Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

cod blops multiplayer is pretty fun when youve got some bros to play with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

qnqnx posted:

The world has become a super hosed up place for this to be an unpopular opinion

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

mobas might not be that bad

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

conker was the worst character in diddy kong racing

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

PC gaming is pretty neat and I would rather game on a PC than on something fun.

yeah, but this isn't controversial or unpopular. its simply the correct way of gaming

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

morrowind is all atmosphere

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

Mudcrabs, terrible creatures was plastered all over the World Wide Web for a while there. Still see it occasionally. And as Ragg said, Seen any elves? Sorry if my description of idiots enjoying lowest common denominator bullshit hit too close to home. But I'm not really sorry.

may-mays are annoying as gently caress, but just because they're there doesnt mean a game is bad because of it. portal is still a great game despite cake lies.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

As Ragg has already pointed out and now I'd like to reiterate, this is not what I said. It's almost like people who enjoy Morrowind struggle with simple concepts.

well you basically said the game was poo poo and the reason why dumb fuckers think the game is good is because memes give them something to connect to.

to me that means you're saying the reason the game was thought of as 'good' was because of memes.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah, you're right. but you're still an idiot and you should play morrowind anyway because its actually pretty good.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

I have played it, that's how I know it's bad, and was able to explain why beyond some vague comment about 'atmosphere', as if atmosphere actually loving matters if the core gameplay is turd, which it most assuredly is. Let me know if you need any other simple loving concepts explained to you. I could draw you a diagram with your favourite animes and everything.

core gameplay is pretty tight. its an rpg. you swing a sword and if your sword swinging level is high you stab that motherfucker. you dont really need to grind but you can if you want.

atmosphere is vague because its hard to explain. great over arching quest line that is simple if you want it to be, otherwise there's rich lore to explore in game. theres a bunch of different areas in the game which are cool, but the place still feels oppressive no matter how green the grass gets which is the way its supposed to feel because red mountain and ash storms because evil

draw me a diagram with some anime anyway though because i need my fix

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

morrowind also has an oppressive government featuring cool bits such as legal murder as long as you have the correct documents proving someone paid you to murder the person you murdered

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Ragg posted:

The core gameplay is really bad and unbalanced. The combat is awful.

youre right. wizard supremacy. also you're mom was awful

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

morrowind is broken in such a way that i can drink myself smart, teach myself kung-fu, and beat down a god all within a fifteen to twenty minute time span.

morrowind also features cool characters such as vivec who is a man and woman and impregnates women with this spear

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

well its not like youre battling 100% of the time in morrowind. and past a certain point you just hit/success all the time. the combat system isn't "fun" but it gets its job done and if you can look past it, morrowind is really great.

also lol if you somehow make a character thats absolute poo poo outta character creation and can't hit anything. if you wanna be a sword swinging character, give yourself the sword skill, str and agility.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Ekster posted:

I don't get people loving morrowind and then trashing oblivion for doing the exact same poo poo. I never played oblivion after morrowind cause I hated it but reading people complaining about poo poo combat and bland uninteresting worlds then wishing it was more like morrowind confuses me greatly.

oblivion didnt do the exact same poo poo. instead of saying, 'yeah, these are the things that are bad with morrowind, let's improve them', they said 'lets make everything morrowind was good at poo poo.'

the atmosphere in oblivion is very bland compared to morrowind. the combat is even worse (somehow). there's no reason to explore poo poo because for some reason every single loot item is tied to level. the quests are very boring and even more linear (except thieve's guild and maybe dark brotherhood). if you did explore, the dungeons are literally copy & pasted and have the same gimmick each time.

they took away levitation, paralyzation, and a bunch of cool poo poo out for no reason.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

[whispering to self while rocking back and forth] "morrowind is a good game, morrowind is a good game, morrowind is a good game"

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Nihnoz posted:

Monhun gives me severe mmo feels which is a huge turnoff.

yeah, I agree with this

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

Oh, so you're one of those dumbasses who actually gives a poo poo about lore and story in a game. Holy poo poo, you faggots make me want to puke my loving guts out. If I wanted a story, I'd read a goddamned book. I'll say it again, if the people who write for games were actually talented, they'd be out there writing novels, because there's far more prestige and money involved. The people who write for video games are the detritus of the writing world and the hackneyed, predictable bullshit they churn out on a regular basis is all the proof in the world you need of that. The most important part of any game is the gameplay. Graphics, sound and yes even *chuckles* lore are all secondary to that one consideration. Calling the gameplay of Morrowind "tight" is as moronic as saying the "atmosphere" is good. These are deliberately ambiguous, subjective terms you're using in order to weasel your way out of justifying your ridiculous opinion. I'd invite you to try and do that now, for your third attempt running, but quite frankly at this point I'd rather make friends with the bottom of a cliff than be subject to any more of your mindless musings. gently caress off, oval office.

did you like planescape?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

i've yet to see an actual case of a company cutting content from a game to be made into dlc just for $$$$. i haven't looked very hard tho so w/e.

lol

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can love bloom in the flamewar thread?

gently caress off

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Mass Effect 2 and 3 were pretty good games overall. If you had a crybaby meltdown over the ending of 3 then you care too much about writing in games.

when the mechanics are poor and typical and the only redeeming quality was the story/characters, they should care

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The mechanics were good though.

I dunno, played one bioware game played em all.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lol epic dialogue sequences where choosing one option over the other makes a character die by getting hit by a random asteroid

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*talks really slowly* I said the Game Mechanics were good, as in the bits where you shoot people aka the Actual Game. Do you understand, retard?

in bioware games the main mechanic is the dialogue

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

500 bucks on an 8 bit system at these stores.

lol what a loving dumbass. youre a loving dumbass for even giving these people money. everyones that even goes to that shoppe is a dumbass

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Disagree.

do you and t reap go to that shoppe together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i'm really loving triggered that you would even disagree with me, even if ironically.

• Locked thread