Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we use a remote controlled drone that has no brain and therefore gives zero shits about the Corpse God's brain waves?

Yeah, sticking a head cam on a custodes with the instructions to do exactly what we tell them would work just as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Outrail posted:

Can we use a remote controlled drone that has no brain and therefore gives zero shits about the Corpse God's brain waves?
No brain? That sounds like an AI to me, instead of a good, old fashioned Servitor. We can't bring an Abominable Intelligence into the presence of the Emperor, can we? That would be SUPER heretical.

:ironicat:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JT Jag posted:

No brain? That sounds like an AI to me, instead of a good, old fashioned Servitor. We can't bring an Abominable Intelligence into the presence of the Emperor, can we? That would be SUPER heretical.
Note: This Is What Ohone Would Actually Think About This

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Why not a servo skull?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

hollylolly posted:

Why not a servo skull?
Oh, right, I forgot about servo skulls.

I wonder if it'd short out in the presence of massive psychic interference.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Moses coming down the mountain, you say?

Voting to give the retinue an unhinged rant about the evils of golden cows.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally caught up on the thread! Took me about 3 months of steady reading but I did it! And what a ride it has been. You are a great writer LowellDND, especially at evoking atmosphere and scale and creating suspense, and I look forward to seeing your work in your original settings.

Also, I still miss Tanya. :smith:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I say we go to Golgotha. This arc has been about finding ourself again, after losing Faybian. He will be there. We need to go find him and tell him we saw the God-Emperor.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
LET'S DO CHARACTER SHEET!

It's fun.

Also, knit away, I say.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

K, I have that as

heirophant isaac
young henderson (preacher, learned under erasmus, connection)
colonel wolfgang (officer and gentleman)
Katarina Ehrnrooth sister famulous (bene gesserit)
colonel astri
eleonora
luckas
dwarf
fabiyan’s hat
little sire
julian
random abrogate
theta-411
adelaide
travis wrent
athena/hera/cs
limosa/edourd
space dad (and support staff)

CoughBricelluscoughcough

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Do something nice for limosa/edourd and little sire.

This is a great time (and excuse) for us to change our "will randomly flip out and stab you" reputation.

E: Actually, for the update, find and recognize good work that the minor people in the retinue have been doing in the background.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

falcon2424 posted:

Do something nice for limosa/edourd and little sire.

This is a great time (and excuse) for us to change our "will randomly flip out and stab you" reputation.

E: Actually, for the update, find and recognize good work that the minor people in the retinue have been doing in the background.

a sound plan. +1

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Plan Falcon

But, uh, maybe make sure we run things by one of our more... people oriented followers before we make any given gesture.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Nonsense, intense interrogation coupled with DNA screens and a cursory cavity search should give us all we need to get our folks thoughtful gifts in time for the holiday season.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Wentley posted:

LET'S DO CHARACTER SHEET!

It's fun.

Also, knit away, I say.

Go crazy :v:

XP Earned: 48,055
Spent so far: 37,850

edit: Actually, the formatting on the forum gets messed up. Link is here, player editable. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XlAlZvBo8X2LjibYrQpYJmw7XiW8tenHCLfJu2A9CLU/edit?usp=sharing

This will let people who want to talk shop to do the character design, while the people who just want to read can ignore it :)

Loel fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 11, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I can't remember, is 11,000 xp a lot for what we've been through?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

I can't remember, is 11,000 xp a lot for what we've been through?

Its two levels for ~200 pages of thread, and we're about hitting the cap of the game :v:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Level caps are for chumps.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Level cap... That should be a good foundation for our basement.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

JosephWongKS posted:

Finally caught up on the thread! Took me about 3 months of steady reading but I did it! And what a ride it has been. You are a great writer LowellDND, especially at evoking atmosphere and scale and creating suspense, and I look forward to seeing your work in your original settings.

Also, I still miss Tanya. :smith:

Welcome! Good to have you!

