Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Wentley posted:

HOT TAKE VOTES!

If I didn't vote, I vote no purges. I think I made it clear I was in the "Please be less psycho" camp.

Retrofit so the guns point out, but keep the inside super confusing for outsiders. Rewire.

Check out weird Ferrus Manus stuff, because cool tech loot is cool.

I vote this, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Van Sandman's plan involved no purges so I don't know why people are assuming we're going on a kill rampage right now.

We killed Amacita because she made one mistake too many. She disrespected us in public. This is 40k. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO THAT. This is along the same lines as running away when a Commissar is on the line with you. This is like calling one of your parents a bitch/rear end in a top hat when you are a kid. You done hosed up.

I really don't understand all this hand wringing and gnashing of teeth about how we've become this psychopath. This was a very slow and deliberate reaction to the situations we have been in. Devries made us think this way because if we didn't, this CYOA would have been over with the nuke or possibly even earlier. Add in all the Warp fuckery, Ultramarines, Iron Hands, Ching Shih, Eldar, etc and how can you possibly be surprised this is how things end up? We're positively benevolent in 40k society. Some could argue we're actually soft for even entertaining the idea that we give a poo poo about what makes a human a human. That we care about the Abrogates and the Krieg.

So why don't we all just get on our big girl pants and quit crying over this naive, idealistic child who should have been dead ages ago if it wasn't for our intervention. Amacita has been directly or indirectly involved in or been the catalyst for most of the horrific events since we came aboard the Beast.

it's because sometimes people seem to think CYOA vote choices reflect on who people are irl

hth

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

maxhush posted:

it's because sometimes people seem to think CYOA vote choices reflect on who people are irl

hth

Attention: thread
RE: My Votes

figh tme irl

Sincerely,

forums user poor life choice

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Nah. It's the problem with well written characters. People empathize with them, and start building an impression of them in their minds. When something happens that deviates from that, we get pissed. Dumb, but human nature. Also, for me, it is partly aspirational. I want Ohone to do better! I also didn't think death was warranted.

So I won't fight you irl, poor life choice. I will buy you a beer though. Or whatever you drink. Fernet?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

poor life choice posted:

Attention: thread
RE: My Votes

figh tme irl

Sincerely,

forums user poor life choice

I challenge you, wrongvoter *spits* to a duel!

maxhush posted:

hth

Yeah it happens all the time in various forums CYOAs and it's tiresome as all gently caress.

Anyway, No purges, offer all non-critical crew/ technical stowaways the chance to resign/leave

Put a focus on speed. We need the ability to get in and out of critical AO's quickly.

Build the Ferrus Manus device, test it on someone we don't like.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
No chance to resign. Can you imagine the damage it'll do to the Abrogates? They will lose their poo poo completely, and make us look incompetent at this critical juncture! Either purge or ignore, there can be no middle ground.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

VanSandman posted:

No chance to resign. Can you imagine the damage it'll do to the Abrogates? They will lose their poo poo completely, and make us look incompetent at this critical juncture! Either purge or ignore, there can be no middle ground.

The Abrogates are considered critical crew :ssh:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
No resigning.

When you're part of the crew you're crew for life. Yo ho, yo ho a traders life for me.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I firmly believe purging will do nothing in this instance. Let's get Alpha Deck and our Council together and drop a little knowledge bomb on them. Leave out Athena and the Golden Throne. Explain reasoning behind Amacita with suggestion that discussion in private will go far further than open defiance of the Lord Sire/Inquisitor Lord/Magos.

Honest question: Do people really think the previous Lord Sires would have been at all tolerant of someone doing what she did in front of witnesses? Remember when that one guy/rival/cousin got wasted by the previous Lord Sire for failing during the first Abaxus encounter?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Counterpoint, why do we need to explain ourselves? We provided a public explanation and they know that we will broach no insubordination nor insurrection. Discussing things or explaining is admitting weakness.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Let's get Alpha Deck and our Council together and drop a little knowledge bomb on them. Leave out Athena and the Golden Throne.

While Im happy to write Van Sandman plan, what do you want to tell them if not Athena and the Throne? Everyone in the galaxy knows there's an STC on Golgotha :v:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

While Im happy to write Van Sandman plan, what do you want to tell them if not Athena and the Throne? Everyone in the galaxy knows there's an STC on Golgotha :v:

Let them know the STC is the key to restoring lost glory. A return to the Golden Age of Mythology, when the Emperor Walked Among Men in form thereof. Before the Heresy. Make it clear that this is the answer to all prayers.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Arkanomen posted:

Counterpoint, why do we need to explain ourselves? We provided a public explanation and they know that we will broach no insubordination nor insurrection. Discussing things or explaining is admitting weakness.

