Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

C We have to go deeper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

Same.

You've got quite a treasure in that vat.

The Horadric stew!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D Also we should probably turn in or dissect our techheresy infested glowcat.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tran posted:

1) Yes Ohone is building a personality as someone bold and supremely ambitious. This is right up her alley, potentially big risk for greater influence with two of the big sources of power on ship.

2) D, sort of. Less asking Amacita, more kidnapping her as an act of kindness. If Ohone doesn't act, she will die badly. Either fighting in defense of the enemy or purged afterward to clear any remaining cult members. Capture her, lock her up, and interrogate her. Maybe we'll stumble across a method of undoing the indoctrination, or maybe it'll boil down to a mercy killing. Either way, it's far more kindness than she can expect on her current road.

This and The AI Binding Kit.

I'd also like to PURGE THE KITTY and get another one.
I'd rather not have someone spying on us through our cats eyes or having it steal things for someone while we aren't paying attention. Also we can just give it the same name and we totally wouldn't even notice the difference!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Yes and Engineer Lets do life situps and strengthen our core! :downsrim:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

+1 to the Forbidden Lore:Xenos(200), Diplomacy(100), and Medicae(100) plan.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Rally the tribes

Is it worth telling Lord-Sire that you think that the riots are cover for a chaos subversion of the food?

I'd think so, we can off Amacita and call up and say we caught her transporting the vial and after a quick test it matches the chemical structure of what changed the cat and that she told us as we interrogated her that they are planning to hit the main food processing area. Gets the Lord Sire informed and deflects the awkwardness of having the goop in the first place now that we kind of know it's chaos taint juice.

Rally them tribes!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

If playing RPGs for the last 15 years has taught me anything it's that you should always lie about everything! Telling the truth never goes right. :commissar:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B+ tech support prayer :v:.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D2 and Go for the eyes Flours go for the eyes!!! Demon probably wasn't even talking to us but was to our cat we already learned how easy they are to corrupt!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

GhostStalker posted:

I will say that Inquisitors do get some snazzy hats, almost on par of those worn by the Commissariat, but tech-priests only get robes with hoods...

Also digi-weapons! Climb the ranks and get a handful of digi-weapons! Nothing like having a couple inferno pistols strapped to your fingers!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tremynci posted:

I'm also fond of Matthew Ferrer's Enforcer trilogy -- Shira Calpurnia is about as close as Warhammer 40K gets to a common-or-garden cop.

God drat it! Something I get intrigued by and can't find anywhere :cry: why would you do this to me!?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

C I'm cool with the pilgrims holding it here, they should be capable of holding the position.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Ahoy Tias! Here's hoping Quint doesn't die in the past somehow and cause a time paradox, the EMPRAH would not approve!

Also B to the leader with us!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D When in doubt shout everyone into compliance!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:commissar: Let's do it up B then A style time to multiclass! :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

+1 to plan my dad!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Man I feel bad for that poor drugged out Commissar. :saddowns: You don't just keep the poor guys as pets.

C for now but I wanna shoot this dude in the face already and all his buds.

My bet's they're injecting him with kalma, poor dude :( maybe obscura if they're nasty. Or maybe just generic drugs and I'm looking to deep into it haha.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 29, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Chantilly Say posted:

This commissar is a failure and therefore a write-off. Under different circumstances, I might suggest helping him out and covering his rear end to earn a favor, but he seems pretty fried upstairs so we might not get that much from that arrangement. Certainly not worth going too far out of our way for him.

We'd be doing the commissariat a solid by turning over one of their embarrassing moments! :commissar: They'll go "Good job Ohone here is an honorary Cap and Bolter shoot this moron in the face"

e: More likely they'd just detox him and reassign him :v: a lot of work goes into making a commissar and they aren't sent into the field proper alone until they've proven themselves capable.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 29, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

A+B

They'll probably have eyes on us to see what we're capable of. Sticking to the shadows and making sure we aren't followed or traced would be a great idea.

Do a quick assessment of our surroundings and see if anyone is following us before we do anything overt. Once we're inside, identify the easiest access points for someone to follow us, station a servitor there to surprise and terminate with extreme prejudice.

Oh, and pick up a tracking device before we enter or leave, we'll want to trace the truck once we deliver the BONE (if we do deliver it, any chance we can grab canisters and fill it with fake poo poo? maybe reverse the compound so it decreases intelligence?)

