Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
the verdict
guilty of no trigger warnings
guilty of cucking the poverty ghost
if the glove dont fit you must acquit
View Results

• Locked thread
Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Fisticuffs posted:

That's part of getting the largest settlement or judgment she can, though. She can't sue and spend all the time leading up to the trial giving interviews about how it wasn't a big deal and was only a technicality. That would be dumb. :qq: is going to turn into $$$. It's work.
Also considering how many awful people there are in the world, I have little doubt that she is getting legitimately e-harassed over the whole thing, because there is nothing more shameful and/or more desired than being a naked woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well they're going to offer her a settlement that is less than the cost of going to court over it, regardless of what numbers she claims at the start.

Quarex posted:

Also considering how many awful people there are in the world, I have little doubt that she is getting legitimately e-harassed over the whole thing, because there is nothing more shameful and/or more desired than being a naked woman.

That's true, but unfortunately I'm not sure if a court will agree that is VH1's fault or responsibility.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Well they're going to offer her a settlement that is less than the cost of going to court over it, regardless of what numbers she claims at the start.

That's true, but unfortunately I'm not sure if a court will agree that is VH1's fault or responsibility.

If you agree to do a dumb novelty tv show and they promise not to show your vagina on national tv and they show your vagina on national tv that is their fault

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

If you agree to do a dumb novelty tv show and they promise not to show your vagina on national tv and they show your vagina on national tv that is their fault

right, but is the harassment from creeps online the TV show's fault? that's what I meant

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

right, but is the harassment from creeps online the TV show's fault? that's what I meant

of course it is. If I punch someone out in the street and someone goes through their pockets that is my fault

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

mookface posted:

of course it is. If I punch someone out in the street and someone goes through their pockets that is my fault

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

well but, it isn't though. you committed assault and battery and the other person committed robbery and there are two separate crimes happening.

if you worked or colluded together you could be accessories to each other's crimes or be indicted for both crimes but something like that becomes very tenuous when you're talking about VH1's responsibility for psychos on the internet.

anyway the way you phrased that means you could potentially be legally defending yourself, knock the dude out, leave, and then someone else robs them. not your fault.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 24, 2014

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

well but, it isn't though. you committed assault and battery and the other person committed robbery and there are two separate crimes happening.

if you worked or colluded together you could be accessories to each other's crimes but something like that becomes very tenuous when you're talking about VH1's responsibility for psychos on the internet.

anyway the way you phrased that means you could potentially be legally defending yourself, knock the dude out, leave, and then someone else robs them. not your fault.

The example works best if its a total stranger minding their own business and I just lay them out. I may not be criminally responsible for them being robbed but I mean realistically it is my fault. Thats what they said in court anyways and the assault charge was stayed and I didn't even get charged for robbery

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

The example works best if its a total stranger minding their own business and I just lay them out. I may not be criminally responsible for them being robbed but I mean realistically it is my fault. Thats what they said in court anyways and the assault charge was stayed and I didn't even get charged for robbery

Well yeah, if you didn't knock them out they wouldn't have been robbed, but legally you can't be held responsible for the fact that an unrelated third party decided to opportunistically commit a separate crime.

Like, if I break into a house and gently caress up the locks and then leave and someone else later robs that house because it was the only unlocked one on the street (or whatever), the robbery isn't legally my fault.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Well yeah, if you didn't knock them out they wouldn't have been robbed, but legally you can't be held responsible

Yeah I know its a beautiful thing

Its just that a civil suit is totally different

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

Its just that a civil suit is totally different

That's true. Again just kind of depends on the judge.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

mookface posted:

ugh i told u i was sorry for lookin thru that dudes wallet but u KEEP bringin it up

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ilikedirt posted:

ugh i told u i was sorry for lookin thru that dudes wallet but u KEEP bringin it up

Sorry man its cool we moving forward and poo poo

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Fetus Tree posted:

idk we can see straight up her trench and into her exhaust port id say thats a p serious gently caress up

Voted five with this right here

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

my dick looks like a spotted leopard because of frying eggs

no thats the herp

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
How many naked shows are there? I thought I saw one where there were naked people running around in the woods and poo poo. Is there a naked Price is Right?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Idk I just want to see tits on TV already cause gently caress the squares and their puritanical bullshit

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

BasicFunk posted:

Is there a naked Price is Right?

the girls next door

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Fetus Tree posted:

idk we can see straight up her trench and into her exhaust port id say thats a p serious gently caress up

Do you mean if you pop out of the trench and torpedo the port she explodes?

Or have many men been up there, but none of them could beat a big black man?

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011
imo id like to stick my penis in her vagina and then ejaculate on her tits.

thats my story

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
She has guaranteed that googling her will only result in nude pics for the rest of her life. I doubt anyone bothered putting her name down before this.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

she needs the money so she can get rear end implants

think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread
The Something Awful Forums › Main › GBS 1.4 - Social Media 2.0 › ITT we discuss the ethics of VH1 reality show "Dating Naked"

• Locked thread