Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«229 »
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

Why god?

Grimey Drawer

Asema posted:

maybe it started as one but it's not now

The back half of Season 4 has been all-timer after all-timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Can we not besmirch this thread with discussion of lesser shows.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But we already discuss Tuca and Birdie.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

Venture Brothers, Frisky Dingo, Moral Oral... yeah you have Mr. Pickles and Assy McGee but you know, I'd rather take the bad with the good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

yay

Asema posted:

maybe it started as one but it's not now

I disagree.

Daikloktos posted:

Venture Brothers, Frisky Dingo, Moral Oral... yeah you have Mr. Pickles and Assy McGee but you know, I'd rather take the bad with the good

Adult swim also gives as weird poo poo like The Shivering truth and Too Many Cooks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

I like Adult Swim, glad they're around, solid network that takes chances on weird poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Daikloktos posted:

I went back and watched Frisky Dingo again last year and holy poo poo that show holds up way better than I expected. Not a minute goes by without something hilarious happening.

Solice Kirsk posted:

But we already discuss Tuca and Birdie.

Oh, good, Iím not the only one that thinks it kind of sucks compared to Bojack?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

yeah maybe i'm just tired of listening to chuds gaffaw about how great rick and morty is and that my issues with the show is because my feeble lady brain doesn't understand it and then unironically going around the "big iq" meme without ever saying it and not the fact that it's yet another "this person you are all cheering for and screaming is a golden god is a literal garbage human and the creators consistently go out of their way to showcase that they are horrible but each step just has more cheers erupt how can you just be so god drat brave"

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

gonna go fight somebody over 1990 era mcdonald sauces brb

Kerrek
Dec 16, 2004

Daikloktos posted:

Who dares besmirch Assy McGee

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

My biggest complaint with the final season, other than them not finding a real summative endcap to Mr. Peanutbutter's arc, is the stuff with Todd and his parents. That part of the episode in the back half felt incredibly rote and Jorge was completely sanded down. I loved his appearance in the first half on a character level but - well, for as much realistic consequence to this wacky animal world as the show deals in the one issue it always had to elide was race. It didn't want to pull that very obvious thread and so you're asked from early on to suspend your disbelief that there wouldn't be incredible tension in a world with hundreds of socially-constructible "races". When it's a gag like the "elephant in the room" bit or the Animal's Choice Awards it's one thing, but any time the plot started betraying that required suspension it jars.

Kerrek posted:

Who dares besmirch Assy McGee
I'd actually go to bat for most of the traditionally "bad" Adult Swim shows. Even the ones that don't work on a fundamental level almost always have certain superlative qualities that I wouldn't want rounded off in exchange for a more homogenized but fundamentally functional show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

TURDS BOD

Asema posted:

yeah maybe i'm just tired of listening to chuds gaffaw about how great rick and morty is and that my issues with the show is because my feeble lady brain doesn't understand it and then unironically going around the "big iq" meme without ever saying it and not the fact that it's yet another "this person you are all cheering for and screaming is a golden god is a literal garbage human and the creators consistently go out of their way to showcase that they are horrible but each step just has more cheers erupt how can you just be so god drat brave"

...why are you listening to CHUDs... at all?

Look, there are problem a billion whiny Twitterinos who truly and completely believe Bojack Horseman is a misunderstood genius and a sympathetic anti-hero and use him and other examples to justify their depression-fueled substance abuse. I know for certain that these people would ostensibly appear to be on the same side as I am about many important social issues, but would actually be pure flaming dogshit to speak with or spend any time with. I love this show more than I have ever loved any other show in my life, but my experience with the Bojack fanbase outside of literally just this thread is 100% wishy washy drama queens who all try to excuse their anti-social and rude behaviors with "I'm a Scorpio and that's just the way it is!" type bullshit.

You don't ever have to let the fans of a piece of media dictate how you consume or experience something. Hell, if you're a genius, you don't even have to let the creator dictate that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

...why are you listening to CHUDs... at all?

because they are the loudest and the very much majority in a lot of gaming spheres and it's absolutely exhausting to deal with

«229 »