Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Switching to team MURDER THE CHAOS GODS AND TOPPLE THEIR THRONES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

paragon1 posted:

Proposal:

Heretek: Probably fine so long as it doesn't blow us up or cause widespread emotions that feed chaos. So you know NO CORPSE ENGINES

Warptek: It always seems to end with whoever uses it deciding it would be a great idea to start injecting demon semen straight into their eyeballs so Let's Just Not.

What say you, Team Loki?

Heretek: gently caress you buddy Corpse Engines are just Mechanicus policy on meatsourcing writ large :v: but yeah that was rather an extreme. Heretek is not necessarily bad, it is simply technology that does not fit Mechanicus doctrine. As long as research and implementation are handled properly, everything is fiiiine.

Warptek: I'm not taking a pro-semen stance here. My definition of warptek also includes technological advances which impede, counter or destroy the energies of the warp and decrease the permeability of the membrane between realspace and warpspace.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

paragon1 posted:

Killing Tzeentch and Slaanesh will make the Warp far less nonsensical.

As to Loki destroying the Imperium: Eh it was kinda poo poo mate. And going down the drain anyway.

Athena did warn us in no uncertain terms that this would happen.

sniper4625 posted:

You know Loki want's to end all that warp nonsense, right? That's like his #1 goal. I don't really get this teamup.

Ending the Warp isn't so much the issue; it's the part where it's the only thing known to 40K's science keeping the universe from being irreversible and committed to an entropic never-have-existed spiral. That... that seems like kind of a big deal.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

"[b posted:

The Alliance - 19[/b]"]

Humanity First (8), True Love (4), Amacita (4), Transhuman (3)

Team Humanity-First - 8 "Find the real deal Big-E, try to salvage what we can. Maybe stop trusting the AIs so much."

sniper4625
zybourne clock
devildragon777
hollylolly
Hihochiro
Z the IVth
Lord Tywin
Althair

Team True Love - 4 "Put our Family and Retinue first. No more unnecessary deaths."

cat_herder
deadmeat5150
BB Rod
LivesinGrey

Team Amacita - 4 Unifying Team Love and Team Humanity

Mepstein
RandomPaul
Toughy
AzureSkye

Team Transhumanism - 3 "We shall elevate humanity to reflect the perfection we know to be possible."

dog kisser
The_final_stand
Sir Unimaginative

"[b posted:

The Pact - 7[/b]"]

Loki (4), Murder (3)

Team Loki - 4 "Loki's done right by us so far."

Hexen
Waci
Not Alex
Ra RX

Team Murder the Chaos Gods and Topple Their Skull Thrones - 3 "Murder the Chaos Gods and Topple Their Skull Thrones"

paragon1
vansandman
grognan

Team WTF -3 "I don't know! I didn't read the updates for ages! Stop asking me questions!"

Tomn
outrail
thecog

Team Queen Ohone - 1 "We will drag humanity into a new golden age ourselves, kicking and screaming."

sullat

Team Dark Apotheosis -1 "We will become the God of this new world and cast down any and all who threaten us."

Arkanomen

Team Chaos - 1 "The Warp shall be our plaything and we shall reign supreme over all creation."

Viva Miriya

Team Q - 1 "You can't have fun without humans but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with humans."

Gwaihir

Team Devries -1 "13th dimension classgame play by clones and ran by a 14th dimension mastermind. All false clue leads to nuke."

Nyaa

Team Time Machine - 1 "Let's do it right this time."

Swedish Thaumocracy

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hexenritter posted:

Heretek: gently caress you buddy Corpse Engines are just Mechanicus policy on meatsourcing writ large :v: but yeah that was rather an extreme. Heretek is not necessarily bad, it is simply technology that does not fit Mechanicus doctrine. As long as research and implementation are handled properly, everything is fiiiine.

Warptek: I'm not taking a pro-semen stance here. My definition of warptek also includes technological advances which impede, counter or destroy the energies of the warp and decrease the permeability of the membrane between realspace and warpspace.

Call that sort of thing Anti-Warptek for clarity then and I think we have ourselves a deal!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I feel like the most consistent character wise for us would probably be Team Transhuman considering that is literally what we are, and consider to be cool and good.

