Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
The real reason most of our troop outfit acquisitions failed is because Footfall has gently caress-all for manufacturing. "Footfall pattern" is basically a gag line for zip guns and cheap knock-offs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Positively charged ectoplasma and music by Jackie Wilson also work, but in-universe that knowledge has been lost to the ages.

we have athena, we can figure it out

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

We may as well just take a chunk of Footfall with us. We're already going to be taking charge of a goddamn space hulk, may as well see how big we can get it by assimilating part of every world we come into contact with. Besides, we need to replace all the dregs we're currently losing.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Footfall is ruled by a consortium of Rogue Traders. They don't care what you do unless it screws with commerce. Taking a noticeable portion of the entire population with you qualifies. Even as an Inquisitor/Magos/Rogue Trader getting ourselves on the hit list of nearly every other trader in the expanse is probably unwise.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SerSpook posted:

we have athena, we can figure it out

We'll finally get the Ghostbusters 2 we deserve...

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

My roommate is using my headset, which means it is impossible for me to write :D So, lets play a game. Which character, location or plot event that happened this session were Player designed? Remember, we had three players in Arc 2.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Trick question.

Ohone.

Edit: Also megabyte. You may want to clarify non-thread players.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

TheParadigm posted:

Trick question.

Ohone.

Edit: Also megabyte. You may want to clarify non-thread players.

The winners last round were Waci, Tomn, and Lanky Coconut Tree. So, what do you think they made? ;)

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tran posted:

Footfall is ruled by a consortium of Rogue Traders. They don't care what you do unless it screws with commerce. Taking a noticeable portion of the entire population with you qualifies. Even as an Inquisitor/Magos/Rogue Trader getting ourselves on the hit list of nearly every other trader in the expanse is probably unwise.

Considering we were trying to find a way to steal a hivetop in the middle of a war using a nuclear payload, stealing a chunk of Footfall without the various powers knowing or understanding what happened is simply another challenge worth overcoming on our path toward becoming a legendary rogue trader. It wasn't really a serious suggestion anyway, since there are far more pressing matters to attend to aboard the ship.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Also, while Im at it.

Who do you think had a great impact on this Arc? Active poster, gave good advice, etc. You can choose two.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
The Dwarf was definitely player-made. And I think the cogitator scene too. Jasmine might have been a player-created character too.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
My dad/Waci. I wasn't nearly as effective this arc because spycraft isn't my forte. I'm glad we'll be going back to a military arc for a bit, I contribute more there.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Tran, Xun.

Waci fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 7, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

VanSandman posted:

My dad/Waci. I wasn't nearly as effective this arc because spycraft isn't my forte. I'm glad we'll be going back to a military arc for a bit, I contribute more there.

They had characters already :p If the thread really wants, we can award them again. Up to you.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My gut says Paragon placed in the top 10 and I placed high enough to get one of those small plastic participation trophies.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

ElrondHubbard posted:

Considering we were trying to find a way to steal a hivetop in the middle of a war using a nuclear payload, stealing a chunk of Footfall without the various powers knowing or understanding what happened is simply another challenge worth overcoming on our path toward becoming a legendary rogue trader. It wasn't really a serious suggestion anyway, since there are far more pressing matters to attend to aboard the ship.

I'm not that dense. Your mention of replacing the dregs might have gotten some traction as a serious suggestion though. So I wanted to head off any calls to just scoop up replacements from the station.

As for things that were player made I'm going with the dwarf, the farseer, and Sister Suffer. As for best posters, I'm going with Xun for all the art and Waci again for handling the damnable acquisitions.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If you need some reader ideas, I'd be more than happy to contribute.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Oh, we should get gas masks/rebreathers for our mooks just in case they end up fighting in vacuum/space mustard gas.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I would like the chance to contribute but voting for yourself is bad form so I'm gonna say Xun for that amazing image.

I'm just happy my vote to have Ohone mess with the local messaging system got in. :)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

What NPC/scenes were player made?
The Dwarf x x
Cogitator Scene x
Farseer x
Sister Suffer x
Jazmine x

Who gets to make the next NPCs?
Xun x x x
Waci x x
Tran x
Mydad x
Paragon x
Random Paul x

Which Inquisitor do we want to be our buddy cop?
Edourd, the dour Thorian
Lynwood, the icy Recongregationist
Neither

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 7, 2015

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I nominate Waci and her power of begging alot

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

Edourd, the dour Thorian
Lynwood, the icy Recongregationist

Por que no los dos?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LowellDND posted:

Random Paul x

It's an honor to be on the list. And a surprise. Mostly a surprise.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
The Dwarf x

Waci

Edourd, the dour Thorian

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

Por que no los dos?