And yeah, Tanya will be missed :(

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

As I walk down the staircase in the shadow of Him
I take a look at my face and realize there's none left
'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that
Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain't never crossed a heretic that didn't deserve it
Me be treated like a dreg, you know that's unheard of
You better watch how you talking, and where you walking
Or you and your tribunes might be lined in chalk
I really hate to trip but I gotta lope
As they croak I see myself in the plasma smoke fool
I'm the kinda G that little homies want to be like
On my knees in the night, saying prayers in Omnissiah's light

They been spending most their lives living in a voidborne's paradise
I keep spending most my life living in a Rogue Trader's paradise
We keep spending most our lives living in a Rogue Trader's paradise

They got the situation, they got me facing
I can't live a normal life, I was raised to run the ship
So I gotta be down with Alpha deck team
Too much skull-o-vision watching got me chasing dreams
I'm a educated cog with STC's on my mind
Got meltagun in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I'm a loped out gangsta set trippin banger
And my Fabiyan is down so gonna rouse my anger fool
Death aint nothing but a heart beat away
I'm living life do or die, what can I say
I'm thirty three never will I live to see thirty four
The way things is going I don't know

Tell me why are we so blind to see
That we only hurt all of humanity.

Power and the money, money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody's running, but half of them ain't looking
poo poo's going on in Golgatha, but I don't know what's cooking
They say I've got to learn but nobody's here to teach me
If they can't understand it, how can they reach me
I guess they can't
I guess they won't
I guess they front
That's why I know my life is out of luck fool

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

That legitimately gave me feels :golfclap: :3: :(

Current: 383,568
Feb 1 Goal: 500,000

Moving in

Your quarters were everything you could have expected of a palace on Terra - indeed, a palace within the palace. Even on a hive-world where space was priceless, the palace you had been loaned was larger than Alpha Deck - and a thousand times more luxurious. It was obviously a place for visiting dignitaries, Inquisitor Lords, Sector Governors, and had room for your entire retinue and then some.

Beyond the security of Terra itself, the custom was to let you have your own guards, so you shuttled down a company of Abrogates. A quick order had them patrolling the perimeter - with an insistence of not fortifying the palace. You could just picture them knocking down walls and stacking art into barricades. The Primarch had been nice enough to give you a place to stay, and you rather didn’t want to offend him.

Even beyond that, you had nearly two dozen advisors and plenipotentiaries, and all of them were granted their own rooms (with secondary rooms for their own staff). Setting up, then, was as much moving in a large village or small town - which itself was the government for a mid-sized city. Even when you weren’t with them, there was constant chatter between them and the Dragon, ensuring things went smooth.

Still, you let them know that you wanted to hold a full meeting later that night. Your muscles and skin had finished being replaced, although you had decided to make the face detachable. It would be a useful gimmick during combat to fight with just a metal skull - or to tear off your own face during a negotiation.

It was the little things that made things worth living, really.

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 12, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

Your muscles and skin had finished being replaced, although you had decided to make the face detachable. It would be a useful gimmick during combat to fight with just a metal skull - or to tear off your own face during a negotiation.

Man I can't believe we didn't think of something like this sooner.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Man I can't believe we didn't think of something like this sooner.

The God-Emperor is wise and full of grace :)

edit: So, I find having 20 named characters in a room is bad for dialogue. Thinking of breaking them up like so:

lionus / charon / space dad / catgirls
athena / hera / cs
limosa/edourd/dwarf/knoxie
wolfgang / katarina / elenora / astri
little sire / julian / adelaide / travis
isaac / henderson / lukacs / theta 411 / bricellus

Loel fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 12, 2015

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

LowellDND posted:

It was the little things that made things worth living, really.

Ah yes. Quite.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
*beep*

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 383,868

Watching There Will Be Brawl. Good stuff :D

Alternate Worlds: Arkanomen

“Look, I’ve been on this soapbox from the beginning, and you know I’m right. Look at the facts:

First, she’s the Spymaster’s daughter. We only found that out by spying on them ourselves with the Pillar - that’s something Ohone has kept very close to her chest. That’s how she’s been able to survive the Family politics for so long - with the Spymaster in her court, something Lord-Sire couldn’t ignore, of course she survived the early games.

Then, she swore she would help us against the Magos, who we knew was a heretek from very early on. Instead of actually following up on that (with all the evidence and witnesses we could offer), she knocks out one of her early rivals. Not saying Cruentus was any ally of ours, but that put her on the fast track in the Lord-Sire’s eyes.

Not content with that, she tore out our power base (and used the same framing that she used on Cruentus - that there was daemonsign). Im not saying she’s working with daemons, but look at how often Abraxus is there to help her out. She managed to have a ‘dramatic’ fight with him, right when the Lord-Sire was watching, and ripped out everything we’d been building for two arcs. And then she made us work for her!

