Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Just in time for this thread, I was notified by Apple that our big Bungle! v1.2 Music & Science content update is live! Click that link to see the changes but we've added eight new jobs, a new jobs tracker menu, and fixed a few small bugs.

If you like fun games and want to help support goon devs (ie: me) please check it out!

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

duckfarts posted:

Link is broken, FYI.

Yeah it would help if I added the .com :downs:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Bungle's big content update put us in with some interesting company.

:v:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Swing Copters updated, it's piss easy now.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 25, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Also the floor moves up with you or...something. It's really strange.

Also I don't understand why he implemented Game Center but then didn't use it for achievements or leaderboards. Leaderboards especially take like five minutes to set up.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

ZerodotJander posted:

Whoah yeah I loved Raptor back in the day. The reviews claim the controls suck and the game has never been updated since original release so I'm wary though, is it playable?

I can't imagine it controls well. And landscape? Ugh.

Doc Block posted:

It's called Rocket Rover and you play a dog with a jetpack. It's like Flappy Bird with guns, and a dog instead of a bird, and a jetpack instead of flapping. And there are robot cannons that try to shoot you down.

Download link if you're interested. It's free, with no freemium/free-to-play BS, no interstitial ads, just a banner ad at the top.

Needs unlockable barking sounds.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Desert Golfing is iOS GOTY.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Bottom Liner posted:

The reviews for A Dark Room are all spam bot bullshit. Apple needs to fix the app store and it's review system.

:aslol: if you think Apple gives a poo poo.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Three Rings, the guys behind Puzzle Pirates, was acquired by SEGA and their first game for them is Peggle Jungle Blast Super Monkey Ball Bounce! http://bit.ly/SMBBytAen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43yiNuYECY

If the idea of Peggle with Super Monkey Ball characters appeals to you you'll probably dig it. It's pretty drat solid from what I can tell after a couple of levels.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

e: :getin: even harder

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 6, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

SynthOrange posted:

Son of a gently caress.

How many 10 snipes in a row was that?

I'm not sure, a bunch and I'm having a hard time repeating it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

SynthOrange posted:

Son of a gently caress.

How many 10 snipes in a row was that?

New high score, still without getting that 20 in a row achievement. This is probably 18 or 19 plus anything I did after.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

SynthOrange posted:

You're a monster!

I wonder how to get that 30 point average achievement. Is it even possible?

Yeah you have to get something like 25 longshots in a row and then probably die immediately. I got 20 in a row and did something stupid and ended with a 29 average.

What's it take for the achievement for getting the moon really, really mad? Just shooting it a fuckload? Not going for score I had 5 of those angry red things out and it looked pretty pissed but I still didn't get it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

SynthOrange posted:

No clue either. I'll have to do some experiments. Does shooting it fast make it angrier than waiting it out? More points angrier than less points, or the otherway around? Or completely irrelevant? :iiam:

Time for moon science!

I did it! So in order to unlock that achievement you have to hit the moon about 45 or 50 times and play kinda the opposite of how you would to get a good score. You'll know when you've done it because the moon gets so angry that it loving explodes and you actually get to a "YOU WIN!" state.

Poor moon. :saddowns:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
There actually is a version of Retro City Rampage that will run on an NES. Brian Provinciano was sort of insane about it being as authentic as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvx4xXhZMrU

There's a reason this game was made over the course of like 12 years.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I'm the best moon shooter there's ever been.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

xian posted:

Fotonica & Kapsula = GET
Hyper Trip = Could be good maybe in the future if a patch zooms it out and fixes some really dodgy controls.

Edit for clarity.

Kapsula is pretty neat but man I wish they'd tone down the constant up and down motion of the tracks or save them for later to make it harder. Since the colors are mostly on the tops of the vehicles it makes hill climbs nearly impossible to judge what the hell is going on.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

xian posted:

Kapsula: Vaguely soviet stock car racing with a twist. If you run your car against another, they stick together, and you have to swerve for two slots, not one. The cars you can stick to have colors. If you hit one of the same color, they vanish and you're back to just you. You can have multiple colors together at once (so you're taking up four of the seven lanes with a red,blue,grey(you),yellow block and have to match each, or one at a time. If you're connected to a yellow, and you hit a yellow with that yellow, everything connected to that yellow will fall away with it. This is very cool mechanic and I can't wait to get good at it. Time taken to recommend: 30 seconds.

I'm currently #4 in Best Multiplier and #2 on Max Distance. Come at me bro :smug:, Game Center is Yodzilla.

e: now I'm first place on both :getin:

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 13, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

teacup posted:

How is this? Good port?

Even a bad port would be in the spirit of the game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haha uhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejZmRyraq2g

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Pulling it without a heads up is pretty lovely. If anything it's indicative of how Disney will probably treat the Star Wars IP and maybe the company's gaming assets for the future ie poorly.