I don't see it that way at all. We're past having a weakness that these people can exploit, especially when it comes to have our ship running smoothly. We want them running our version of SOP and lifting the veil on our actions a little will go a long way to having our point of view make sense to them. Otherwise you get people not willing to report critical problems for fear of having their hearts ripped out. This way they'll have a framework on how to make decisions that we would like.

LowellDND posted:

I mean, don't tell them the STC is a lie to get Athena what she wants. Also don't tell anyone that the Throne is failing and failing fast. That's just going to create mass panic. We are here to save the Imperium.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 10, 2015

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

If they know about the STC then what the hell was Amacita going on about before we killed her? Did she not realise that dealing with a discovery of that magnitude kind of takes precedence over run of the mill rogue trader shenanigans?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rahul posted:

If they know about the STC then what the hell was Amacita going on about before we killed her? Did she not realise that dealing with a discovery of that magnitude kind of takes precedence over run of the mill rogue trader shenanigans?

How the gently caress are we going to keep the lights on without revenue stream?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Lord Sire/Inquisitor Lord/Magos.

We're just a regular old Joe Inquisitor actually. We don't get to tack lord to the end of that title.

Yet

What's the difference between an Inquisitor Lord and an Inquisitor by the way? Other than the former getting to tell the latter what to do, of course.

Further question: How do Inquisitors and Magi typically pay for their poo poo? Do they just order the local bureaucrats to give them money?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rahul posted:

Well, she's dead, but she thought that would be a better approach with you (money) than the lives of her people :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

We're just a regular old Joe Inquisitor actually. We don't get to tack lord to the end of that title.

Yet

What's the difference between an Inquisitor Lord and an Inquisitor by the way? Other than the former getting to tell the latter what to do, of course.

Further question: How do Inquisitors and Magi typically pay for their poo poo? Do they just order the local bureaucrats to give them money?

Popular acclaim. You show significant enough influence among the Inquisition that you are granted the title. Its (mostly) a ceremonial term of respect. Inquisitors don't usually challenge Inquisitor Lords not because they have a title, but the extensive power base and influence they developed in so doing.

And yeah, Inquisitors do that sometimes :v: Its a pretty standard trope, an Inquisitor enlisting a Rogue Trader ship.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

paragon1 posted:

Yet

We're going to go walking on Terra. We're going to also have a little chat at Inquisition HQ most likely as well. At this point we could demand most anything we wanted barring a seat as a High Lord of Terra. (doesn't mean they would give it, just we wouldn't laughed at then executed immediately)

Magi get money/resources from the Mechanicus. You are allotted a certain amount per your rank per month/rando time period. Same with Inquisitors, but waaaaaay more poo poo is open to you.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

maxhush posted:

hth

I literally eat people in real life. This is a fact.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Day 9
Current: 13,073
Total Goal: 15,000

Knowledge Bombs

You glanced at Edourd, tried to ramp down your paranoia. He was just trying to do the friend thing … probably. Still, that was one of the rare times he had asked that of you. Perhaps you were appearing… off? Best to head it off at the pass. Your tone was brisk.

“I’m fine. Gather the council, I want to say a few words.”
His eyebrows went up in surprise, perhaps curiosity, but he nodded. “I’m on it.”

The Council was … not your preference, exactly, but running another purge wasn’t ideal. Oddly, you felt more on shaky ground than prior to killing Amacita - perhaps all her public works had garnered her some good will? You had the feeling of hearing cracking ice in the distance, and the need to step carefully. Tyrants could be overthrown surprisingly quickly.

Limosa and Edourd, of course. Limosa was loyal, Edourd was … an equal. Of sorts. And not interested in the private affairs of the Family.
Hierophant Isaac. Personally selected by you, back on Footfall. Loyal member of the Drusian sect, major theologian in the Abrogationist cult.
Young Henderson, some relative of Old Henderson (deceased). Learned his trade under Erasmus, also deceased. Years ago, you probably would have gotten along with him, but now he simply seemed naive. You could see why Amacita had gotten along with him.
Colonel Wolfgang, brought onto your ship as a favor on Agatha’s World. All spit and polish, you would have thought Amacita would have been turned off of officers by now. Apparently he was decent at strategy though.
Explorer Luckas, one of the people you’d known longest. Supported Amacita in the beginning, supported you against Magos Kiera.
Sister Katarina. Smooth as silk, from the Ecclesiarchy’s diplomatic corps. Considerably better at it than the Mechanicus’ version. You weren’t sure what her angle was. Keeping an eye on the anti-church Abrogates? Worth keeping an eye on.
Colonel Astri, personally promoted by you. But seen in the company in Amacita quite a bit. Although that could have just been her duties. Maybe.
Eleonora, your Seneschal. Amacita’s teacher for several years.