It was the right decision at the time for us, bending the knee, but come on. That isn’t the activity of someone loyal to the Imperium, that’s someone with ambitions. And who can forget her matchmaking? We can’t ignore her commands, and she makes us marry a psychopath! It took us forever to manage to get off those drugs, and by the time we did she had killed off Limosa!

Even the Inquisition was after her, but she got away from that clean. Have you ever heard of such a thing? “Innocence proves nothing”, you know that. I’m increasingly convinced that she has an alliance with Abraxus, and he’s getting her through things. I’m tempted to say she’s either with Khorne or Undivided, given this death cult she’s setting up. Everywhere she goes she blows something up, including the vacation planet we just visited, but I guess the Inquisition is fine with heretics these days.

And let’s not ignore her killing every Magos she meets, only to take their stuff and become even worse. Know any Magos that allows cloning, or mass cybernetics, or anything else she’s doing? She’s way off track at this point, but there is no one around to tell her no. And don’t forget what she’s doing now. “Everyone must go to Golgotha! Except me, I’m going to Terra with my death cult and awesome ship.” How many Imperials has she killed at this point? That first Rupture alone is probably as bad as Horus.

She’s angling to be the next Vandire, and I for one intend to stop her when we next see her.”

-

02:08 Arkanomen holy poo poo
02:08 Arkanomen I thought I was reading my own post
02:08 Arkanomen lmao

Loel fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 12, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
TREASON! LIES AND SLANDER! Burn them.

Vandire aint got poo poo on us. He just wanted to rule the Imperium, we will tear it down and build something beautiful in its place.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hmm..."made Amacita marry Devries" is certainly an interesting spin on had every available resource on the beast publicly hunting him until he suddenly shows up as Amacita's betrothed.

But I guess hypothetical Amacita playing goons might not know this somehow?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Hmm..."made Amacita marry Devries" is certainly an interesting spin on had every available resource on the beast publicly hunting him until he suddenly shows up as Amacita's betrothed.

But I guess hypothetical Amacita playing goons might not know this somehow?

All part of her plan :tinfoil:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If only they knew about the AIs. And our chats with Rogal Dorn and the Fabricator-General.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Slice of Life: Terra: Captain Knox, Inquisition Acolyte:

There wasn’t any ceremony or circumstance to it; shortly after first meal on a day like any other a handler came and said to report to landing bay such-and-such. Gave Knoxie a look that very effectively communicated ignorance and uncaring in equal parts. It was hard to stop smirking when the collar finally came off. As the shuttle left the grounds he saw enormous weapon placements on the building turned inward: a command would probably glass the training grounds and a few extra kilometers besides. The Emperor protects.

The ride was unremarkable – turbulent, but one bumpy trip through planetary atmosphere is like any other. His pleasant demeanor faltered when his mind roiled through the too-hot, sweaty memory of falling to Terra in a shuttle of believers. Ecstasy. No, yeah, this ride was unremarkable. What was noteworthy was who walked into the landing bay of the palatial fortress as soon as it repressurized. “Captain Knox! You look well. I am very glad to see you.”

Simultaneous shock and an automatic bow, a lifetime of training kicking in while his mind scrambled ahead. Simultaneous, effortless double-think that this man is inner Family to be obeyed and a potential challenger to the Lord-Sire to be observed. Is Ohone still the Lord-Sire? So many gaps.

Psyker Primaris Limosa looked older, tired – and his eyes and tone still teased that he knows exactly what you did and thinks it’s hilarious.

Limosa cocked his head and said something that Knoxie immediately forgot, the Greycloak rising out of his bow in a too-relaxed state. Limosa kicked the hypno-conditioning tires: Are you armed. Do you have any malicious plans toward me, toward Lord-Sire Ohone, toward a hundred other names only half of which you recognize. How would you try to kill me. Does your future sense register me. What about now. Now. These individuals are important – images in your mind. These you would kill if they threatened me or the Lord-Sire. These you would kill if I told you to. This is what I want you to think, loudly, if I am in immediate danger. If Ohone is in danger. If Ohone is the danger. Be here if this happens. There, if that. For the better part of an hour they stood in the ice-cold landing bay, one hypnotized and the other taught hard lessons as Interrogator to Inquisitor Saidwell. Lessons well learned.

Finally it was over, and Knoxie came back with no sense of the lapse in consciousness. Limosa always looked like the flourocat that ate the space!canary, and Knoxie couldn’t help but return the smile.