Given the situation I don't think we'd really be too distrustful of the AIs in general, but would definitely want to give Loki the finger specifically, and warp bullshit in general.

e: I do think the whole 40k verse could still use a dose of quality Q though :colbert:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Join The Pact Team WTF. We're all about figuring things out. Mostly via process of elimination of everyone else.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

paragon1 posted:

Call that sort of thing Anti-Warptek for clarity then and I think we have ourselves a deal!

Anti-Warp, Counter-Warp, Superreality, Anti-Empyrean, :D

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Governor William Tamerlane. Location: Governor's Palace, Weiland System, Segmentum Pacificus

"My humble thanks for meeting with me on such short notice, Lord Governor." Count Lentulus said with a warm smile as he dipped low in a full, courtly bow.

"No need to thank me, Count. You have always been a staunch supporter of my policies and it is I who must thank you for that. Now, I was informed that you said the topic you wished to discuss was an urgent one. Come, let us step out onto the balcony, I find the air in here stifling after spending so much time in here of late." He gestured toward an arched doorway in one of the rear corners of the Throne Room, through which spilled the gentle orange glow of sunrise.

"Of course, Lord Governor." Lentulus' smile had not faltered for a moment, and his voice carried that hope which Tamerlane had been so craving. He strolled beside the Governor as the two retreated out into the crisp, early morning air as the first of Weiland's two suns began to peek over the horizon.

In the distance, Weiland I's light was outshone by four bright flashes across the Razorback Mountains. Governor Tamerlane blinked and rubbed his eyes, squinting in defence against the light. A few seconds later the sound reached them. Four almost simultaneous rumbling explosions.

"By the Throne Itself, what was that?!"

"A peace offering, Lord Governor. The outposts of the Inquisiton."

"I... see." The silence between them was deafening for another handful of seconds. "We both know of your, what shall we call them? Your associations. Count Lentulus, I believe our world may well have need of them now."

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I'm curious how an AI, let alone a tech singularity-style trickster mecha-god with inscrutable motivations, spontaneously generates.

The Warp is everything good (and bad) about sentient life, right? Wiping it out seems like a thing that a bad guy does. Stomping on the bad parts is cool. But now we (maybe) have a good god banging around in there.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
No ones asking the important question: who does chaos tithe blood to and where do they place their surplus of skulls now?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Have Blue posted:

No ones asking the important question: who does chaos tithe blood to and where do they place their surplus of skulls now?

Blood goes to Slaanesh for kinky depraved poo poo and skulls go to Nurgle to fertilize the garden.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Navis Faustus Agrippinus. Location: Navigator's Reclusium, Aegis Fidei, Weiland System, Segmentum Pacificus. Chron: Month 4, Year 1, Post-Iovanus Calendar

Fully one third of the members of Faustus' family and indeed the entirety of the Navis Nobilite were dead or dying in excruciating and nightmarish ways because of these changes they had been forced to adopt by both circumstance and decree of the Lord Governor. He had watched his father claw his own eyes out and impale his forehead on a carving knife after returning from one of the "realignment" chambers a gibbering wreck, and his younger brother had refused outright and been arrested for sedition. Not Faustus though. He had entered the crucible and emerged a much-changed, much harder man.

Here in the Reclusium, he was surrounded by his assistant Navigators and juniors, fellow survivors, fellow pioneers, each one bearing the stigmata of their new-found power. Human eyes sewn shut that the third might learn to perceive that much more sharply, skin scoured, tattooed and cut to bring the mind to a state of elevated consciousness.

"Now." He said quietly, his hissed whisper amplified by the voxcaster, and for the first time since the Light of the Astronomicon had gone down, the fleet glided silently into the swirling maelstrom of the Warp.

------

The ships of Weiland's Hold emerged into realspace above the green and grey surface amidst great tumult and the churning energies of the Warp before being left to hang there like great, cathedralesque ornaments as the exit point closed behind them. For the crew, they had been gone mere days. Below, it had been over a month.

"Weiland Control, this is the Aegis Fidei, we are home, and we were successful."

Within hours, hundreds of thousands of tons of stolen food, machines and a veritable bounty of enslaved Techpriests were making their way below.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Governor William Tamerlane. Location: Governor's Palace, Weiland System, Segmentum Pacificus. Chron: Month 5, Year 1, Post-Iovanus Calendar

Governor Tamerlane smiled across the table at Margrave Lentulus. "My friend, I have to admit that at first, I had my doubts. The reservations I bore however were all in vain. I have you and your associates to thank for the first steps on the road to normalcy for our world. When though, pray tell, do I get to meet and honour them for their hand in the salvation of my people?"

