Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I've used Fantasy Grounds before. Who's in the party right now?

Edit: Like classes and stuff, so I know what role I'm filling.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Depending on the Striker, then, I might go leader|striker hybrid. I have a warlord|rogue that I've always wanted to play.

Edit: Oof, I forgot that he had a dragonmark. I'll see what I can come up with.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 5, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Nuts, I was hoping to be the only one interested.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Which is cool, but I'd still like to know, like, what classes people picked. Just so making mine would be easier.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Herr Tog posted:

I'm so conflicted. You want half of a class I love and the other half of the class I hate.

Well, the class works best with Mark of Passage, and... well, is a Kobold, so may not mesh well with this game. Is there a channel or something I can talk to the DM?

edit: Actually, may just roll up a storm sorcerer instead. Yeah, I'll do that, rather than asking for a bunch of off-brand silly rules.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 5, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Drago Highhill (Storm Sorcerer)

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7204

Drago was born and raised on a traveling merchant caravan, the somewhat energetic apprentice to an increasingly frustrated Avandran priestess named Jasmine Greenblower, mainly because he was the youngest about and she was his aunt. But, to be honest, nothing seemed to stick with Drago, at least when it came to religion and such.

Still, the caravan doted on the boy, whose boisterousness seemed to peak during the loudest of storms and the setting of the biggest of bonfires. In fact, after several "accidents", Drago was outright banned from starting any campfires whatsoever. Not that he burned anything that wasn't technically supposed to be burned, but the fireworks would sometimes spook the locals.

Life changed for Drago after he was bitten. It was an odd sort of wakeup call: as he lay there, feverishly twisting as the disease swept through his body, he began to think, really think, about what he was going to be doing with his life. And, though his belief in Avandra was pure, he knew he was headed the wrong direction.

It was under his "Uncle" Odo that he began to tap into the arcane, and, surprise of surprises, he seemed to focus on the things that made the brightest flashes and the biggest noises. Although Odo tried to shield him from some of the study, Drago found that his puppy form let him into places even a Halfling couldn't quite squeeze into.

Odo ignored Drago's awkward attempts at skullduggery for some time, until he felt Drago was ready to go on his own. Then, after a wonderful party, the Caravan moved to have him "kicked out", and Drago could begin his life as an adventurer.

So Drago walked up to the pass, ready for trouble, looking for a new group to travel with.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 5, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Cool cool. I don't have the info for Camping the Stairs, so I'll need that eventually, but I do have mumble and have used it before. Does everyone else pretty much have their character in Fantasy Grounds, or are we kinda having a first-session character building moment?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm making a slight change to my character. He's a werewolf, not a wererat. I thought werewolf would change him to medium size, but it doesn't, so instead he'll be the tiniest werewolf~

If there could be, like, a summary of the intro, I'm fine with just getting started.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, admittedly, it's been a while since I've used fantasy grounds, but this character is a LOT less complex than the ones I've played in the past, so I think I'll be fine.

Edit: For the record, I'd be fine reflavoring as a werebadger.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 5, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Are dragonmark feats allowed?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Mark of Storm, which would allow me to slide 1 on a lot of my powers, use a couple rituals, and if I ever am able to fly to fly just a little bit more.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
For the record, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Invoker plays, because I've never even seen it played before. I'm more likely to play the controller in any group I'm in, and it's usually a wizard.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu1f3bq8fffbpty/Drago.dnd4e?dl=0

Drago's character, as of today. I don't think I'll be changing anything before Wednesday, but if I do I know how to change characters in fantasy grounds.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Herr Tog, we're all using Dropbox. It's a super easy file sharing thingy. Dropbox is a folder, you stick your file in the folder, you right click to get the link to that file, and you post it. You can arrange it just like any other folder on your computer, so organization is easy.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Sorry, which channel is our mumble channel?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Drago's customized skill: Delicate Shoe Repair (dex based)

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh yeah, you wanted a wish list, didn't you? I'll stick to heroic for now.

Lightning dagger, lancing superior implement (I switched from accurate. It may not be strictly OPTIMAL, but.... hey. Why not?)
Rhythm Blade, dagger, lancing superior implement (I want the lightning dagger more, but I like this one too)
Shimmering Robes

Acrobat Boots (feet)
Executioners Bracers (arms)
Antipathy Gloves (hands)

Rope of Slave Fighting (waist)
Siberys Shard of the Mage

AND ALL THE GOOFY WONDEROUS MAGIC ITEMS YOU CAN MANAGE

Alternative Rewards: I guess all of us could have Avandras Boon of Escape of Confidence
Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might (I'd love to have higher level ones for extra encounter abilities)
Melora's Storm Blessing
Lighter than Wind

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 11, 2015

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
What's focused expertise, anyway?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Can I just get, like, a normal expertise feat and improved defenses? Seems a lot simpler. Most expertise feats give +1/+2/+3 to a weapon/implement/weapliment already, with some side benefit, and improved defenses gives +1/+2/+3 to non-AC defenses. Then we could just set it and forget it.

Edit: plus, with War Wizard's expertise, I'd get -5 to hit allies, on top of the normal +1/+2/+3 to hit.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
So, wait, you're saying expertise feats, with +1/+2/+3 to attack bonus, and focused expertise, which also gives +1/+2/+3, are supposed to stack? That doesn't sound right.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
It's really easy to level up in Fantasy Grounds. You set your level to 2, everything updates, you add a feat, you add a power. Oh, and any inherent bonuses. If he gave us access to the books we're doing, I could level all y'alls up in like 30 seconds each.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Please, no one dies in 4e :smug:

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Level +3 encounters are easy peasy, guys, calm down.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Are there other days that might work for you, or are you out-out?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Obviously we should play every day until you leave so we burn out and require a break anyway.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
We could last-minute reschedule? We never really got down to what we'd do if someone couldn't make it.

Edit: Word is, one person gone is ok, more than one is a reschedule/cancellation

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 16, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Saturday, 12:30 Pacific. Let's do it.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I can~

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey, my birthday is tomorrow, I get an extra feat right? I'll take Fury of the Storm if you don't mind.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
If you want to, you can give the goblin the equivalent of a 15 minute dominate in archery, just to keep things balanced. Maybe he aims for 3 rounds then just up and kills two guys.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, with inherent bonuses, we don't collect equipment, so we collect people.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Ok, I don't know what that is, but I'm in. Please explain this system.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
You wouldn't have to worry about making up new henchmen if you gave me, like, just 10 more dailies/day

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Full stats on our goblin friend pls

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

kaynorr posted:

the adventure explicitly says Don't Let Anyone Play Haddin, for GMs who have never run games with mind control before

"because you certainly don't want the agency of (n)PCs violated by an encounter power constantly, that would be annoying."

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Let's play 5 times a week READY GO

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
For the record, the other game I played, they just completely put up with Haddin's bullshit.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
They took his side when he dominated my character for daring to suggest something completely not insane which I don't want to spoil.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Man, I'm glad the game was cancelled, because I completely forgot about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Speaking of being late, I'm probably not going to make it to this upcoming Wednesday's game. Which is fine, I've seen this before. If anyone needs to take care of Drago: Sorcerers are easy. Everything's set up to do lightning damage. Explosive Pyre is long range, and does damage around the enemy hit, and Flame Spiral is close range, and sets damage up so enemies who get next to you take damage. Lightning Strike is at-will, and does a little damage to a second target, while blazing starfall is an (unfriendly) area attack for when you needs to hit multiple people.

• Locked thread