“Sir. What did I miss?”

bio | discovery | black ship 1 | black ship 2 | to terra | SANCTIONING | training 1 | training 2 | training 3 | limosa | eduard | coward

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 1, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waci posted:

If only they knew about the AIs. And our chats with Rogal Dorn and the Fabricator-General.
Or the fact that we were with the Inquisition in the first place and not just being investigated by them.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 384,372

Gathering Storm

The second wave, like the second Rupture, was even worse.

Countless in number, all the fleets of Terra that remained - finished models, ships taken out of mothballs, all the pilgrim fleets granted a few macrocannon - sailed into the deep. With them, the Explorator Fleets, all the ships of Mars. It was a force that had been building for ten thousand years with no losses, and it dwarfed the stars.

The tiny fleets around Sirius B watched them pass. While predators in their own right - all the fleets of the Maelstrom, of Huron Blackheart - they were not the equivalent of Fleet Solar. They settled quietly back in a system that had been unvisited for twenty centuries, small predators watching the apex pass them by. It took weeks.

And then they were done, Huron looked at his companion, the one who had orchestrated all of it. “That’s it then?”
Anna smiled. “Terra is as unguarded as it ever will be. No fleets, no mobile assets. Just the space stations and ground based troops.”
“Enough to blast my fleets to nothing.”
“That’s why we have the slave armies. And, of course, the other part of the plan.” And she smiled again. He nodded slowly.

Quietly, the piratical Chaos fleets made their way to Terra.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They aren't pirates if they aren't singing music like this. Or singing like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOT-XHsG4ss

:colbert:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Of course, there are three or four Minds still in the system. It will be fiiiineeeee.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 384,567

Knitting Circle

“Come one, come all…” Your gaze took in the Greycloak. “What’s he doing here?”
Limosa replied. “Ah, this is Knoxie. One of my Acolytes.”
You blinked. “We have Acolytes in the Greycloaks?”
“Just this one. He’s a precog, useful.”
You had vivid thoughts of lighting him on fire, nodded when he drew back. “That’s handy.”
“I thought so. You might remember him, you sent him to the Black Ships.”
“That was … what, ten years ago subjective? I remember something like that.”
Knoxie bowed cautiously. “Happy to serve, Lord-Sire.”
“I’ll bet.” You glanced at Limosa. “Reliable?”
“As much as anyone.” At your expression, he gestured. “Joke. He’s a sanctioned psyker and been through the Greycloak’s hypno-conditioning.”
“And you want him here at this little meeting?”
“Yes.” His tone was firm, if respectful.
“On your head be it. Knoxie, welcome to the big leagues. Don’t screw it up.” You glanced at the others, Edourd, the Dwarf. “Where we at?”
The Dwarf replied. “We let the local Inquisitor know we are in the area, as is polite. In this case, it’s a High Lord and Inquisitor Lord, which is a bit more unusual.”
“Mm. Do I know him?”
“Karamazov.”
You considered the name. “A burner.”
“Yeah. Inquisitor Lord Maruseva gave us a reference, apparently he liked you.”
“Suppose we should say hi at some point. Any customs for meeting the Inquisitorial High Lord?”
“Not as such. Inquisitors are an independent lot.”
“Fair enough. How things on other fronts?”
Edourd spoke. “Cells running as per normal. There’s been an upswing in mass-killings, mostly feeding off the riots. We have some success hunting them down, the Blood God isn’t particularly subtle.”
“Excellent.” You paused. “I know I haven’t focused much on that side of things, but … I will try to do better in the future. I still have those responsibilities.”
They glanced at each other, then you. “Well, Golgotha has understandably been taking up your time. But thank you.”
“Still. Remind me to do something for you later, I know you’ve been pulling my slack on some things.”
The Dwarf grunted, perhaps a laugh? “Take me to the Terra Aviary sometime, I’ll call it even.”
“Done. Now, how are things on Golgotha?”
“Our source Athena,” he glanced at Knoxie for a moment, “has managed to set up a real-time information feed. The inner planets - and orbits - are pure xeno. The outer worlds are Imperial Fleets.”
“Has anyone else arrived yet?”
“No sign of the Great Enemy, and the Solar Fleets haven’t made it yet. It’s a big galaxy.”
“Alrighty. Not much we can do from here, but keep me updated.”
“Can do.” They made as if to go, but you stopped them.
“You know I went into the Imperial Sanctum.”
Edourd replied. “Certainly.” The precog jumped in his seat before you spoke again.
“I saw the Throne.”
The others blinked in surprise, then the Dwarf chuckled. “I’m the only one left out, it seems. What was that like?”
The other three had haunted expressions, and you wondered if yours was similar. “Very… intense.”
“I imagine.”
“But…. I think I repaired it. Or started to.”
That got a reaction, all of them speaking at once. You held up your hand. “That’s why I got us this palace, I wanted to stay a few months and make sure the job got done right.”
Hesitantly, Knoxie spoke. “Lord-Sire… what does that mean? Will the God-Emperor walk again?”
“Maybe. Depends on if I’m as good as I think I am.”
Limosa chuckled. “Well. In that case I expect to see Him walking around in a few weeks.”