Honestly, Amacita had been at them all for years. But you needed professionals to manage things.

Well, start it off. “I want to begin by saying that, in here, people are allowed and expected to speak their minds. The cult outside is expected to obey, but I need initiative at this level.”
Glances at each other. That wouldn’t do at all.

“Amacita died for several reasons. The most recent example, and the one foremost in your mind, is her speaking her mind when we landed on Luna. Her crime there was doing it in front of others, outsiders. I want to be clear on the difference. Dissension and differences of opinion - allowed here. United front out of there. Stepping out of line will suffer repercussions.

“Now. I had known Amacita for a number of years. She was habitually in orbit around cults, heresy, rebellion, and traitors. Never enough to get targeted, just enough to cause harm to all around her. I want to emphasize that this most recent event was the most recent in a long line of indiscretions, and not me going blood-mad. If you have any curiosity, Caroline the Sage will be happy to detail all of it.”

You met their gaze evenly. “This does not remove me from responsibility. I screwed up. I left the Dynasty alone for too long, and without direction. People stepping up to compensate for it is to be applauded - but the way Amacita went about it was fatally incorrect. Good initiative, bad judgement, as it were. To keep that in mind, I want to establish a few things.

“Firstly, Limosa has my full confidence in the day to day running of the ship. Amacita did not, and she subverted the Family hierarchy in so doing. I endorse and stand by Limosa fully.” And who would have thought you’d ever be saying that? Limosa seemed to be thinking similar, remembering your political games on Golgotha last time.

“We are going to Golgotha - everyone in the galaxy is going to Golgotha. I want to emphasize this, since it seemed lost on her. There is a fully functional STC there. It made a Titan, simply on request. As such, this is an item of galactic importance. I don’t want to be having a fight over the pecking order while we head there, nor do I want any confusion about our goals. Our - the entire Imperium’s - goal is to get that STC.”

-

That get everyone’s points across? If yes, I’ll proceed with the retrofits and Ferrus Magnus stuff

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Well, we reveal the Inquisition angle for sure. Our ship is the flagship of Humanity's last hope. Just trying to spin the narrative and give the Abrogates et al something to kill themselves toward.

e: me post slow
e2: the Iron Maiden hasn't ever addressed the Abrogates, though, has she? Maybe the (second? Tied for first?) highest figure in their cult should point them in that direction.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 10, 2015

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LowellDND posted:

Well, she's dead, but she thought that would be a better approach with you (money) than the lives of her people :v:

For the record, this is why you don't keep people in the dark.

People act with what they know.

Ohone needs a new retinue, and someone to delegate the murdering and petty investigations to.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LowellDND posted:

I don’t want to be having a fight over the pecking order while we head there, nor do I want any confusion about our goals. Our - the entire Imperium’s - goal is to get that STC.”
That get everyone’s points across? If yes, I’ll proceed with the retrofits and Ferrus Magnus stuff

"My job is to get us there. Your jobs are to make sure everything goes smooth, and that everyone knows our dynasty made it happen. Anyone who doesn't want to be part of history can leave, now. "
"Furthermore, the resources of the mechanicus and the inquisition both are at our disposal for this. Nothing gets in the way of this. "

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Did a count. We are at 813 pages of google doc, and 343,000 words :3:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

poor life choice posted:

Well, we reveal the Inquisition angle for sure. Our ship is the flagship of Humanity's last hope. Just trying to spin the narrative and give the Abrogates et al something to kill themselves toward.

e: me post slow
e2: the Iron Maiden hasn't ever addressed the Abrogates, though, has she? Maybe the (second? Tied for first?) highest figure in their cult should point them in that direction.

Yes. After this meeting, give the Abrogates a goal. A ship-wide address. We will take the STC. After that.... well, let the theologians work it out.

