and the game picks my Max SR Bray Wyatt ahead of my Max UR Cody Rhodes. It may cost me a much needed place in the final and I really need a new UR pair to improve at all.

Why would the AI screw me like this? I've made sure to top up my energy cards and use boosts throughout this round because it seems apparent the other guy's using nearly everything in his arsenal to win too. I'm so tense right now.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I had had my stronger card towards the right, until I thought that might be a mistake and switched. I guess I'll switch back and see how that works, cheers.

I lost, now I'm stuck with 1 UR Brock that isn't worth building up unless I get another. I suppose I'll build up my SR Paiges until they're better than my 1 UR Bella, that's the only way I can improve my team for at least another 2 days.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I still have a Maxxed out Rare Natalya lying around, waiting one day for me to get a second one so I can make it a Pro, even though I know it'll then lose it's value being fed to a higher card, there's no way I give up playing this game until the card catalogue is full.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I'm at the high end of Epic+. I have a +45 Power card and 3 maxed out URs. Will probably have a fourth in 24 hours after this KOTR. I'd really like to have a proper Epic card before I get to Legendary, not completely sure it'll happen.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

cyberia posted:

I think when you start a KOTR it locks your cards in at the level they're already at. You can train them up and play them in exhibition matches but the increase in XP doesn't get factored into the KOTR. (I know this because I had the same genius idea to scam my way to a KOTR win and it didn't work :( )

I'm going to argue against this, I've been trying the same thing and it's gone pretty well for me, at some points during the 45 games, my win percentage seems to have improved as cards have gone for Level 10 to Level 30 or whatever.

Woke up this morning just after Game #44, only had 20 minutes before having to go to work, managed to get 4 Fitness cards and use them. Come home from work to find that I made the Final. In both of the first to rounds I won against weaker cards, in the second round my opponents topped up and I still came through victorious. That's a pleasant surprise after I thought it was all in vain. Welcome to the team, Del Rio Combined. (I am addicted to this game perhaps more than any other iOS thing.)

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Looks like the PC Mod is alive and more awesome than anyone could imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltt1V21XnKQ

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I haven't updated iOS (I can't on my dated ipod) but I've had relentless almost-makes-me-want-to-quit-playing levels of crashing the last couple of days.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
The only worthwhile Epic cards I've had for my deck is a +45 POW and 2 Stephanie McMahons to Pro and Max up. That along with my 4 URs took me to Legendary within 4000 games. My automatic card? One AJ, rendered worthless until I luck into a second one. Any male wrestler would've gone straight into my team. Grind grind grind.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

cams posted:

You should be at the point where you can make Legendary KOTRs by actually filling your active slots and bench with your best cards, so start doing that immediately. Making the top 8 which really isn't that hard, even with lovely cards, gets you an automatic legendary. If you miss top 8, free epic. But yeah, you're at the point where any advancement is gonna be a grind.

Oh nowhere near. My best KOTR team is what I try to go with (I don't want to be one of those guys if I can help it) and it's maybe halfway through Epic. I have used my Maxed URs or SRs to train my top 5 cards, so it's possible my benched 5 are a little worse than other teams. I did just luck a second Bray UR in Exhibition which I think will give my team a slight lift. But I could really do with an Epic Pro or Legendary Single male. My current KOTR is going well enough and I have 2 days off work that I think I'll be satisfied enough with my team's growth by Sunday.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Sorry for the DP, but this has become a dead link, is there another spreadsheet for Supercard doing the rounds?

e: Aces, cheers

incredible bear fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 17, 2014

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
If someone's got 3 Epics, the only reason they'd want Super Rares is to complete their catalogs, I daresay some people are doing it with good enough intentions. Collect them all!

Can't believe that my Pro Epic, stats in the 700s, drops down to the high 100s without stamina. Was really thinking I'd be allowed to leave that card in the red for a while longer than normal.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Toshimo posted:

Team Extremely Mediocre just limped into the semis (where I'm about to get rocked by a legit good roster). I'm excited, though because it's another guaranteed upgrade and my first UR item.

What? You already have URs and Epics. What did you mean to say?

Also I have noticed that you can once again now deselect the Stats card in the match-up if you choose so. And it's more obvious now when you've selected a Boost card in KOTR. (It now says READY in green underneath the card when activated.)

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Oh right yeah. Yeah when you're at Epic, anything less than an Epic support card is disappointing.

In that I mean that was my first automatic Epic card. Which is also disappointing.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I tried to play a few games while comatose asleep because I needed some KOTR Energy refills, ended up clicking on Rollins, I just assumed everyone had done this.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Holy crap, I just got a Legendary Brock Lesnar by chance whilst at Legendary+ status. I mean it's useless without a second one really, but at least it's possible. I don't think I've ever lucked into an Epic card from the board after about 5500 games.

Also I have about the near perfect KOTR team for getting me a pair of Epics, they've got me Stephanie McMahon, The Rock, Randy Savage and... well Kane, so I'm just keeping my Pro URs team as is, which means it'll take me a while to pro out Savage as it stand but my card catalog hopes and dreams are looking real good right now.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Going to go into an Epic KOTR Final with a 48-1 record. What's extra irritating about that 1 is that the loss was to someone who didn't even make the bracket stage and my team were relatively fresh for it.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Started playing Supercard after a 2 week hiatus, instantly addicted again. Not sure about the falling leaves. Why do we think Pairs in the KOTR Final are disappearing? Has that been said somewhere official? Makes no sense, because then why would you even bother entering KOTRs realistically?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
The increased likelihood of a good exhibition card given out seems true. Just got a Survivor Rowdy Roddy Piper while still only being at the early stages of the "Survivor" band (as opposed to Survivor++)

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Second survivor, my guaranteed one was Shawn Michaels, so I've done alright for a day's work.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
For me it's not even a case of sandbagging, my best cards need training, and the quickest way is by using my previous best cards. I only need 5 good cards for exhibition so I don't want a good bench for KOTR (I play regularly enough to get fitness cards). My bench is full of commons because they're there and I can't be bothered to change them to my next best five which are untrained Epics or whatever. The only time I would max out the bench is if I was on the precipice of the next tier, and with the new rewards system, even that probably isn't worth doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
The snow and Christmas lights are already an eyesore. Though I appreciate how much continuous effort goes into this app though, compared to other grinding games that have sucked me in.

For the first time ever my Diva card is my worst card and I'm sure I'm losing more than I have ever done.