Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
this is like the 90th thread made about unpopular game opinions in this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Ristolaz posted:

Problem, fucktard?

well these threads usually don't have very controversial opinions. in fact a good chunk of the time they have very commonly-held opinions at least on SomethingAwful(dot)com, my gamer friend.

like if someone came in this thread and said "portal sucks" or something, that would be a controversial opinion but no one is going to do that and even if they did they'd be dismissed as a retard or disingenuous because the portal games are really good games and pretty much universally-regarded as such.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
like outside of this subforum, saying "Mass Effect blows" would be considered controversial. but inside this subforum, that is a rather commonly-held opinion.

what I mean to say is there probably won't be that many epic flame wars im afraid

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Ristolaz posted:

Mario is a smelly idiot.

Hey, plumbing may be smelly but it does require an education, goon sir!!!

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Benny D posted:

Kiefer Sutherland is superior to David hayter in every conceivable way

gonna agree with this actually

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

FauxGateau posted:

gently caress metal gear anyway? although davide is actually a better weirdo than Keifer. So i disagree. Which is an unpopular opinion here.

We'll have to agree to disagree

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a semi erection in a semi truck from reading this semi ironic thread with a semi automatic aimed at my head

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Cobweb Heart posted:

99% of games are WORTHLESS loving GARBAGE, like 100% of the people who play them

wow you seem pretty hostile to games and gamers :smith:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
:eyepop: this flamewar is really getting out of hand

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Cobweb Heart posted:

I got this avatar because I need someone by my side going "OHHHHHHH SHIIIIIT" after everything I say, every troll I crush, every casualfag I barbecue. Do NOT gently caress with me, pansy. *claps hands* On with the opinions... I've siad my piece....

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Cobweb Heart posted:

This is as fresh as recycled hot dog water and as burning hot as same once it's been in a freezer for a week and you've also had a comparable amount of loving weiners slide through you.

I'm the sort of gamer who beats Minus World. You the sort of gamer who didn't notice until this sentence that the bushes and the clouds are the same sprite. I'm the sort of gamer who played the stolen Sonic 2 beta cartridge and beat Wood Zone. You're the sort of gamer who doesn't even know what I'm talking about. Welcome to Genocide City, population 01011001.

You should hand over that loving gang tag, bitch.

So be it...

you have made this thread infinitely better

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
This went from a boring thread to an insanely good thread in a matter of hours.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
What poo poo boardgames have you guys played? Monopoly?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

The Protagonist posted:

is that the one where the prot turns from a badass deathknight to a gay pansy paladin bitch?

because yeah totes

that is ff4 (ff2 on snes.) kill me for knowing that. thanks.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Shadow of the Colossus is not good because it's "art." It's good because it's fun to loving murder large things in creative ways.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey guys, get this: most videogames don't actually have that bad of stories. A story doesn't need intricate sociopolitical or psychological commentary to be good. MGR? Perfectly good story that serves its purpose nothing more nothing less.

Games don't need to be art, just good.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I felt ME2 was mostly better than 1 because they pulled the old Bioware trick of literally cutting half the original's gameplay rather than improving on the flaws of the original which, I got to be honest, was really disappointing.

ME3 was just more of the same and became dull after a while.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Wormskull posted:

They replaced the stupid skill thing with one that's just better as a skill tree, they got rid of tedious poo poo like driving around a stupid planet in favor of just scanning it less tediously, and more. I don't know what their supposed to have cut rather than replaced with something that's at least not as bad, whether it makes the game shorter or not.

Rather than getting rid of the tedious driving all together and replace it with a tedious scanning mini-game instead, they could have made the driving, I don't know, fun?

I also liked being able to customize my stats more in ME1 but I really don't remember ME2 that well so I can't remember if they did the powers thing that much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Kirby 64 was okay but I was disappointed in the lack of variety with the powers even with the ability to combine them. Which was still really cool.

• Locked thread