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 388,173

Knitting Circle 2

“Hey Athena. Nice face.”
“Likewise. How’d the meet with the Inquisitors go?”
“Well. They said you were showing them the sights.”
She smiled. “You know me. I like to show off.”
Hera looked at her narrowly. “She does.”
“But not like when you teleported us across the galaxy for fun.”
Hera looked indignant. “That was different.”
“Of course. Revered ancestor, did you get us the knitting kits?”
Ching Shih blinked at you. “That what we’re doing now?”
“Knitting? Yes.”
“Calling me revered ancestor. I half thought you were going to accident me at some point.”
“I made you a Saint.”
“Saints tend to be dead.”
“Ah, but you are a living Saint.”
“Not according to your death cult.”
“Well, it’s in the name. They can’t really be a life cult.”
“Uh huh. So, why did you bring us all here? You aren’t usually so social.”
“Well, as I’m sure Athena told you, we went and meant the God-Emperor.”
Ching Shih blinked. “Isn’t that … like a huge deal?”
“It is indeed! I was the first person to go there in about four thousand years.”
“Well. Congratulations. You must feel honored.”
“I do. In fact, it’s giving me a new look on life.”
She looked wary. “What does that mean?”
“A religious experience, you might say. To show my devotion and try to earn the Faith He has put in me.”
“How are you going to do that?”
“First, by knitting.”
“... Really.”
“Mm. Start knitting, all of you.”
They complied, although Hera looked the most bemused. Ching Shih glanced at you. “Where did you pick up this habit?”
“From a law enforcement officer I met.”
She blinked. “A cop who knits?”
“Knitted. Yup.”
“What happened to her?”
“I got her killed.”
“Ah. I’m sorry to hear that.”
“So, this is one of the ways I remember her. She taught me a lot.”
“This is the first time I’ve seen you open up like this.”
“Like I said. Religious experience.”
She sounded cautious, but pleased. “Well. It’s a good look on you.”

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What do you get when you cross Ohone with castor oil?

A religious movement.

If you get the joke, you're probably old like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

What do you get when you cross Ohone with castor oil?

A religious movement.

If you get the joke, you're probably old like me.

It gave me a chuckle :v:

Current: 388,518

Knitting Circle 3

“Ladies, Gentleman.”
They stood as you entered - Wolfgang, Katarina, Elenora, and Astri. Your aristocratic class, if anyone was. You waved them down, and joined them at their table.
“What’s the word?”
Colonel Astri spoke. “All quiet here. Nothing on the perimeter, it’s more of a milk run than Agatha’s World.”
“You mean just the beaches, I hope. Not the daemon incursion afterwards.”
“Yes. This is the most secure planet in the galaxy, after all.”
“Excellent. What else is new?”
Wolfgang sat back placidly. “The usual gatherings. Even with the Imperial Navy leaving, this is still the center of life. A billion aristocrats, governors, Rogue Traders, all come here to see the scenes.”
“Been enjoying that, I assume.”
“Of course. The night-life on Terra is legendary. I have a dozen invitations to the most important ones, if you feel inclined.”
“I’ll think about it. Last time I went to one I got hit in the head and forgot everything.”
“Hah. I need drinks for that.”
Katarina spoke. “The Church is also interested in meeting with you. They wanted to examine your Abrogation Cult for orthodoxy, and also examine the history of Fabiyan in regards to his faith. And potential for Living Saint.”
You met her gaze. “They will confirm both.”
“That is my hope as well.”
“I have knelt before the God-Emperor. He blessed the hat of the Saint.” Your tone brooked no dissent. “They will confirm both.”
Katarina looked startled for the first time you have ever seen her. “You went to the Throne?”
“I did.”
“If the Custodes can confirm that, then I expect the canonization will be expedited quite quickly.”
“I have no doubt.”