Margrave Lentulus leaned forward and smiled that toothy, confident smile and set his knife and fork down, his fingers lacing together beneath his russet-bearded chin. "My Lord Governor, I have asked them that same question. They tell me that they do not wish to accept laurels and plaudits prematurely. But soon."

The Governor waved away the server who attempted to refill his wine goblet and also the guard standing a few metres away. He waited until the room was otherwise empty, then spoke again. "I have received notice regarding the... noise... coming from the realignment chambers. Perhaps you should consider moving them deeper into the palace."

"Mmm, yes. I had been concerned about that myself. Might we use the catacombs? I think the aesthetics might well help matters."

As he and the Margrave continued to dine, Tamerlane struggled as he had the past months to swallow. He never showed it, instead he satisfied his moral appetite with the knowledge that he was doing what he had to, for the good of his people.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Boris Wiesenthal. Location: Caelum City, Weiland System, Segmentum Pacificus. Chron: Month 8, Year 1, Post-Iovanus Calendar

They were everywhere now, the servants of the Inquisition. After the explosions in the mountains they had taken some time to make their presence felt again but when they did, they were even less sympathetic to the populace.

He heard a scream from the marketplace. He sighed inwardly, he could almost certainly guess what was going on. He began to head in that direction. Part of him hated the rest for his curiosity, for his almost instinctive urge to see. He emerged from between the overhanging balconies and dark, barely-lit ginnels of the street he was on to find a large crowd jeering and throwing rotten produce. In the centre, a tall figure with the =][= brand upon his forehead and witchfire spitting from his eyes.

Boris' blood turned to ice and his curiosity became a combination of fear and terrible awe. He was just glad to be nobody, to be so far beneath the sight of the Inquisitor as to not exist. Two years ago he would have been terrified of the =][=, too terrified to even speak. But now, their daily purges and witchburnings as anti-Imperial propaganda were so regular as to be clockwork. Now it was just a matter of finding a way around the crowd to get where he was going.

The Inquisitor was holding a man aloft by the throat with one hand and electrocuting him every few seconds after declaring one of the crimes he had committed. Surrounding him, the city guard, now Acolytes of the Inquisition serving the will of these terrible new Inquisitors who threw lightning and summoned horrors from beyond.

"AND FURTHERMORE..." The Inquisitor paused a fraction of a second for effect "FURTHERMORE HE WAS HEARD DECLARING THAT HE WOULD RATHER ALL OF YOU DIE BY THE POISON HE WAS INTRODUCING INTO THE GRAIN STORES THAN SPEND ANOTHER DAY LIVING AS YOU DO NOW! WHAT SAY YOU ALL?"

Another violent purplish bolt of lightning, a deafening crack and sizzle, the energy forking over the man. The crowd cheered. "KILL HIM!" "BURN THE BASTARD!" "PUT HIM ON THE HORUS CRADLE!" They howled, hungry for his blood. They all remembered the famine. It had many names, even on this one world. The Dying Time, the Great Hunger, Apokalyps. They remembered, and they hated. Most importantly, they feared.

The Inquisitor threw the man to the ground, his steaming flesh still crackling with the occasional lick of purple lightning. His screams were a whisper in a hurricane as the crowd fell upon him.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Amacita's Theme

Chaos settles on Golgatha, that you left.
AI minds are troubled by the emptiness.
Isolate the battle, it's a waste of time.
From the perfect start to the finish line.

And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones.
'Cause most of us are heaving through metallic lungs.
Setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting names of the dead that went wrong
The dead that went wrong.

We are the reckless,
We are the wild youth
Chasing visions of our futures
One day we'll reveal the truth
That one will die before he gets there.
And if you're still bleeding, you're the lucky ones.
'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone.
We're setting fire to our insides for fun.
Collecting pieces from the bomb that wrecked our home,
It was a bomb that wrecked this...

And you caused it
And you caused it
And you caused it

Well I've lost it all, I'm just a silouhette,
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget,
My eyes are damp from the words you left,
Ringing in my head, when you broke my chest.

And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one,
'Cause most of us are bitter over someone.
Setting fire to our insides for fun,
To distract our hearts from ever missing them.
But I'm forever missing him.

