Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

The 'Lord-Sire' legitimizes the wedding, but if there isn't a new Lord-Sire, it has to be done by the old one.

Eg, at the funeral :D

40k romance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Quick send this to everyone on the list

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 25, 2015

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

Quick send this to everyone on the list

Goons, we have the opportunity to make this REALITY

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not saying we have to have our cake cut in the middle of the funeral we can have a private ceremony beforehand :v: or put the FUN back in FUNeral and run up to the casket and cut that cake mid ceremony!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The invitation is missing a corpse in powered armour, which as a tech-priest, we can probably rig into cutting the cake without any of this wirework nonsense.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Anticheese posted:

The invitation is missing a corpse in powered armour, which as a tech-priest, we can probably rig into cutting the cake without any of this wirework nonsense.

please do this so we can insist it is the Emperor's Will we be wed, as well as the Lord-Sire's, for even in death the cake was cut without wires at all

edit: let's make DeVries the Best Man!

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 25, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I just need to put it out there, but our wedding rings when exchanged need to be digiweapons, Lowell I need this like nothing else! :cry:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A Darker Porpoise posted:

I just need to put it out there, but our wedding rings when exchanged need to be digiweapons, Lowell I need this like nothing else! :cry:

krieger can fill all wedding roles too

and once again

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

If we do have a wedding, we should do it in a small quiet chapel. The groom's side can be nothing but rows of Kriegers sitting in the pews, and we can get a Krieger confetti thrower.

The confetti is actually chips of a chemical solid that changes colour to indicate NBC attack.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SerSpook posted:

krieger can fill all wedding roles too

and once again

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

such a dashing figure for a wedding!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Do the wedding tastefully if we must

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh hell get married then. But also gather all information first to make sure this isn't an absolutely insane idea.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I think we should get the warrant and then get married.

Also, you know, should probably figure out if Fabiyan is down for it?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

But no, seriously, how likely would people be to believe it to be the Will of the Emperor or something if we rigged the Lord-Sires power armor to kill Devries during the funeral/wedding and also cut the cake? Would they obviously believe it to be Tech-Priest shenanigans, or would only Tech-Priests really realize this is possible and obviously the important Tech-Priests that people listen to are all on our side, being a high ranking Tech-Priest in good standing last I checked.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

paragon1 posted:

I think we should get the warrant and then get married.

Also, you know, should probably figure out if Fabiyan is down for it?

He is confirmed down.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

He is confirmed down.

our legs are 100% organic :shepface:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sniper4625 posted:

He is confirmed down.

quote:

Time to make your excuses. “Fabiyan, I’ve got a dead heir and my ship is asking questions. Can I examine the murder scene?”
He nodded. “If you put on a Krieg suit. We have one in the trucks for you.”
You blinked. “You have a tailored NBC suit for me?”
Fabiyan didn’t meet your eyes. “The Kriegers like you. Well, want to die with you. I’ll show you how to put it on.”

quote:

You slipped them on. “What do you call these?”
“Rocket heels, five centimeter heels.”
“They are weird.”
“You have mechanical legs, you can do it.”
“I will have you know my legs are pure organic.”
“Fabiyan was wondering about that.”
“What?”
“Nothing. Here, try this.”

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Voting for elopement because gently caress YOU SPACE DAD

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am so confused. I swear I read every post. Some a couple of times to try to make sense.

Can someone briefly explain:

- how exactly did the Lord-Sire die? Did I miss the details somewhere during the day?

- why are we getting funeral married? I mean it has appeal and all, but I don't quite get it. Is it something that requires no reason other than that we can do it so let's do it? Or is it a defensive move so we have someone here while we are being tortured entertained by the inquisition?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Sogol posted:

I am so confused. I swear I read every post. Some a couple of times to try to make sense.

- how exactly did the Lord-Sire die? Did I miss the details somewhere during the day?

- why are we getting funeral married? I mean it has appeal and all, but I don't quite get it. Is it something that requires no reason other than that we can do it so let's do it? Or is it a defensive move so we have someone here while we are being tortured entertained by the inquisition?

so we can upgrade our sick art to this

(courtesy of sniper)

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sogol posted:

He had a plan, that our mother wanted to put into action. It looks like it killed him. He did risk a lot to say his final words to us.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

basically we need a fashion upgrade as far as hats go

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sogol posted:

You know as much as Ohone does. He talked to you, left, and a few weeks later you were told he had a funeral.

And, there are a couple reasons to do it now. With the Lord-Sire not being replaced yet, you can use his body to 'officiate' your wedding to someone. This is useful because it brings another capable heir into play (Fabian) who is loyal and will defend the Dynasty from Devries while you are having nice chats at the Conclave of Inquisitors.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

You know as much as Ohone does. He talked to you, left, and a few weeks later you were told he had a funeral.