+1!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

my dad posted:

A

<insert short, brutal explanation of just how hosed he is>

You may think being in a warzone you are immune to Imperial Law. Understand this: your general will cheerfully abandon you to keep on the good side of the Mechanicus. You work for me now.

e: It would be much smarter to go with B, but I think Ohone needs a maniacal laugh or two, it does wonders for getting rid of work-related stress

Yessssssssss.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D When the option to vent something into space pops up I always have to take it.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Pfffffft E send him out a slowly decompressing airlock.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Just throwing it out there, if he seems hesitant to answer a question make him press the button on a full processing of one of his crew. :v:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 31, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Ask him about any hidden caches he may have around. Doesn't hurt to pick up some extra scratch on the side :homebrew:, and if he knows about them maybe his clone friends do too and we can run across hints about them Though it'd be wise to approach them with servitors if they exist in case of booby traps or something.

Tomn asks A LOT of questions :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 31, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B The machine's all revved up and ready to go anyway.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Waci posted:

Oh yea lets kill the only lead we have for finding the original because clones are creepy.

Look at it this way, sure we stick a bomb on his spine all he has to do is go to his clone boss who is probably being surveyed by another clone boss and say a single word "Ohone" his head explodes and they know what to look into, which as we found out they are extremely proficient at doing.

At present our stupid sibling will probably get killed all the better for us or friend or something? I forget.

Waci posted:

What is it with this thread and letting all the bad guys go free.

This is also the warhammer universe everyone is the bad guys, unless you happen to be the Emperor.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 31, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Waci posted:

Or we process this clone, and let Devries Original carry on being a heretic. Just like we let Mother go and carry on being an abomination.

Exactly we're already a filthy heretic for letting a horror terror psyker beast go, we shouldn't change the status quo.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1B

Mechadendrite Use (Medicae) - 200XP I want a tentacle full of drugs we can inject folks with, it never hurts to have a dose of slaught laying around! :v: Needless to say multiple doses we can inject our fleshy servants with. Also just gonna throw out two more words to entice you. Chain Scalpel.
WP simple advance - 100XP
Scholastic lore: Mercantile - 100XP
Scholastic Lore Chymistry - 100XP

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 1, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Mechanicus Sectutor Gimme those megadentrites!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

That dag is getting outdated attach some new bits.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D+A 2 fate points

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D Steal a city! That'll keep them off our back for a while!

Outrail posted:

Don't tell him, but don't go out of the way to keep it a secret. Act as though it's just a business as usual thing.

Tell them just before it blows, "I'm having a hive delivered, where do you want it?" and offer the ludicrously oversized plunger to the sire to push. That way it's his fault when it all does bad.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Spend it all!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

VanSandman posted:

We should get a truly UNLIMITED warrant of trade, if we can. Nothing says "gently caress the Law, I answer only to the Emperor" like the ability to bring looted xenos technology straight to Mars.

Aha only answering to the Emperor the perfect idea! Next heist we kidnap the Emperor and sell him to the Xenos!

Also B->A

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

No mercy! A

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

LowellDND posted:

Optimally, having a new post in bold that says change vote from this to this makes my job easiest - otherwise I have to keep checking what people originally voted as.

Just gonna drop you the handy template we use in the Paradise lost thread :v:. It's always much faster than flipping back and forth a dozen times to count, tends to reduce user error too haha. Hopefully it'll come in handy for you!

Anyhow! B.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Also just going to throw this out here we just overtook a mini crime empire through Devries, let's start selling drugs to the people who really love drugs! The Imperial Guard, Lord-Sire would be so proud.

Do you want Lord-Sire to be on our back all the time about money? No? Me neither! Let's give him the super god drat good rifle that was the weapon of a founder of a Rogue Trader dynasty he will never bother us about money again, the thing is basically priceless!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

To Woodhouse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

I agree with Lanky Coconut Tree on this, Give the rifle to Tanya, personally I don't think it'd be of such great value to the Lord-Sire, since while it is of course super high quality, it's not something that would sell easily, so it just becomes an artifact lying around, without even the emotional attachment that the Filthy Lucre had to it, because it wasn't used by our founder.
Now, if our Lord-Sire had had a grudge against them it would be different, but we don't know anything about that, so I'd rather use it for our own benefit.

It's the personal weapon of the founder of a rogue trader dynasty, it's kind of a big deal and a great status symbol for lord sire to have. It's "The Gargant Slayer" it isn't just a fancy rifle, it's a piece of history that collectors would pay souls for if they could get their hands on it. Lowell's words in irc not mine :v:.

IRC posted:

[23:08] <LowellDND> collectors would pay souls for it
[23:08] <LowellDND> the original weapon of a founder of a trader dynasty?
[23:08] <LowellDND> "The Gargant Slayer"?
[23:08] <LowellDND> yeah

D Ohone has better things to do than deal with this chump. Have him directed to a "prearranged dueling site" and have someone put a las round through his face from long distance, just in case he's strapped with explosives.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 8, 2015