And you caused it
And you caused it
And you caused it

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

paragon1 posted:

Proposal:

Heretek: Probably fine so long as it doesn't blow us up or cause widespread emotions that feed chaos. So you know NO CORPSE ENGINES

Warptek: It always seems to end with whoever uses it deciding it would be a great idea to start injecting demon semen straight into their eyeballs so Let's Just Not.

What say you, Team Loki?

Well I'm no founding member but that sounds dandy to me. Heck we can probably wrangle the Transhumanists into the Pact as well. Ascension above petty human viciousness via enhancing technology sounds like a great weapon against the gribblies in the warp. And if it's voluntary, so much the better for Loki. :smug:

And frankly isn't the humanity first faction going to come into conflict with the transhumanists about their end goal? The Pact is definitely a much more tech friendly place. Join us.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 18, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Governor William Tamerlane. Location: Governor's Palace, Weiland System, Segmentum Pacificus. Chron: Month 11, Year 1, Post-Iovanus Calendar

They have food, he thought. That is what is important. They are fed, they will live, their children and their children's children will live. Yes, he did the right thing. He paid a steep price but he paid it willingly.

------

"We are going to reinvoke the mandate of the Inquisition. These insurgencies are growing." He said resignedly to Duke Lentulus.

"That is an excellent idea Lord Governor. One must know when to use fear to rule, and I believe you are making the right choice." Lentulus smiled that knowing smile.

------

He had done his duty as Governor. He had served his people, put down a rebellion. He had brought them out of the Great Hunger.

The ground was approaching faster now. He had heard a Techpriest once call it "terminal velocity."

------

"But of course, Lord Governor. We both know it was the only way to move forward."

"I agree. It was the right thing to do." The Head of the Governor's Small Council nodded sagely. He had been a stronger ally through this than he ever had while the Imperium had reigned.

"However," Lentulus added "the time of transition has passed. We are ready for, no, we need new leadership."

A figure emerged onto the balcony. A giant of blue and gold.

"Thank you for your service." The voice was ethereal, it echoed in his head as a great gauntlet came to rest on his back.

------

Even now, he thought it was worth it.

He had fallen over two kilometres, and he was cold. So cold. The evening breeze below was a gale here in the mountains. Such beautiful light Weiland II shone down upon him in these, his final moments. He quailed briefly as he narrowly missed a jagged pinnacle, continuing to fall.

No, he had done the right thing. The God-Emperor would accept him.

He smiled and closed his eyes.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 18, 2016

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
See, this is where Ohone has an opportunity to build a power base. All these desperate hive worlds, what do we have to offer them in exchange for their support? Do we still have that damned STC? What miracles of agri-tech can we whip up? High-yield algae strains? Super efficient recycling system for super high calorie virdigris soy? Plump helmet farms for the under-hives? We need to be a new Athena, offering tech in exchange for loyalty.

I shoulda known it wasn't the real Athena when we had to teach her how to knit. That was a dead give-away.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Amacita's Theme

Chaos settles on Golgatha, that you left.
AI minds are troubled by the emptiness.
Isolate the battle, it's a waste of time.
From the perfect start to the finish line.

And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones.
'Cause most of us are heaving through metallic lungs.
Setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting names of the dead that went wrong
The dead that went wrong.

We are the reckless,
We are the wild youth
Chasing visions of our futures
One day we'll reveal the truth
That one will die before he gets there.
And if you're still bleeding, you're the lucky ones.
'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone.
We're setting fire to our insides for fun.
Collecting pieces from the bomb that wrecked our home,
It was a bomb that wrecked this...

And you caused it
And you caused it
And you caused it

Well I've lost it all, I'm just a silouhette,
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget,
My eyes are damp from the words you left,

And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one,
'Cause most of us are bitter over someone.
Setting fire to our insides for fun,
To distract our hearts from ever missing them.
But I'm forever missing him.

And you caused it
And you caused it
And you caused it

:allears:

sullat posted:

See, this is where Ohone has an opportunity to build a power base. All these desperate hive worlds, what do we have to offer them in exchange for their support? Do we still have that damned STC? What miracles of agri-tech can we whip up? High-yield algae strains? Super efficient recycling system for super high calorie virdigris soy? Plump helmet farms for the under-hives? We need to be a new Athena, offering tech in exchange for loyalty.

I shoulda known it wasn't the real Athena when we had to teach her how to knit. That was a dead give-away.