See also: Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned from Propaganda Games and Split/Second and Pure from Black Rock. Disney has a history of abruptly canceling games and closing studios even if things seemed to be fairly well received or successful. That's just what they do (sadly).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah, uh, sure.

I can't believe it's taken this long for Loli Panty Butt Witches to get an iOS port.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

terre packet posted:

Has there been any indication of iOS Minecraft receiving MFi controller support?

Have there been any reports released on about how many of those things are even used? I've never seen one in the wild and the buzz about controller support in iOS seemed to fall off a drat cliff as soon as the first wave of products were released.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

xzzy posted:

And how do you expect users to use controllers if no software supports them? It's a stupid chicken and egg problem and it's definitely not the fault of end users. No one buys controllers because no games make them usable, no games implement controllers because no one owns them. Even the ones that do implement controllers tend to do a lovely job of of it (iCade support was always kind of crappy).

Basically if developers aren't going to address it on their own, Apple is going to have to enforce it or iOS controllers will never go anywhere.

I'd love to support it as soon as I make a game where it makes sense. Bungle! certainly can't use it and Drive to Hell theoretically could but it's a vertical scrolling game instead of horizontal so that's out.

I can't imagine supporting the controllers is any harder than doing controller support on the PC...which is honestly a giant pain in the rear end but once you do it the first time it gets easier.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

tuyop posted:

Either find the restore purchases button or buy the thing again. A message will pop up saying you've already paid for it and then it'll be unlocked.

Note that this only works for non-consumable items. If you bought currency or something in a game it's toast but one-off permanent purchases are restorable.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
If my experience is anything to go by almost nobody buys out of ads. I know devs with users that have payed literally thousands of rounds of their game over 3+ years (it's a dominoes app) and not bought out of ads for a few dollars. It's absolutely astounding.

e: i'll still gladly offer it though. letting people buy no ads is a fairly minimal effort to make

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

RedRupee posted:

Are these popup ads or those video ads, though? Like I could probably see myself bearing with popup ads if the game was just an arcadey dumb thing but the Golfinity ads are videos (15 seconds, 5 if you skip, then a popup) which honestly just made me delete the app after 3 holes. Like seriously I get that devs want to make money and I want them to be able to but gently caress you* if you think the way to do that is to frustrate your customer with no out.

*the royal "you" not actually you, Yod.

Popups and banners. I haven't dealt with videos at all.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Crossy Road is pretty great.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I need more Crossy Road bros, Game Center: Yodzilla

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Aww you can "unlock" the same character twice in Crossy Road.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Daveski posted:

Definitely my current favorite time waster. Just got a ghost, who makes the level dark, turns trees into gravestones, and there are dudes with lanterns wandering around who shake when you get near.

Edit: next one was Frankenstein, his level is in black and white with an old "film" effect (scratches and noise). There are lightning flashes, too. Even though it's basically just endless Frogger, I'm impressed with how well presented this game is.

You should hope to unlock Dark Lord. You get a rad fire effect and burnt trees spout lava.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Exciting news! We've partnered with The SuperMighty to make Bungle! a Mighty Game! Through December you can disable ads for a good cause. If you're curious, download the game and click on the red ribbon for more information!

If you've enjoyed Bungle! in the past please tell your friends! The guys at SuperMighty are good dudes genuinely trying to do something cool and it's been great working with them so far. Have a good Thanksgiving! :munch:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

bad day posted:

Ugh I redownload GTA San Andreas, logged into my cloud save, and suddenly remembered why I stopped playing - that goddamn RC plane is so hard to control! I must've replayed this mission twenty times already.. Wishing I could just pay $1 and skip it..

That poo poo was impossible with a controller, I can't imagine how bad it is with touch controls.

ShoogaSlim posted:

e: Playing in landscape is almost like enabling God Mode. You get to see traffic and logs on the sides making it much easier. Although I think the time you get to stand around is cut down by a bit.

This is an option?? :psyduck:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
VVVVVV is currently free at Starbucks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
New App Store guidelines: dongs mandatory in every game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
VVVVV is absolutely infuriating on a touchscreen.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

NTT posted:

That's what I was afraid of.

Yeah but at least the controls were spot on.

I don't fault him too much. I can't imagine it working any better than it does but...it's a touchscreen.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Come at me Crossy bros.

:getin: Yodzilla

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Dang son. What are the speeds like above 800?

And yeah for those who haven't experienced Terraria, the game is obtuse as hell and doesn't play all that great. The draw is the huge procedural worlds to explore and doing so with buddies. If you approach it expecting a good Metroidvania you're going to be massively disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I just realized you can't send messages to friends in Game Center. That's real dumb.