Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
wormskull in honor of your audrey av (the best character) i will try watching twin peaks season 2 again

i got metro 2033 when it was new, finished it, and got in a serious rut that didn't end until revengeance. but god drat revengeance owned

i got a console for a hell of a deal and now i'm playing bayonetta and i dare say it may very well own.. more??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
metro 2033 is cool as gently caress and definitely worth the playthrough, then possibly with ranger mode

i haven't played last light yet despite having it because i'm afraid it's going to be bad. i have season pass but not ranger mode somehow

edit: the hand powered guns are really really fun to use in the heat of battle

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

AHungryRobot posted:

metro is good but i'm more of a stalker kind of guy

aside from being based on roadside picnic they're not even comparable

call of pripyat/metro 2033 are both goddamn amazing

metro really goes for more of a half life 2 style storytelling method except you get to explore cities and stuff happens, like the way you can get all your weapons stolen or just wandering around listening to people talk. instead of "cool a corridor of headcrab zombies" you get even more confused on the nature of the metro as the game goes along and that is a really really amazing thing

CoP's freeroam and interactions are nice, I had Tide early on and daaaaaaamn I love that gun so much. freedom 4 lyfe

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LaTex Fetish posted:

drat I like the sounds of this. are you sure you arent a salesman? this is the second time youve sold me on a game

i get really enthusiastic if i like a game enough :blush:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LaTex Fetish posted:

i'm enjoying it so far, but maybe I will check out stalker afterwards.

as your game salesman, i very highly suggest shadow of chernobyl

warning: guns don't have infinite range, lovely guns' bullets stop existing after a certain range

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
stalker has some of the best shoguns in vidgames and -the- best sniper rifle ever in a game imo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i thought all difficulty did was change the enemy aiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Hoodrich posted:

Yeah I like Crysis 3. It is better than 2 but 2 is still enjoyable to me. Shooting the bow is epic. The first one is really good too.

2 and 3 are both really good games, 1 and warhead are kind of average. skim the plot thing for 1 maybe.

"it is easier to chokeslam these aliens than firefight them" is a good realization

• Locked thread