Or maybe she was being polite, when an adorable younger sibling wants to 'teach' you how to cook :3:

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 18, 2016

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Not Alex posted:

Well I'm no founding member but that sounds dandy to me. Heck we can probably wrangle the Transhumanists into the Pact as well. Ascension above petty human viciousness via enhancing technology sounds like a great weapon against the gribblies in the warp. And if it's voluntary, so much the better for Loki. :smug:

And frankly isn't the humanity first faction going to come into conflict with the transhumanists about their end goal? The Pact is definitely a much more tech friendly place. Join us.

The goal of THF is rebuilding humanity on its own feet, not ensuring some standard of genetic purity. The exact nature of that future humanity is yet TBD, but it's certainly not going to be a humanity subservient to the AI which destroyed human civilization, twice.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Remi Auswelt VI, Esq. Location: Kakunn, Hive Primus, Midspire 12 East, SubLevel 183. Chron: New Dawn, year 1, month 11, day 27

The buzzing and whispering had been gone for almost a year now and those odd dreams had faded with it. Now he dreamed of things like sunlight, of endless green fields, and of Sally from Sublevel 188. He knew she'd never look twice at him but he didn't mind. She was beautiful, her slender legs, her gleaming scalp.

Remi worked with his father, and his father's father, and they all seemed to be so much less tense and concerned with strange notions these days. They grew mushrooms, toadstools, Empress' Cap, Whitehat, Bowler and a dozen different types of mushroom and he knew all of their uses. His community was happy and more importantly, it fed a great many more, and for that they were well-protected, well-liked.

He reached up with his lower left arm, carefully plucking the Emperor's Caps by their base with his pincer and setting them in his basket. Maybe he'd take some to Sally.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 18, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

sniper4625 posted:

The goal of THF is rebuilding humanity on its own feet, not ensuring some standard of genetic purity. The exact nature of that future humanity is yet TBD, but it's certainly not going to be a humanity subservient to the AI which destroyed human civilization, twice.

Genetic purity? I'm talking standard of living. If you're empowered, educated and provided for maybe you don't shank a neighbor for a kilo of protein mash and in so doing create the minor warp demon of messy muggings.

Take it another step and start actually fiddling with human drives and imperatives with silicon and bio tech. Cut out more daemons.

Another iteration and the human race is rising up as a new generation of Minds, freed from the threat of negative warp entities to play amongst the stars.

Ohone is a child of struggle. She can't even envision the enlightenment required to cleanse the Immaterium. Realthena won't because of grudges and a highly questionable alliance with Anna. Loki can guide us to this glorious transhumanist future.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
We should hero-quest Demeter and Persephone while we're stuck in Hades. Maybe that will help give us the tools we need to help ameliorate the famine as best we can.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

We are due for both a heroquest and a wedding.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

We are due for both a heroquest and a wedding.

Sebekh marries Loki!thena, discovers truth, suffers gender identity crisis.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Demeter and Persephone has both! So too does Inanna and Dumuzi, that story might be more relevant to our situation, too.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So, we have Demeter, Persephone, Hades, a heroquest and a marriage.

What are we attempting to reenact? What can be changed? What are possible consequences?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

LowellDND posted:

So, we have Demeter, Persephone, Hades, a heroquest and a marriage.

What are we attempting to reenact? What can be changed? What are possible consequences?

Why a marriage?

Can we reenact the Horus Heresy and see what really happened, or is that not how this works?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Weddings are fun :v: We had Amacita's and ours, we're due :v:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So, how exactly do you plan on publishing this without getting hit by GWs copyright inquisitors? I'm unironically curious since wouldn't you have to rewrite the entire thing? I really don't think you can pull a 50 shades here and cntrl-f replace space marines with archangels or whatever.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

hollylolly posted:

Why a marriage?

Can we reenact the Horus Heresy and see what really happened, or is that not how this works?

Not usually how it works, no. Trying to complete a Heroquest of a legend you don't already know is hella dangerous, I think.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo. Equatorial Wastes, Gridref 11N 82603 -09027, Koreedan IIb. Chron: 14:33:52, 12/01/M01Y01 Novus Imperium Secundus

Blackfinger had never seen a Thunderhawk before, let alone ridden inside one. It was large enough that even surrounded by over a dozen giants in Terminator armour and a pair of tanks he could not identify he had plenty of space to keep out of their way. He closed his eyes as the dull roar of the craft vibrated through the very deck and hull plating into the webbing seat he was resting in. He pondered his predicament in silent meditation.

