Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I (Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka) will be flying into SFO to meet with DocEvil ("@fart" ("Jon Hendren")) on Friday, August 22-25th. Let's pack a bar with some goons! Head over to the Goon Party thread and join us for a night of drinking and serious discussion about anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
:firstpost:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

boy what sort of antics are going to go down there !!!!! !

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i might go just to tell docevil that i loved him in hot tub time machine and kick-rear end

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ask them to sign your boobs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they're arguing over what bar to ruin people are recommending tiny-rear end places like house of shields

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

i dont know what or where that is but i am outraged

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

qirex posted:

they're arguing over what bar to ruin people are recommending tiny-rear end places like house of shields

like four people are gonna show up and blow up lowtax's twitter and that'll be that

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

will there be eggs

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

why would i want to leave my house when i could be inside playing anime dating sims

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

qirex posted:

there's lots of things to worry about when goons meet up but i'm p sure most bars in san francisco are accustomed to large gatherings of fat sweaty computer nerds with no knowledge of how to act like an adult in public

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
we are a long way off from the heady days of goonmeet 03 when the fair lady integral stole a laptop from fragmaster

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
do u think lowtax still misses the lone white girl he convinced to briefly date him~...

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I once went to a goon meet that ended with a bunch of people having an argument about motherboards outside the el torito in milpitas

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
and there was one incident where someone was carrying a waist high stick/branch of wood while outside the bar, in downtown

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
gooncon '05 in new orleans saw so many nerds vomit all over themselves in public, let me tell you

pram
Jun 10, 2001
at the final gooncon like 12 people showed up lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

gooncon '05 in new orleans saw so many nerds vomit all over themselves in public, let me tell you

when is the least lovely time of year to go to new orleans if you're not interested in vomiting on yourself

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
the only way i'd go to gooncon is if it was being held in my house

and even then i'd probably get a hotel

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

pram posted:

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Proteus4994 posted:

the only way i'd go to gooncon is if it was being held in my house

ask sir donkeypunch about how casual-puke-goon.jpg came about

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

graph posted:

ask sir donkeypunch about how casual-puke-goon.jpg came about

drat that was a goon?

thankfully I was always too young and broke to go to goon con but for some reason hope there will be "regoonions" where I can meet some if the greats.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I have attended a few hangouts with yospos goons and it was fine and everyone was cool and we maybe mentioned SA like twice the whole time

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PipeRifle posted:

I have attended a few hangouts with yospos goons and it was fine and everyone was cool and we maybe mentioned SA like twice the whole time

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PipeRifle posted:

same and yeah this is key

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

when is the least lovely time of year to go to new orleans if you're not interested in vomiting on yourself

spring, post-mardi gras

ideally before jazzfest and not on frech quarter fest weekend (also avoid st patrick's day)

stay in a b&b in the marigny/bywater unless you're in a hotel downtown

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

spring, post-mardi gras

ideally before jazzfest and not on frech quarter fest weekend (also avoid st patrick's day)

are people who tell me not to come during jazzfest because it gets rly dangerous racist?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

frenchman street ftw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PuTTY riot posted:

are people who tell me not to come during jazzfest because it gets rly dangerous racist?

it gets equally as full as mardi gras (like literally impossible to fly in/out) except boomer whites in hawaiian print

idgi we always just get in for free and eat ourselves stupid in the mayor's tent and even then i could take it or leave it (tho last year we saw ceelo green backstage that was cool)

what i personally like is how chill the first weekend in july is because it's my buddy's b'day and essence fest so we always put on a shitload of cologne, pin a buck to his shirt, and go out and get all the drunk black ladies to flirt with him (they love his butt)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Oh gently caress, Hyundai offers a rear wheel drive coupe for $26900 base. Hyundai now officially owns in my book.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I own a Hyundai I don't care who loving knows

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i actually went to the ~goonmeet~~ in san diego when lowtax was in town last year and the people who showed up were shockingly normal

like there was one dude who seemed like a big weirdo but otherwise everyone else was just sort of your normal average nerd

(its me i was the big weirdo)

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Even then it was like someone telling a real life story and someone else is like "wasn't there a goon who did a similar thing." Or worked for a company or whatever. Not like "boy the forums sure are swell"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I've met a bunch of people from the forums and with very few exceptions they have been normal decent people

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

qirex posted:

last time I checked the thread it was converging on Zeitgeist, which was ruined well before all this

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

does @lowtax even read YOSPOS?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

does @lowtax even read YOSPOS?
Yes. He reads every post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU