Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Widestancer posted:

Blake Stone was way better than Wolfenstein could have ever hoped to be

if this is an unpopular opinion then i am not a true gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i dont understand games anymore, they're all too complex with too many morals and i like games dumbed down

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

Youre usually not supposed to flame yourself in a flame war but good job.

this is my speciality!! ultra killll

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the xbox one might be the saviour of console gaming

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fellis posted:

mobas are good games that are fun to play and watch

goddamn my head is about to explode with fury at this statement godamn i am so loving furious at the idea of MOBAS and their popularirty godddddd

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Take a chill pill matey.

i cant, i am furious and so irate that i am becoming an angry video game nerd

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I look up to Ben kuchera and Arthur gies as true bastions of the video games industry.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
video gams are not only art, but they are the last true method to which express life, intelligence and philosophy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Silver Striker posted:

dlc is not as bad as most gamers will scream about it being. it's bad, and usually lazy, but it's not Literal Theft

i've yet to see an actual case of a company cutting content from a game to be made into dlc just for $$$$. i haven't looked very hard tho so w/e.

well the most obvious answer i can currently think of is the 'from the ashes' dlc from me3. they removed a whole character (a protherean) and turned him and his little missions into dlc

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Everyone who has ever played a video games should die of AIDS.

jokes on you FAG boy jim! im 100% composed of aids and it is what is keeping me alive

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
mass effect 1 - best story, best interface, best squadmates, best exploration.

mass effect 2 - loving skip this retarded gay rear end poo poo. worst. lovely crewmembers boring planets, whack as gently caress scanning 'game', gay as gently caress music

mass effec 3 - lots of fun via callbacks and game history, best dlc, improved weapons/armour poo poo from all the fuckd up second game, best music.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

im sorry but its true

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You think Mass Effect 1 is good...so, uhh, yeah.....no.

i do. i had a lot of fun with it. especially driving around planets in the mako. it was more like oldie scifi too and didnt feel all cover shootery like 2 and 3. its legit my favourite.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fellis posted:

mass effect 1 seemed good when it came out, but holy poo poo it does not hold up especially after you play 2

i am completely opposite. playing 2 makes me appreciate 1 more because i really, really, really dislike the direction 2 took and all the rubbish poo poo that 2 does.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

i know. no one (or very few people) agree with me and i am cool with that. i just really liked what they did with it. at least it felt cohesive with a direct line of where you began to where you ended up. neither 2 nor 3 felt like anything more than a collection of random stories. also the mysterious man was boring

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i genuinely loved the mako and driving around the planets. felt like i was exploring the universe i was a part of. i really felt like a scifi spaceman.

i did not get that feeling with any of the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

zen death robot posted:

If you're a future space explorer are you gonna go trucking around a possibly hostile alien environment in a badly shielded ATV or are you gonna fly in a badass heavily armed/stealth ship and land as close to your destination as you possibly can?

That's the problem with the Mako. It just didn't fit in with the rest of the tech. The thing they had in ME3 was a better try.

i liked being dropped in a badly shielded ATV because i felt like that was one of the underlying themes. being completely unprepared to be a spectre, for the reapers, for the oncoming war. like I was always out of my depth and had to make do

• Locked thread