Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Steam page posted:

Congratulations! You’ve been accepted as the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented birds! Roam the halls and find love in between classes as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest pigeon high school. Finding happiness won’t be easy, but it’s not all academic - there’s always time for a little romance in this delightful remake of Hato Moa’s popular visual novel / avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend!

Please Note: No birds were hurt in the making of Hatoful Boyfriend. In fact, many found love.

This game comes out on August 21st. It's like :10bux:. You should buy it.

Wait, really?

Yeah, really, it's good and stuff.

Who is the best pigeon to date?

Trick question: Kazuaki is actually the best and he's a quail.

Are the other ones good?

Yes. Date all birds.

What does the thread title mean?

There was a bit character named Azami in the original and "Carve it into your soul, kid!" was her catchphrase (she was like a gangster or something.) She is now dateable.

I can only get into a game if there's an emoticon about it I can bring up in inappropriate situations, does Hatoful Boyfriend deliver?

:birddrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Okay, so I was wrong and it actually came out today. Who cares! It's bird time!! Date cool bird's!!!

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

~crickets~

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6odKSn1TU

Thuneral
Jul 25, 2004
High Listener For Music Awful

I've heard that pigeons can carry lice and disease. Have these pidgeons been checked for certain... transmitted diseases?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

gonna date the poo poo out of some birds

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
where are you sposed to put... you know... it?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

gonna find me a nice guinea hen and settle down, lay some egg

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hmm, love me some hot cloaca action.

Vaginal, anal and urethral at the same time, a dream come true.

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
i feel like bird law has some sort of statutory clause that is applicable here

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Squirrel007 posted:

i feel like bird law has some sort of statutory clause that is applicable here

hmm

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a :psyduck: for you...

Just imagine what the world would be like if humans had the same degree of phenotypic variance that pidgeons have? That would be some crazy poo poo I tell you what.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh this thread isn't in archives? Huh. Neat. Game's half off until Wednesday, I think any and all cool people in this thread should take advantage of that

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Also this has to be the greatest thread necro of all time. THE BEST OF ALL TIME~

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Siets posted:

Also this has to be the greatest thread necro of all time. THE BEST OF ALL TIME~

I'm probably biased but I'm with you on that one

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFB0ozhcUU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

in my opinion, dating birds, is FOWL!

:iceburn:

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
Lookin' for some birds that are DTF (Down To Flock)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I am sorry to disappoint you all, but there is NO SEX in Hatoful Boyfriend.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Twilight Matrix posted:

gonna date the poo poo out of some birds

I'm going to gently caress the birds :twisted:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

little munchkin posted:

I'm going to gently caress the birds :twisted:

alcharagia posted:

there is NO SEX in Hatoful Boyfriend.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Squirrel007 posted:

where are you sposed to put... you know... it?

You play as a girl so that's their problem.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

alcharagia posted:

I am sorry to disappoint you all, but there is NO SEX in Hatoful Boyfriend.

what's the point then idgi :confused:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

chaos rhames posted:

You play as a girl so that's their problem.

I always play as a girl when I have a choice, so I can at least look at a nice pixel rear end while i play, and also so I can get hosed by birds

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I always play as a girl when I have a choice, so I can at least look at a nice pixel rear end while i play, and also so I can get hosed by birds

You are also a caveman.

stringstheory
Mar 3, 2005

if you wish to roll a joint from scratch you must first invent the universe:420:
wow this is......strangely dark, I love it. do we ever get a good picture of how this pigeon-dominant society came to rise?

definitely worth the half-off price tag.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

stringstheory posted:

wow this is......strangely dark, I love it. do we ever get a good picture of how this pigeon-dominant society came to rise?

yeah, actually. Also I'm glad you're enjoying it! At least one person bought this game, my work here is complete

stringstheory
Mar 3, 2005

if you wish to roll a joint from scratch you must first invent the universe:420:
tight. I'm about halfway through, just getting to Shuu and Yuuya storyline options. digging the music too.

edit: M-my left arm..!? :stonklol:

stringstheory fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 8, 2014

stringstheory
Mar 3, 2005

just finished the game today, definitely not what I was expecting. Glad I took advantage of it being half off, thanks for sharing.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

stringstheory posted:

definitely worth the half-off price tag.

man you have no loving idea chum.

play it all.

this game still haunts me for the directions

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Just remember to always fulfill your promises.

stringstheory
Mar 3, 2005

Pladdicus posted:

man you have no loving idea chum.

play it all.

this game still haunts me for the directions

truly didn't have a clue. I still don't know how to describe this to other people except :birddrugs:

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

stringstheory posted:

truly didn't have a clue. I still don't know how to describe this to other people except :birddrugs:

It starts as one kind of insane and ends as a completely different kind of insane.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

sethsez posted:

It starts as one kind of insane and ends as a completely different kind of insane.

That's a good way of putting it.

I got it in GOG's big flash sale thingy the other day and did one playthrough (ended with Nageki.) The moments when you first get to spend a day at home and the other one where you go to/past the city made me laugh out loud.

I love how it rewards familiarity with dating sim and anime/high school tropes but cuts out all the bullshit and fills that empty space with pigeons.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Discount Viscount posted:

I got it in GOG's big flash sale thingy the other day and did one playthrough (ended with Nageki.)

I don't want to do the vague insinuation of crazy to come spoiler-tease thing too hard, but trust me, Hatoful Boyfriend is playing the long con. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 10, 2014

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Opposing Farce posted:

I don't want to do the vague insinuation of crazy to come spoiler-tease thing too hard, but trust me, Hatoful Boyfriend is playing the long con. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh, no doubt. Can't wait to see The Watchers in the flesh and engage in a heated rhythm battle to save the universe from becoming pudding.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Also got it in the GOG sale and payed through Ryoutaro, that noble-bird in class, Nageki and Shuu (:stonklol:).

I haven't played this type of game before, but I basically have to play through every potential birdfriend while hitting fast-forward, and hoping to be able to pause quickly enough to skip any new text, right? There's no way to see past dialog?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Grim Up North posted:

Also got it in the GOG sale and payed through Ryoutaro, that noble-bird in class, Nageki and Shuu (:stonklol:).

I haven't played this type of game before, but I basically have to play through every potential birdfriend while hitting fast-forward, and hoping to be able to pause quickly enough to skip any new text, right? There's no way to see past dialog?
Yeah, you want to restart the game after you're done with an ending and go down a different route. Both because it's the way to play these kinds of games, and because it's very much the way to play this specific game For Reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
This game is available in the latest Weekly Humble Bundle, but that's not all...

• Locked thread