Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Part of the reason I joined Something Awful was due to the awesome Let's Plays of the X-Com series. Couldn't read them without an account. I'm glad I did. This LP is especially entertaining.

As for power, I'd pick Bone Marrow. Being able to heal quicker after an injury is always nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The base defense mission is a dick move from the developers. "Like using that Unequip All button? Have fun defending your base against endgame enemies with nothing but your starting equipment!" :xcom:

So, keep your best stuff on your best dudes after finishing the Alien Base mission, I had to learn that the hard way, and I bet I'm not the only one. After that I kept my dudes equipped at all times out of paranoia.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

SHIVs have saved my soldiers' asses so many times. They're great for risky charges and assaults since hey no huge loss if they are destroyed since they don't level up. Hover ones are basically close range Archangel snipers without the "can't fire and move on the same turn" annoyance.

Plus, the tracked ones have the cutest animations. They're like those Tachikomas from Ghost in the Shell. :3:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 14, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Okay, I was not expecting that. :stare:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I only have my PC. :doh:

Wait for a Steam sale then. :v:

• Locked thread