Blackfinger had been told he would be kept planetside for a while longer while the situation was clarified on the surface and "other critera were discussed", as the Chief Librarian, Marduk had put it. He had only been allowed back to the Eminent Domain to inform the crew of what was going on, during which time he locked the authorisation information he had received from Inquisitor Athena in the ship's vault along with his Letter of Marque.

They had "borrowed" his Techpriest, Omega-12 for a number of tasks, such as refreshing and reawakening the machine spirits of the facility and helping to coordinate logistics between their facility and the Eminent Domain. The Marines were an insular lot, and while they requested several items from the Eminent Domain including the reclamator machinery they somehow knew he had taken from a facility a hundred kilometres to the south, they had been far less unreasonable than he had assumed they would be.

"Captain." He heard through his commbead. It was one of the Marines, First Captain Dagon. Apparently the whole First Company thing was a big deal, essentially the greatest heroes and warriors of a Space Marine Chapter ended up promoted there. They had all the best equipment, the very best training, and each one of those massive armoured suits was worth a galaxy's ransom and was older even than the engines on his ship, which were themselves considered archaeotech no longer reproduceable by the Adeptus Mechanicus. He still marvelled every time he looked at one of the titanic suits.

"Yes, Captain?" Blackfinger replied as he rose, walking over to the one who had addressed him. The figure hit a button on the wall beside him and with a groan, shudder, then the roar of air and engines, the cargo ramp began to open.

"We will countenance your tithe. On one singular condition. We will take every boy child that you have aboard your ship under the age of four standard cycles. Your people will, over the next two and a half years breed us three more generations of offspring, of which we will take every male child."

Blackfinger got the feeling that it was a long way down. He looked out as the dead, ashen landscape rushed by at several hundred kilometres per hour and knew that there was only one answer he could give that would not result in his death and their exacting the harvest anyway.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 18, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Smash the ship into their base and touch off the reactors. Death is preferable to slavery.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Grognan posted:

Team paranoia was right but there was no way to avoid being played.

This is a few pages back, but a relevant point to bring up. The thing is... you guys were informed about the possible worst case scenario, and had time along the way to double check the things you were doing, and their consequences.

I know this because Lowell kind of asked me to rub it in just a little, that I Totally Called It All. So hey, there's that. Six months to course-correct and... nope. Haha, sucks to be us.

That being said. All is not lost. We got some good resources to use. In no special order:

Kozilek. He is the man when it comes to getting ahead of lovely events. We may not be his interrogator anymore, but he is still a resource. Perhaps one of THE most 'in the know' personalities in the event of emergencies. We should make contact before we lose astropathic communication capabilities. "Hey boss, what can we do to help each other out?"

The emperor. We already know the traitor horus was on the throne. Oh boy, big disaster. But this also means that, on the flipside, is probably out there. Odds are okay that he may have reincarnated already - so its on us to get his attention. If he's laying low, its going to be super hard to find him - so we need to make him come to us. The only person/primarch he ever cared about, above all others, was Sanguinius. So, I propose we spam a coded/broadband astropathic message out there, totally using his name in vain.(sanguinious' daughter, or some equally audacious rogue trader tier poo poo) If he's out there, and there's anything in the universe that will get Big E's attention, that's it. Since we want him to contact us, the shotgun approach is best. Its not like we can be any less visible a piece.

Relatedly, We must assume our husband is evil, and a Living Saint of the traitor Horus. If he keeps his powers after waking up, then he's probably made a pact to keep them. It sucks, and there's an off-chance that the faith of millions believe horus to be the emperor will transform him into less of a dick upon waking, but its not a bet we can take. Another reason to flag the real emperor's attention.

The pillar of the suln. Retrieving it from the remains of hera's body just became top priority - it should still be sealed and safe in her core. We have most of the pieces we need.

The food shortage problem. We have the ability to modify and weaponize ork spores. They grow fast, anywhere, and we have the methods to alter their species - instead of enhancing their contagious trends, reduce them, make em edible. Its not an ideal solution, but humans are great hunters and can eat plant matter just fine. As long as its trying not to kill them. In this context, orks are a crop that grows anywhere, raises itself, and progresses to harvesting itself if the farmers don't get to them first.
It is very radical and not ideal, but we have the means to deploy it far faster than, oh, whipping a few thousand agri-worlds out of our behind, and the astronomicon replacement needed to actually ship product out from those worlds.

