Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

What does Pratchett write? I recognize the name for some reason. Is he like Don DeLillo? He has the kind of name of a guy that would write like Don DeLillo.
It's mostly like Clive Cussler. Suspense thrillers with a lot of classic cars and hot babes. He does some YA stuff too, like James Patterson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kelfeftaf posted:

Though he uses a variety of different styles in his books. Pratchett's at his funniest when he mixes Elizabethan drama with Swiftian satire.
Haha, yeah, I can't enjoy my good airport fiction unless I pretend it's also something British and from the past, because I think that's what literature is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

egon_beeblebrox posted:

It's too bad the rumored movie adaptation by Terry Gilliam has somehow become a TV adaptation by Terry Jones, instead.
Back in 2008, Sam Raimi was attached to a Wee Free Men movie.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

someone on SA said earlier and i agree completely that you can tell the parts Pratchett wrote and the parts Gaiman wrote because the Pratchett parts are funny and clever and the Gaiman parts are boring and suck poo poo
What are you talking about, Gaiman's portions were amazing, the Four Horsemen were extremely clever and interesting. Remember how the one ran a diet company, and the other was Looten Plunder from Captain Planet?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstPersonShitter posted:

pratchett also said that working with gaiman put him off collaborating forever.

i can believe this because gaiman is a huge dingus whose main audience is chubby teen goths
This is also clearly untrue because Pratchett has two volumes out of a collaborative sci-fi series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

no death was extremely clever and interesting, the other three were boring poo poo
You mean the version of Death that clearly borrowed from Pratchett rather than Gaiman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kelfeftaf posted:

Now I have to read this good-rear end book. I've never read a collaboration before, and I want to see how messy it can be.
If you didn't know it was a collaboration you'd think it was one author who threw a lot of ideas at the wall and they didn't all stick.

• Locked thread