Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Tremendous Taste posted:

This hyperbole is really unbecoming merk
If he wants people to look at his case, he should ask nicely :sparkles:

merk posted:

I'm using loaded language to accentuate the fact that my amazing case has been ignored for four pages. I'd like people to read that case instead of making emotional pleas.
Somb's case isn't an emotional plea. He OUTLINES your ACTIONS in THIS THREAD. Those are all concrete, content-based things.

Rebranding FACTS as an emotional plea is twisting things to suit your needs. Scum do this. Not town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

His scumhunting today consists of piledriving a bad poster pretty much everyone has also called out.

He refuses to claim and that's actively untown. It's a bullshit power play and I want to call him out on it.

Putting it inside the content of "changing mafia culture" is so scummy holy poo poo. He is blatantly manipulating people and no one cares.

His response to my poo poo was so disingenuous that it was like something that is also very disingenuous.
This is a case.

You can make a case and still having ~feelings~ about it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This is merk devaluing Somb saying he hopes his arguments will stand as only emotion.

I just quoted Somb's recent summary of his previous argument (I am assuming, I haven't read the middle part of the thread Somb is referencing here.)

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
ok so, my CE point was p much finished so I might as well post it now. Also, I'm doing so before clicking merk's case~link so that I can post my fresh, less-biased opinion on this.

---

I just read (this) post by chaoslord.

I'm going to reexplain his point because I think I kinda like it.

chaoslord doesn't like that CE upgrades his joke vote on Rarity here:

Crazyeyes posted:

I am now ok with leaving what was, when made, a jokevote on Rarity on Rarity as a serious vote.

I see more apathy than scumminess in Ras right now. I have no idea how CCKeane is "pleaing for his life", though. At most he is being obstinate with his Winvirus vote refusal (which doesn't matter anyway cause he is in no danger of being lynched).
Based on this post vv

Rarity posted:

I agree with others that Ras is looking suspect at the moment. I'm also a bit put off by CCKeane, I don't like him using his recent D1 deaths to plea for survival. Conversely, I like Somber's effort and I feel like he's town.
Crazyeyes is casing Rarity using something he hasn't even looked back at to try and understand. This is scummy.

Rarity was referring to this post, which is from very early in the game vv

CCKeane posted:

Also if I can not be night killed on the first night I would really appreciate that.
After CE makes his vote against her, her and Keane explain this, and Crazyeyes effectively ignores this, and posts this:

Crazyeyes posted:

Still don't like rarity. I am not sure entirely how, but I am leaving my vote for the time being.
He ignores his mistake. This is also scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

Just let yuming remake your case and take credit for it so we can lynch CE
I felt like if I came to it independently it is a Real Scum Thing!

I'm going to look at the case next.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
To be fair, I also didn't know that's what I was doing when I first started writing that post.

The first case I was remaking was chaoslord's!

Hey I just got to this too~

Crazyeyes posted:

I didn't see Merk posting a question about my vote on rarity. Calm thyselves. I elaborated a bit in that very post about my vote for rarity. It was still quite early in D1 and I didn't like how rarity jumped on Keane for what I believe to be a very trivial and meaningless statement that I did not see the same way.

Early D1 doesn't exactly make for solid casing 99% of the time. The first day is almost always a gut-check.
Here Crazyeyes still doesn't seem to own up to his nonsense reason so... yea that is scummy too.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Crazyeyes posted:

Upon reading your post history I cannot find an example, so I rescind my accusation. Your posting is giving me a "tee hee, I'm so random!" feeling but I can't say I haven't gotten that same vibe outside of games as well so it's not telling.
HEY THIS IS P WEAK MAN.

I think the recant of this opinion is Real Bad.

I've got something else to do, then I'm gonna read where I left off in this thread, then decide ~my final opinion~

I'll be back in a bit.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

yuming is waiting until after I have to leave to actually read my CE case. This is troubling.
I did read it!

I like the thing I said the most-- the other things were like sprinkles, but the fake point re:Keane and how long it took him to address it was scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Rascyc, you were serious about two teams yea? Hmmmm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I like the idea because merk and CE are both scummy~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh the deadline is tonight!