On a note: What, exactly, is the real plan with Golgotha? It has honestly slipped my mind.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

LowellDND posted:

Did a count. We are at 813 pages of google doc, and 343,000 words :3:

You have a lot of typing to do if you want to catch diog

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Lowel: Can we have a private meeting with Athena? Ask her what her real plan is at Golgotha? I mean we have done everything she has asked so far so she might tell us!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

VanSandman posted:

Yes. After this meeting, give the Abrogates a goal. A ship-wide address. We will take the STC. After that.... well, let the theologians work it out.

On a note: What, exactly, is the real plan with Golgotha? It has honestly slipped my mind.

So far, Athena said get as many people as possible there, and she might have been lying about what the Dark Mechanicus knew (and thusly encouraged you to send the Message)

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Slice of Life from closer(?) to Terra: Jonn Knox, conversationalist:

Weeks passed. The door opened. He looked up and immediately winced, body still ruined by the Abrogate clubs. A woman, nondescript. No, not nondescript: beyond old, so stretched and so used.

He thought of the commissar that became a divine instrument of the God-Emperor and focused, tried to focus. His gaze found no traction and slid off the bald tire where a face should be. Mumbled. “Will you pop?”

She barked, probably a laugh. “You can see me this time! Took you long enough. That’s good. Good. Good.” Involuntary, a tic. “Do you know where you are? Do you know why?” Head cocked.

“Black Ship. Because my Lord-Sire wished it.”

She coughed another laugh, and the gloom of the place pressed back on the noise so forcefully that the lights dimmed and no sound reached his ears. She hunched away from it, edged closer to him. “S'what’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing. I serve at the pleasure of the Lord-Sire.”

All she did was suddenly be forward, touch him. A paper hand against his cheek and the madness and wrongness wasn’t on the other side of the wall itwas here it was touching him it has to be off it away i’m sorry i di’n wanna.

Hell withdrew. Whisper: “I mean your filth, you mewling pup. What darkness have the Ruinous Powers shoved in your soul, you child?”

“I see some things before they happen. More things that didn’t happen, too.” Pause “Things I hope don’t happen. I think I get a choice?”

It bobs, undulates. “Good for you! Bad for you, too. The third eye poo poo’s a big mark in the ‘fuel’ column. Astronomican needs to see, needs to be seen! God-Emperor could use you, void born! Keep the Imperium strong.” It makes the sign of the Aquila below the face(?) he can’t bring himself to see.

“...But you could be used in other ways, too, hrm?” repeats the noise again and again in an inflection-less grunt. “Can you put it to words, writing, song? Can you sing the future to our armies? Save a general, save a planet. Save yourself?”

“I don’t know.”

It bobs again. “You have time to figure it out. Years. We’re on our way to Terra now.”

A lifetime between the stars briefly overrides his revulsion at what had become his world. “That doesn’t make sense. Assuming Gellar field holds, which admittedly-“

Its laughter drowned out the room and his mind, too loud for this tiny room and its tiny frame. Her frame. That's a human. Right?

“You know the Warp, do you, void born? Travel the skies in your boat and think you have a clue what hides betweeeen things?” Her voice softens, becomes almost human. Y’know the field keep the Warp at bay, yeah? Well. Well. Well. It does nothing to keep that hole in your mind from screaming for the Warp and its beasties to try its luck."

She poked a finger at his forehead and he involuntarily fell back against the wall. “We have thousands of damned, unsanctioned, half or whole-mad psykers rattling in their cages. Screaming for possession. Soooooo... we have another field, different-but-same, pointing in. Catching your cries. Bouncing them around.” She gestures grandly at the dingy closet. “You’re doing this. You and the others. This ship’s as holy and right as can be. Your filth banging around is what makes it so hosed up. Builds on itself – a steam pipe building pressure. Will you pop!? The ship won’t. But we go slow, so slow, through the warp. Can’t jostle the merchandise, scratch the paint.”

“So you’ll teach me? Or train me, or …”

More human still as she gets mean. “Sink or swim, do it or die, void born! No hosed up psyker madness is like the other. Your defect isn’t … what mine was. No. No. No. You set foot in the Imperial Palace under your own power, after this gaol of your own construction? The God-Emperor will take you to his bosom. Well.” Undulating. “Not so close. That’s reserved for those that can’t walk. Those the God-Emperor will truly touch.” Teeth?