And, there are a couple reasons to do it now. With the Lord-Sire not being replaced yet, you can use his body to 'officiate' your wedding to someone. This is useful because it brings another capable heir into play (Fabian) who is loyal and will defend the Dynasty from Devries while you are having nice chats at the Conclave of Inquisitors.

Why the hell don't we just have a civil war on the ship before we go down to the conclave?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Why the hell don't we just have a civil war on the ship before we go down to the conclave?

LowellDnD can we get this ready to go

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

VanSandman posted:

Inquisitorial pressure, mostly. They want to be able to call down witnesses and ask questions (they kidnapped a whole Hive tower) and not have that interrupted by a pretty familial matter.

quote:

Nothing you could do about it now. You called up Skade.
“Hey, you find him?”
“Yes boss. He was aboard ship, in the troop quarters.”
“What? Why is he there?”
“I dunno. The battalion of Kreig that you bought is there, sure, but he brought his own battalion with him.”
“On my way.”

You hustled your way to the troop decks, until recently filled with the Family mercenaries. Fabiyan was there, leaning on a wall and eating an apple. He almost smiled when he saw you.
“Ohone!”
“Fabiyan? What are you doing here?”
“Orders.”
You raised an eyebrow. “Your battalion was ordered aboard ship?”
“Everyone who was in the tower at the time of Limosa’s death.”
“All the troops.”
“Everyone. Nobles, merchants, everyone.”
Your heart skipped a beat. “...What? That doesn’t make any sense.”
Something was going on, you were sure of it.

Loel fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 25, 2015

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Sogol posted:

#1 We don't know the details yet. It was pretty obvious from our last chat with him that he knew it was coming, though.

#2 We are not going to have access to our power base while we are under arrest, leaving Devries to essentially run around unopposed. Making Fabyian a family member gives us some backup, and also should prevent Devries from becoming Lord-Sire by default if any shenanigans occur with us.

e;fb

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

also he is drat dreamy

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Please let's wait until AFTER the funeral to begin wedding kicks.

The planning would be hell anyways, when's the funeral? We got exactly that long to propose and set up the whole thing and everybody around us is going to be thinking "Obvious Political Ploy" the whole time. Announce an engagement at least if you must to signal that Fabian is a player in the game.

Also, I'm pretty sad the Lord-Sire died, he was pretty cool. But on the other hand...this is for the best.

Now we never have to look into his betrayed eyes as we backstab him to claim his seat.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Tomn posted:

The planning would be hell anyways, when's the funeral? We got exactly that long to propose and set up the whole thing and everybody around us is going to be thinking "Obvious Political Ploy" the whole time. Announce an engagement at least if you must to signal that Fabian is a player in the game.

Also, I'm pretty sad the Lord-Sire died, he was pretty cool. But on the other hand...this is for the best.

Now we never have to look into his betrayed eyes as we backstab him to claim his seat.

the lord-sire needs to cut the cake for it to be legal, and for that we need access to his body, which we have during the funeral or hopefully before it.

i don't know about after

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tomn posted:

You have one advantage: the 'dead lordsire proposal' hasn't been done in centuries, you only found it during the course of your research.

So, it'll be a surprise when you grab a dead man's arm and a cake :D

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

You have one advantage: the 'dead lordsire proposal' hasn't been done in centuries, you only found it during the course of your research.

So, it'll be a surprise when you grab a dead man's arm and a cake :D

Plus we can totally hack his armor (he'll be buried in that, right? Before he's exhumed and the armor is taken off him and then reburied?) and make it kill Devries.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
If we absolutely have to get married then at least we know that Fabiyan is a good choice. And if the position of Magos and Lord-Sire had to be separated, then we can safely become Magos knowing we have an ally as the leader of the ship.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

IN CHARACTER: This...may or may not be a good idea. We haven't thought it through but hell, who the gently caress will predict it? It's not the pre-emptive coup I wanted, but it's not bad vis a vis changing the board in our favor.

OUT OF CHARACTER: It will let LowellDND write something awesome and that's reason enough.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

One question, does Ohone have any clue where Devries has been building his power base? Between us and Limosa I thought we had the bulk of the factions in the ship behind one of us. What sort of groups would be likely to throw their lot in with a guy like him?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

While the Lord-Sire met us in secret, there is no doubt that there is some kind of record of the visit, even if one that could be hard to find. Someone seeing him or something.

When he visited us, he obviously told us to marry Fabiyan for the sake of the Family. Fabiyan is a Commissar of great talent, and an obvious person to add to our Family as a potential Heir now that Limosa is gone.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rahul posted:

One question, does Ohone have any clue where Devries has been building his power base? Between us and Limosa I thought we had the bulk of the factions in the ship behind one of us. What sort of groups would be likely to throw their lot in with a guy like him?

He's doing From Above, and trying to fill the vacuum that Limosa left. So, nobles, merchants, officers.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I just remembered something: 40k Commissars aren't allowed to marry.

Source: Ciaphas Cain books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I suppose he'll be discharged by the commissariat, but he still would have influance with the guard.