Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This is an XCOM LP, so it is my duty to nominate The Real American himself, the Immortal Hulk Hogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Skill Roulette kinda makes this point moot for 90% of it, but Support is my favorite class.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Speedball posted:

The only promising male candidate I have so far is a guy who thinks he’s Hulk Hogan. Or maybe the real deal, he’s very convincing…

Yesssssssssss.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MEC him.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
SHIVs all day because SHIVs are underused by people who play the game.

Galaxy Quest is the greatest alien movie made, and I refuse to listen to other opinions except maybe Starship Troopers

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

pun pundit posted:

Most hated alien? Cyberdiscs. They are hard to kill if you don't have the right troops with you and they have grenades. I'm just glad I haven't seen one use its special attack Death Blossom in single player.

gently caress them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The only Yu-Gi-Oh video games I really liked besides the Gamecube and PS2 ones that weren't actually card games were the Tag Force games, which had the downside of having to deal with stupid partners, but otherwise were all solid.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Speedball posted:

Oh, yeah, those were pretty good too!

Nowadays, there's no real point in doing the video games anyway, as all your yugioh needs can be dealt with using Dueling Network/DevPro/YGOPro. It's how I test my decks.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was always disappointed that you dropped the anime one to finish the MGS one. I was getting interested in that one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Speedball posted:

Well, hey, they DID release the "espionage" expansion pack that has spying and one side whose units are permanently cloaked from view.

"Call me Serpent..."

You should swerve the whole thread and use the espionage expansion pack for more anime.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Speedball posted:

Pffahahaa. There are sadly not many anime mods for Endless Legend.

Just use a Metal Gear Solid mod but kayfabe it all to be anime themed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It was fun, and I enjoyed it, but I do have to agree with the complaints, in that I spent most of the updates since the the Overseer Ship (or whichever was the big ship before the Temple Ship) wanting Cam to die because there really were way too few people dead, and Cam was the one with the least personality, it didn't detract TOO bad from my enjoyment of the LP.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

thetruegentleman posted:

Besides, would Cam dying to something that the party can totally defeat without suffering any deaths really be interesting?

With Cam basically being the leader of the soldiers, losing Cam would lead to episodes involving a vacuum at the top of the chain, and having characters get over it. Especially if the death was after the wedding.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, the reason I never brought it up before now is because A) It never really impacted my enjoyment of the LP, and B) the issue isn't with the player, but the rng that runs the game. Never even considered that Speedball would have reset the game had Cam died for narrative sake.

I would just have loved to see some of the more established characters die to bad luck, leading to Volunteer Zinchenko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, I guess the RNG likes Zinchenko too much to make him the Volunteer. :(

• Locked thread