I thought it was not yet set because I am not very observant :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tearshed posted:

CE is -1

Let's see if CE shows up to claim or even say anything. Early hammer sucks.
Yea don't hammer I wanna post, jerks.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

Heya guys. I think maybe we should lynch merk.
I feel the same way.

From a gut level, I have a much bigger problem with merk's play.

The reason being: I see merk spinning his content. He is twisting things around, and it's scummy.

Crazyeyes could've made a mistake, or could be scum. merk is the better vote here. I see more intention behind his actions. ~scummy intention~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

kilran posted:

See, where it started was Yuming going "CapitalistPig is ~~~~so~~~~~ town :sun: :sun:" on the basis of a handful of posts which are entirely useless joke posts / votes. Then Wins asks about ChaosLord...

And in the next breath he hasn't posted enough. That's incredibly inconsistent for her. I know she's got her theory of mind but how can you possibly read anything into CapitalistPig's thought process?

This post stinks to me. WV reads to me as someone making some jokes and then getting quickly exasperated. I really don't get how she reaches her conclusion and it strikes me as manufactured.

Part of the reason I think Yuming is scummy is she has this habit of ~~deciding~~ something is fact and then making the evidence fit. Like here. WinVirus was clearly making a lovely joke. That's obvious. And the fact that people thought it was some kind of stupid Scum Slip is where his tone gets exasperated.

Yuming states her entire argument is down to his tone. I just feels like she's spinning out facts.
I'm getting bad vibes from kilran here. The angle he's using ~feels~ really artificial.

Probably not super constructive to go into now, but wanted to keep you all in the loop.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

How many people are here right now? ce where the gently caress are you?
I haven't read what changed your mind about merk yet, could you summarize or point it out to me?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Taste! What about merk ;;;

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

I guess we should just kill everyone to be on the safe side
lol. Oh Opop.

We should lynch merk for spinning, spinning, spinning.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

Okay I feel like I explained pretty clearly since then that I was voting you for trying to shift discussion away from actual content onto mafia theory and taking my posts out of context in no way makes me feel any better about this discussion. Doing something actively untown like not claiming before you are lynched because of Mafia culture or whatever is actually an aside to why I think you are scum. The way you are selectively addressing/allowing content is scummy too.

merk posted:

You came up with that reasoning far after voting me.
This is a good example of spinning.

merk has pulled this line on me before iirc.

Vote merk!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I want to lynch merk.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rascyc posted:

yuming if you're going to do one of your 5 minutes until deadline vigs, please just do it now
I wasn't paying actual attention to that game :sparkles:

I went back to read and was like ffff why.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning dears!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Keane and merk are towns. kilran is the first player I'm going to look at today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

My thing with Yuming is she did that whole build up yesterday where she basically came to the conclusion in thread that CE was scummy but she never reevaluated her read on you based on that or voted CE
merk's tone annoyed me so much I didn't even care if he was right.

Logically, I could see the case for Crazyeyes, I described that case without merk's intervention. I was just being stubborn.

winvirus posted:

Sorrynotsorry

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also I called Keane town because the whole Keane/Rarity/fake vote from CE was a really salient piece of MY opinion on Crazyeyes.

I remember Keane calling CE out on on his mistake early, and that make Keane's role fit more as townie. I'm a bit fuzzy on series of votes though, so I'm going to look back now.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

I just want to say everyone who tricked me when I couldn't tell anyone apart is mean and probably scum.
I just want to say I found your case on Crazyeyes far more persuasive than anything merk did.

Good job catching a scum. You should feel good about yourself ~yay~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Town lynched scum together in spite of the merk distraction.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

I'm going to at least claim an assist since I made my case while merk was unvoted from CE :colbert:
Your point was the most persuasive one. It just needed to be explained more clearly.

Enjoy the rice crispy bars. :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Town does nothing alone.

Rascyc posted:

? nobody even read his case

his cubs ticket was more persuasive then his tiny font
That kinda was the turning point, wasn't it?

We should look at kilran.

kilran posted:

Thanks to my ridiculous commute being more ridiculous, I've been home for about 1 hour and I'm going to bed soon.