I didnt think the thread would want another 3 months of Inquisitor shenanigans :D

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

I didnt think the thread would want another 3 months of Inquisitor shenanigans :D

Why would someone not want more inquisition shenanigans? We still need to go rescue that one guy from the glacier!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Jesus Christ... :stare: this thread moves so fast sometimes. Ok... ok. Wow.

Maybe somebody could hammer out a Google doc or something with a short description of what all of our skills, talents, cyberware, and other poo poo does.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Mayflies and sunsets

“Inquisitor-Lord Maruseva, I must choose…” The room paused, watching to see which way you would go. It was more of a mystery than most, given your mystery patron. Were they a Radical, a Puritan? Was your rivalry with the Xanthites a matter of philosophy, or simply pecking order?
“... Thorians.”
A breath let out of the watching audience. A Puritan, then. Somewhat middle of the road, though - their ideology of healing/resurrecting the God-Emperor was considered Radical, by some. It meant you were probably willing to work with people outside your framework, which was promising.

Rather unlike the Inquisitor-Lord, who sat back in his gilded throne. A Monodominant through and through, and willing to show it.

“Very well. And your Ordos?”
“Malleus, Inquisitor-Lord.”
He nodded. Considering your first contact was a victory against a daemon, that was not surprising. He reached besides him, under some sort of dog that had nestled next to him. White and long haired, you wondered why you hadn’t noticed it before. Normally, Megabyte went crazy over such things.

Anyway. Maruseva twirled an envelope in his fingertips, called you forward. It had a strange, spongy feel to it - your sensors noted it as the fibrous texture of a mushroom. You opened it up just enough to see ornate handwriting, laid in pure silver. Maruseva met your gaze. “I have been guarding that invitation for twelve years, awaiting your arrival. Read it at your leisure.”

More prophecies. Lovely. “Thank you, Inquisitor-Lord.”
“And now…” He clapped. “The cleansing of heretics.”
A dozen figures were filed in, laden in chains. My, but that didn’t take him long at all. Siadwell’s retinue, not looking nearly as confident as the first time you had seen them.

Maruseva spoke, his voice clear and concise. “Friends, these individuals have been found guilty in the service of a heretical Inquisitor. Do any of you wish to suffer their survival, under the Doom of Damocles?”
You raised your hand. Maruseva looked at you in surprise. “Who do you wish to save?”
“Sister Suffer.”
She met your gaze, confused. You smiled as you continued. “I wish to save her armor and equipment, to serve a more holy cause.”
Sister Suffer’s face twisted into a bitter smile as Maruseva laughed. “Yes, of course. And her heretical body?”
“Space it, my Lord. Along with the others.”

He laughed again. “Does anyone else wish to offer them succor?”
Silence. Everyone knew which way the wind was blowing. A Radical Inquisitor Lord, replaced by a Puritan. The rising star of the Radicals, found guilty and shot in the back of the head. No, now was not a good time to be a Radical.
“Well then.” His smile was ugly. “Do your duty, servitors.”

The crowd was silent as they watched the dozen figures led to the docking bay, spaced one at a time. Maruseva waited for each one to die before going to the next one, and the time slowed to a crawl, the heretics growing sweaty and pale.

The Daemonhost was bombarded with ship-grade torpedoes, of course. No one was crazy enough to think the void was enough to kill it.

Maruseva clapped. “Excellent, excellent. Now, are there any other Radical materials known in this place? They must be cleansed as well.”

The book burnings began, then. Now was the time to show your faith, after all.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Read the invitation, then go have a chat with Edourd.

We did just publicly join his faction.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
After that, talk to the Recongregationists.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LowellDND posted:

Kozilek. You totally made up and used the name before you committed to filling him in as a person - and crowdsourced for ideas maybe better than your own to steal.
The legend totally came first.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

TheParadigm posted:

Kozilek. You totally made up and used the name before you committed to filling him in as a person - and crowdsourced for ideas maybe better than your own to steal.
The legend totally came first.

This is true, but already confirmed back in the previous arc.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

"Doom of Damocles"? Not a lot of wizards in this council, Lowell.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

wiegieman posted:

Sister Suffer was a psyker, and there was a daemonhost.

No one wanted to step in for them though :D

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Waci posted:

This plus we should also round up everything Siadwell's collected about the Eldar staff and send a small token to our husbando letting him know that we return soon victorious.

We haven't finished spacing traitors just yet :v:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

wiegieman posted:

That we know of. :tinfoil:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

For those who dont remember:

quote:

"Of all your observations, those heat differentials bothered you the most. One hundreds of degrees hot, the other barely above zero, and both of them hidden behind a holofield. The younger version of you considered various options - candles and ice sculptures, oven and chilling station, but you knew what it was. Someone was readying an ambush, even if you weren’t sure whether it was Devries, Lord-Sire, the Magos, Kozilek, or someone new entirely. You had too many enemies, and not enough time.