“So, void born! Get to ‘training.’” Long pause. I’ll tell you this, though: He’ll take the bad away. He’ll fill you with light.” It’s hard now, it’s hard, hard, but it will feel easy once He scours you.”

bio | discovery | black ship 1 | black ship 2 | to terra | SANCTIONING | training 1 | training 2 | training 3 | limosa | eduard | coward

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 1, 2016

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

So far, Athena said get as many people as possible there, and she might have been lying about what the Dark Mechanicus knew (and thusly encouraged you to send the Message)

Also! Does the Council have any questions for us?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LowellDND posted:

Re-engage the paranoia coils 30%.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Outrail posted:

Re-engage the paranoia coils 30%.

That paranoia has been active since she lied to us on Agatha's world. We're just working on the basis that we think we understand her goals.

The general suspicion is she intends to subvert or destroy as much of the galactic military might as she can in one grand move. This would clear the way for her to restore the Mars Federation, or some equivalent reformation of human governance. As a side benefit, it would also cripple some of humanity's greatest enemies. The grand flaw however, is that it relies on trust. If she is compromised now or in the future, we could be accomplices to any number of horrors. Up to and possibly including the extinction of humanity.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
While I don't think we should let up that the throne is failing (though we should probably tell edourd in private) but I think we should probably say "I spent seven subjective years on titan, I've spoken with the fabricator-general, believe me when I say that the imperium has been assigned a death-date if nothing changes."

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Tran posted:

If she is compromised now or in the future, we could be accomplices to any number of horrors. Up to and possibly including the extinction of humanity.

Look at this scrub thinking small. The extinction of humanity is a mercy compared to its fate with chaos ascendant.

Which is exactly what I think will happen with her, springing fully formed and clad in her dark armor from the head of her new father, Golgotha.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah, humanity is double hosed if the Emperor dies. Mere extinction would be a merciful way out. What does Athena think of the Emperor?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Volmarias posted:

Look at this scrub thinking small. The extinction of humanity is a mercy compared to its fate with chaos ascendant.

Which is exactly what I think will happen with her, springing fully formed and clad in her dark armor from the head of her new father, Golgotha.

You do have a good eye for motif :3:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Right, the official plan is to secure Golgotha, crack open the defenses guarding the STC, remake the golden age of the Imperium. The unofficial plan is to see what Athena's inscrutable motives are, and then do whatever the voices in our head tell us to do. Wait, did I say that out loud? Flood the room with Nerve gas, please.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

LowellDND posted:

You do have a good eye for motif :3:

Even though I know what's going to happen I cannot wait to read it. :f5:

Also eagerly awaiting the greedy children of the mechanicus loving with forces beyond their comprehension and becoming a springboard for that chaos fleet. Even if Ohone recovers an STC, of what good is it when Chaos is teabagging the Emprah?

Being Prometheus, we'll be chained to the golden throne while Anna pecks out our liver for eternity, as the only way to prevent the literal apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Volmarias posted:

Even though I know what's going to happen I cannot wait to read it. :f5:

Also eagerly awaiting the greedy children of the mechanicus loving with forces beyond their comprehension and becoming a springboard for that chaos fleet. Even if Ohone recovers an STC, of what good is it when Chaos is teabagging the Emprah?

Being Prometheus, we'll be chained to the golden throne while Anna pecks out our liver for eternity

Prometheus doesn't really have a happy ending to the story, at least until Hercules shows up :D Who could that be?

Day 9
Current: 13,860
Total Goal: 15,000

Just to be sure…

You glanced around you. “Are there any questions? Any hesitations? I want to go over them now, before we return to Golgotha. You know as well as I that billions of Imperial Guard are dying there already.”
Wolfgang half raised a hand. You nodded at him.
“Where do you see our role in this? We are one ship, even if it is a good one.”
"My job is to get us there. Your jobs are to make sure everything goes smooth, and that everyone knows our dynasty made it happen. The resources of the Mechanicus and the Inquisition both are at our disposal for this. Nothing gets in the way of this. "
Sister Katarina spoke. “Do you see the Church having a role in this?”
“I think you would know their plans better than I.”
“If, for example, one of the Saints got to the STC first.” Was that a jab at Fabiyan? Wondering at his loyalty?
“I’m sure the saints will do well by the God-Emperor. It is unlikely that our ship, personally, will get to the STC first, but the Dynastic politics don’t end with it. We need to ensure that we are at the head of the table when things wrap up.” Your gaze hardened. ”Anyone who doesn't want to be part of history can leave, now. "
No one moved. Your mind itched, trying to figure out their angle. Why would they support your Dynasty over their own power-structures? Had Amacita had that strong of an effect on them? Would they turn on you at some point?

Sincera, or even Devries had been more understandable than these people. It was making you tremendously wary that you didn’t know them at all.