Suffice to say I am disappointed that no one has even bothered to re-read Rarity. I'm sensing that this is not going to happen d1. I have the instincts of a journalistic investigator. All I need is a lead.

I'm not voting merk. I think CE is a bad vote but its preferable to merk right now. CE posts weird and gets voted most games. Its an easy target and I don't like it. Similarly, merk has stuck his neck out, rubbed a few people the wrong way and if you're honest, that's the main reason you are voting him.

Yuming popped in, said a few things and when I called her out, she didn't even notice. I didn't even get a "rude" from her.

I'm saying it now: my vote on CE is a poo poo one and I feel forced into this. I'm not going to be around for deadline (FYI, I never am, I'm in the UK, so get used to it). If my vote is going to count, I'd rather have it count for the lesser of two evils.

##unvote

##vote Crazy Eyes
Someone called this "the hedgiest post ever" and it p much is.

I can imagine kilran's posting D1 as a failed attempt to draw attention away from CE, and this is the end result.

kilran posted:

Alright. In case people see some sense, I'll leave my vote for Rarity. At least I'm voting with conviction.

##unvote

##vote Rarity
It didn't work, so he fades away.

I could vote here. I want to read the whole thread in context first, however~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

yuming why are you stone ignoring sombre?
I haven't processed his play yet at all.

kilran was at the front of my mind from right after I saw flip, so I'm starting there.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

Yeah I don't think I want to vote CapPig, he was on CE very early.
idk, there is something off about CE and CP's interactions. I'm not sure about it but I wouldn't write it off.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Can we post?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

I think CPig is a good vote. His content yesterday jumping to and off of CrazyEyes multiple times looks scummy. He's also the only person CrazyEyes cased/voted, and the case/vote looks like something completely awful with trumped up language to sound legitimate. That is, it looks like it could be a bus/distance. With this stuff and winvirus' result (even with a Cop flip out there), I don't see why we wouldn't lynch CPig.
##vote Pig
I agree with this.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think winvirus and Pig are both scum.

##unvote; ##vote Pig

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Here let me explain.

I don't have time to make a ~big case~ atm but I will write what I'm thinking. It's kind of silly but it fits together when nothing else is clicking for me this game day. I was rereading D1 and had a tab queued up on both Meinberg and TT being scummy and then I got to day start and realized I forgot they both died. So that just left me with kilran and I was like eeeh that is a middle strength case so I was trying to imagine what else fits here, and that's when I imagined winvirus and CPig.

(1) I agree with (merk's case) on CPig.

yuming posted:

idk, there is something off about CE and CP's interactions. I'm not sure about it but I wouldn't write it off.
Here, last night, I saw the same thing. I hadn't fully formed the idea yet but I ~saw something~

kilran, consider this my response.

(2) I was suspicious of winvirus D1 for his tone. I also don't like his hammer.

winvirus posted:

HELLO

HAMMER

Imagine me, swinging a hammer into your face, forever.

##unvote
##vote crazyeyes

Finally, I hypothesize that he is claiming a result on CPig to try and propel himself further. CPig's reactions are plausible as scum being voted by a teammate.

Also, winvirus has done this before. In kilran's GoT game, he claimed a result on Pecota (his scum teammate) without any ~master plan~

winvirus posted:

##vote PoP

So why'd you visit little_whore last night

winvirus posted:

Did no one see my post? Am I invisible or something i tracked PoP to the freaking nightkill

winvirus posted:

Hi if you guys give me a chance to get back to the computer I can full claim thanks
I feel really strongly about winvirus' tone here. I feel like the same thing is happening here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was gonna link the game but forgot... zzzz

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The archive is down atm, but (here) is the game I was referencing re: winvirus.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

yuming, who is a better target today, Somber (merk is voting for him) or Cpig?
When I think about Somber, his play doesn't stand out to me as SO scummy. He was on the wrong side of the CE thing but he was conflicted for the same reason I was and I can't call that scummy!

So I'd rather CPig.

winvirus is my first choice, however.

##unvote; ##vote winvirus

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

*dumps bucket of pig's blood on you*
I was Carrie for Halloween last year :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi I have been busy but here I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm here too late to make a difference >:|

Is no one besides Somb suspicious of winvirus?

• Locked thread