Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The last of us was boring and repetitive and if you couldn't see the ending coming after twenty minutes of playing it you might not have an actual brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Kiefer Sutherland is superior to David hayter in every conceivable way

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Final fantasy 9 was leaps and bounds better than 7

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The RTCW version of enemy territory was the pinnacle of online shooters

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dark souls really isn't hard but those archers are loving dumb and bed of chaos is even dumber. If you're doing it solo the formula is literally "kill one side or both it you're lucky, die in transit, run back and sprint across the front and hope you miss the second swipe" it has almost nothing to do with skill or learning the games systems

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

also why did they only use the sliding down at an angle thing into bed of chaos' room that one time in the game. I can think of numerous places it would've been fun
Edit poo poo I forgot you do that in tomb of the giants too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

People kept telling me how much trouble I was going to have with artorias of the abyss but I killed artorias on my first try and kalameet on my second. The gryphon thing was a little difficult and manus was only hard because he wouldn't move off syf's summoning sign and I'll be dogdamned if I'm going to kill him without that useless little puppy present

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Dark Souls 2 bosses range between super rad (Freja, Velstadt) and unbelievably lovely (Flexile Sentry, Ornstein 2.0, Nashandra). Really the whole game is inconsistent quality-wise.

I liked how all of the games nerds were all "OH MY GOSH NOSTALGIAAAA" because they copied and pasted Orenstein. Then in the first DLC they copied over kalameet except they took out the parts that made kalameet fun

I know they've said before that they spend most of their time on th regular mobs because that's who you spend most of your time fighting. Clearly they did the opposite for artorias of the abyss because all of those bosses were awesome so maybe they should just stick to that??

Edit the only redeeming quality would have been to add smough to the chapel where Orenstein 2.0 is in NG+ and they didn't even do that? Am I the only one the was seriously disappointed when I discovered this

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe I've just played too much Souls in the last few months but watching the bloodborne game play footage all I could think was "wow that looks incredibly boring and not the least bit frightening"

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

kill you are self posted:

skyrim is ok if you have like 100GB of barely-compatible mods installed but that's every bethesda game anyway

*lookinh through a dusty bottle of crystal Pepsi 2 see tha future* "oblivion and skyrim were loving garbage" says the gamer as it pays cash for the next installment in the series at full price

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

kill you are self posted:

I think I'm done with bethesda, actually. After skyrim/oblivion's consolization and horrendous input lag they're only just above ea/ubi

It's like they let obsidian make an extremely rushed fallout game just to let non-retarded fallout fans get a bittersweet taste of how close the franchise could come to what it once was

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

is that the one where the prot turns from a badass deathknight to a gay pansy paladin bitch?

because yeah totes

ff6 is the thief with a heart of gold or something. Now that I think about it didn't they use the same thing for the guy with the tail in ff9 or am I confusing my early jrpgs

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

MGSV: Ground Zeroes was worth every penny of $20 and the people who whine about konami charging for it should look in a mirror next time they shell out their anus for same-day dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The phantom pain multiplayer looked neat but I was really hoping for some kind of summoning system where other players could come in to help you tackle objectives like souls meets peace walker

• Locked thread