Your skulls were floating about in macabre waltz, chanting their hymns and cackling wildly. Before you approached the Captain’s Throne, and your Lord-Sire (and explained how this wasn’t a coup, really), you wanted to find out what their ace in the hole was. You muted one of your skulls, Dana, your first, and sent her spiraling into the distance. She followed an unpredictable pattern, and detached from the swarm of skulls without being noticed.

You popped Dana through the holofield, just enough to see what was on the other side.

On the left most: A Sister of Battle, in full armor, wreathed in pyrotechnic energy."

quote:

"An electric current of fear ran through you. You were right. You were right. A Sister of Battle - pyrokinetic? Stormtroopers. A box of some unknown horror, wrapped in eldritch wards and the thing figures of haunted eyes. And the center figure, someone who had stepped out of a fire. You were almost certain this was an Inquisitorial kill-team. Were they here for you?"

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 7, 2015

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Waci posted:

Sort of: Invite Edourd aboard the beast for a chat with Miriam, the family records keeper. Now that we don't have Siadwell in the way we have things to discuss. It works as a show of good faith toward the Thorians, and gets his potentially useful input on our family history and Eldar connections.

Tran fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 7, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

It’s not about running to, it’s about running from

You left before the fires finished. More servitors were still bringing in armloads of ancient lore, fuel for the fire, and the ventilators were straining with it. Maruseva was watching it all with a hellish glee, and you were firmly convinced he would put heretics on the fire just as easily. It bothered you on a visceral level, that someone could be so … wasteful.

At least use their organs afterwards, come now.

Many of the Radicals were staying late to show their devotion, but you didn’t feel the need. You were quite visibly the enemy of radicals, having fought one to the death, and you had business to be about. Time to find your … sponsor? Ally? Whatever. You were a Thorian now, and needed to cultivate yourself to them.

And, of course, your other masters.

Edourd was pacing aggressively in front of the cogitators. Moving his arms wildly, and talking to himself. Oh dear. It sounded like … this was a ‘low probability scenario.’ You smiled. He would have to get used to that around you. Things had a way of working out, you’d found, and in your favor.

“Edourd.”
He started, looked over. “Oh. Its you.”
“Who else would it be? We are comrades in arms now, as well you know.”
He bit his cheek. “They thought you would join the Recongregators.”
“Who?”
“The cogitators.”
You couldn’t hold back a grin. “You know me. Ms low probability.”
He waved his arms even more. “Yes, that’s it exactly. Listen, I need to come with you.”
“Oh? Why is that?”
“They are freaking out. They say that they need to be with you, or more low probabilties are likely, and worse ones.”
“You want to move aboard my ship? And all this gear?”
He looked at you as if you were crazy. “Yes. And it needs to happen…” He checked. “We need to enter warp within 10 days. Both of us.”
“Where? I was planning on going shopping.”
“You can go shopping elsewhere. Open the letter. It changes things for the better, and then we can go.”
You couldn’t help needling him a bit. “Still think I work for Kozilek?”
“Yes. No. I don’t know. Purging Radicals is right up his alley, but Maruseva lacks all subtlety. They hate each other.”
“I thought he was a legend?”
“Please. I read the old records. They were competitors for Inquisitor-Lord.”
“What happens if Maruseva dies?”
He glanced at you. “I don’t know. That’s internal records to the Monodominants, I was only able to read things from a century or more ago.”
“But they get to choose their next Inquisitor-Lord?”
“Kind of. It’s not just internal voting, it needs several ideologies in support. Its a sign of respect.”
“Does Kozilek have it?”
“I don’t know. Half don’t think he’s real, or pretend that.”
“Who would be the next Inquisitor-Lord then?”
He thought. “It really depends on how this purge falls out. I couldn’t say just yet.”
“Let me know when you do, I might want to vote for them.”
He laughed humorlessly. “Sure. Now get moving, we need to go. Now.”

-

Your conversation with Lynwood was similarly concise. She was loading several servitors of gear, marching them to the docking bay.
“Leaving already?”
She narrowed her eyes at you. “You don’t know what Maruseva’s like. I’m lucky I got permission to leave at all.”
“Oh?”
“And Jazmine didn’t even wait for that. Time for those of the more Radical persuasion to go far far away.”
“And me?”
“You are a Thorian, do what you want.”
“And if I were … of the more Radical persuasion.”
Lynwood stared at you hard. “Then we’ll be in touch. But not here.”

-

If someone can post the elite advance for Radical faction, that would be helpful :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Read the invitation.