Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Royal P

Raarr
i have a pork tenderloin in the fridge that i need to cook p soon

im tempted to make a stew out of it because thats excellent leftover food and i live alone but i also feel like that would be a form of tenderloin abuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal P

Raarr

Bo-Pepper posted:

I see nothing wrong with using tenderloin for stew, especially if that's what you want to make with it. A cursory search with google brings up a bunch of recipes that call for pork tenderloin. I say go to town.

But if you choose to roast it whole or something similar, be sure to brine it first. Most lean cuts of meat, especially pork nowadays, benefit massively from some time spent in a simple brine.

For pork I like to make a quick concentrate of hot/warm water of 1 cup water to 1/4 cups each of kosher salt and brown sugar. Once the salt and sugar are dissolved, mix that with 2 cups cold water and some ice cubes. Make sure the brine is cold before adding the pork. But once you have that, just add the pork to the brine and wait a half hour to a couple of hours. Then use your pork for whatever it is you wanted ot do, but now it tastes beter and will stay juicy more easily. I refuse to make even pork chops without brining them.

ooh, neat! ive been roasting meat for years now but nobody ever told me about brining. gonna try this now.