Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Fill the sky with so many Satellites that the alien crafts won't be able to enter the atmosphere undamaged.
And let's get some Carapace armor so that our troops are a bit more survivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rumda posted:

Zinchenko :colbert:
Well, he already needs no rifle to kill aliens. :D

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
This is a very entertaining LP, and I enjoy reading every new update.
So let's try and get to the next page. :)

Edit:
if I counted right, we only need another 2-3 posts to get a new page.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Given the successful test of the Hover SHIV, EXALT that needs to be taken care of and their use of biological weapons, there is only one way of ending their "threat", and that is swarming their base with remotely-piloted SHIVs.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Speedball posted:

Since EXALT has a disease they can give to our soldiers, perhaps now would be a good time to overwhelm them with our ROBOT ARMY!!!
YEAH! Robot army!
I can get behind that!
…tempting, but no.
Aww, why?
You psychics need to exercise your brains and these idiots are safer to practice against than charging berserkers or chrysalids. I want you to be able to totally crush alien minds from within when the time comes.
Besides, you should already have the antibodies for “meld flu” by now.
Oh you massive tease! :argh:
I'm sure that I would've been more annoyed by it if this wasn't a great update. :D

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Zack Ater posted:

Fair enough. I forget quite how far apart the games are. Maybe being an Ethereal host (even for a short time, which could explain both the xcom and cobra commanders) grants unnatural longevity?

......or someone pulled a Mosaic and we just haven't seen the Commander in person because he has no body left.

Oh hey look, we're turning this into a Bureau thread, not only in content but also in form!
Yeah, I believe that it's possible that the Ethereal host might have provided increased longevity: after all Carter was able to survive an otherwise lethal gunshot at the beginning of the game.
Of course the alternative Mosaic scenario is also possible.

I have been curious about the Commander's identity since the start of this LP, but with the reveal of CobraEXALT Commander I am even more curious about who is who.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Speedball posted:

What do you eat?
3. Painfully hot peppers, with a scalding hot coffee chaser.
I'm going to go with this, since everyone is going metal already and it seems like another weird choice.
Looking forward to seeing what this is all about.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
You provide with quality entertainment, so take all the time you need.
We'll be here. :)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Since the Commander is the Ethereal from The Bureau, I take it that Cobra Commander was Carter?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Not just "in a way." You actively take control of Carter the minute he recovers from getting hit by the suitcase, and you lose control once he pushes you out. Hell, the ethereal sits around three feet back and up from Carter's head, or in other words exactly where the camera sits.
It's a really clever way to justify the usual third-person shooter mechanics, and just a great plot twist in general.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Whoah. So yeah, I've never played the Bureau but whoa, Carter did not take being controlled by an Ethereal well, at all.
Massive understatement right there.
Speedball wrote a pretty condensed version: in-game Carter is even worse and his voice actor did a fantastic job with the character once he cracks.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Speedball posted:

MGSV is the very definition of a "flawed gem."
Having known of the large amount of cut content when I was still a third of the way through the story has me agree with that definition: if the content hadn't been cut, I would've liked the story a hell of a lot more, but even then the gameplay made up for it, and we can probably blame mainly Konami for this. :v:
Going through the story without knowing that fact would've probably annoyed me a fair bit more, though. :shobon:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I was genuinely shocked when it was revealed that our support helicopter was the Metal Gear all along. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Speedball posted:

Edit: Felt very ill, feel better slightly now. Sorry. You guys keep me going. Also sorry last update was a little short.
Thanks for the heads-up and don't worry: you just focus on getting better, ok? :)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Ghostwoods posted:

"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said. The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one -- and still they come.
In case someone hasn't listened to it or doesn't know about it yet, I do highly recommend checking out The War of the World by Jeff Wayne, both versions. :)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Good job on the LP, Speedball.
Also you did well with the final mission (even if it was a tad too anime for me :v: ): the Temple Ship really doesn't give you a lot of material to work with due to how it's set up (the "victory lap" mentioned by others), and even in Jade's LP they had a bonus episode where apostateCourier did a solo run of it to make up for its shortcomings.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Speedball posted:

Coming up! Let me get off work first. :)
Speaking of characters and offsprings some of them may have mentioned in the LP:

The only thing I did was add the ballcap hat: everything else was provided by the game. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Qrr posted:

Including specializing in pistols. No grenade abilities for sharpshooters, sadly, but you could probably get one from the Advanced Warfare Center.
Oh wait, no that was also me. But she was a Sharpshooter when I got her. :keke:
As far as I know, you cannot get soldiers with pre-purchased skills, only a pre-selected class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Speedball posted:

Aaand just for good measure...

Plastic Snake was better than you, fool!
That looks perfect. Any chance you could share him? He would work well in a mission with Ocelot.

Also the rest of the group came up perfect. :keke:

• Locked thread