Loki is probably in the necron family. Loki's cooperation with Trazyn is meta-level information that we don't know, so its off the table for this deduction.
However, as mentioned by real-athena recently Loki hates life to the point he'd kill all of it to win the war on minds. Teleporting the olympus from golgotha is an impressive feat as well. But the only race with mastery of realspace point to point teleportation, Astoundingly Giant Constructions, AND being known for despising and hating Life are Necrons.
Whether the Iron Men - Abominable Intelligences From The Age Of Strife - Skeleton Robots - Loki are all one or not remains to be seen.
This still gives us a rough estimate of what we'll be facing, and what's needed to counter it.
On a side note, the eldar and the orks won the first war on heaven, and their warp-trickery beat out technology on a galactic front. If we can confirm loki as necron, this is a path to victory we will want to explore.

Ganking fake-Athenas. If we see any of loki's puppets, we should have a plan in place to dismantle and recover shards. Anything resource he doesn't have is good. A means and method of cockblocking teleport evacuation and, possibly, We'll Be Back/Phase Outs is going to need to be found. The minds can probably assist.

We need a means of giving Rogal Dorn a lift off terra. He can't hold back the demon-hordes on terra forever, if horus hasn't killed him. A primarch's tool valuable an asset to waste when the table's just been flipped. Relatedly, we should consider glassing the imperial palace. I mean, yeah, there's demons loving everywhere - but they're coming from the portal behind the throne. It would take major heroics and sacrifice, but eliminating the demonic beachhead would go a long way at saving terra.

Relatedly, If galactic society is to survive, it needs an astronomicon replacement. There's a few possibilities with pros and cons. Disemminating a replacement FTL-alternative that doesn't need it, finding or building a replacement, stealing whatever the ultramarines are using, implimenting whatever system the eldar use that doesn't need it at all, or reclaiming the golden throne. This is a area where a Kozilek Contingency Plan might already be in place - if someone has charted warp-routes of loving everything, it would be him.

Mars has been quiet. Too Quiet. I find it highly suspicious they pulled open the vaults of moravec and then just totally went full quarantine. Either they're intending to survive what comes alone, part of the problem as some people have theorized, or there's another terrible event transpiring - Trashing mars a second time would just be right up Loki's alley. Needs to be looked into before we leave the system, as is a means of negotiating or blasting our way to the surface.

Keep an eye out for technologies which can cut through the stasis-fields on golgotha. Its a looter's paradise there if anyone can get in and out. This means that there's going to be other humans dumb enough to try, and just maybe smart enough to succeed, too.
Likely scenarios involve some means of countering it around a ship(an anti-stasis field, with appropriately huge power source), or a local override to the pylons, likely gained from beating up one of the hijacked athenas.

Also, I think I am going to go ahead and declare for Team Farseer. Because someone has to put the imperium back together, and that position goes to the person with the biggest hat in the room.(picture pending).

Did I miss anything?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

If Loki was Mag'Ladroth the Void Dragon (or any of the other C'Tan) reality would already be warping and breaking under the sheer weight of its existence.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

TheParadigm posted:

The food shortage problem. We have the ability to modify and weaponize ork spores. They grow fast, anywhere, and we have the methods to alter their species - instead of enhancing their contagious trends, reduce them, make em edible. Its not an ideal solution, but humans are great hunters and can eat plant matter just fine. As long as its trying not to kill them. In this context, orks are a crop that grows anywhere, raises itself, and progresses to harvesting itself if the farmers don't get to them first.
It is very radical and not ideal, but we have the means to deploy it far faster than, oh, whipping a few thousand agri-worlds out of our behind, and the astronomicon replacement needed to actually ship product out from those worlds.

The return of the Meatbeasts! From the Golgotha arc! :D

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheParadigm posted:

I know this because Lowell kind of asked me to rub it in just a little, that I Totally Called It All. So hey, there's that. Six months to course-correct and... nope. Haha, sucks to be us.

Well hot drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

Weddings are fun :v: We had Amacita's and ours, we're due :v:

who's getting married now?

I really hope he's not evil now. It would be like Lowell to mess with our hearts though.

We definitely need to have a sit down with him though. Poor guy's had a lot of trauma in a short amount of time. gently caress you, Loki, you heinous loving douche.