Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

If jumpylegs also fixed my bad knee then it seems like the most fun option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Speedball posted:

… what the pus-drinking gently caress is happening!?

Ewwwwwwwww

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Yeah, but he got legit criticism about his writing, too. It... wasn't very good. IMO he should play to his strengths and stick to making great mods.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

lol @ the canadian character acting patriotic.

We don't do that, at least not vocally.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

Sorry for prying but... what kind of surgery?
Just so that we can get an idea of how risky it is. Eg, is it like getting your appendix removed, or is it closer to having shrapnel removed from your lungs?

Here is some advice for you: whenever you start to post something that starts with "sorry for prying" or anything else along those lines, instead do not make a post. Especially in this thread, where it just keeps happening.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Chard posted:

the commentators in the chopper are a nice touch

Personally I was hoping they'd get shot down and die in a fire so we'd never have to hear from them again.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

Uh, so this is probably kind of personal

This is where you should think about what you wrote and then not post.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Speedball posted:

Ugh. Am I arrogant for thinking my stupid MGS Civ V LP was a better Metal Gear story than what we got in MGSV?

That is pretty arrogant yeah.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I liked the EXALT raid, for two reasons:

1) It was good and fun to read

2) Unlike the last few EXALT missions, they were written as actual villains, instead of Very Special Episode baddies. "Racism is bad, let's prove it by killing really ham-handed obvious shitheads :razz:"

It's like you forgot how to write well for a bit but then remembered, and then things were good again.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Mechanical. Or both, or hybrid, I guess?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Critique: you post too often, and poorly.

Idea: stop posting

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

That was loving dumb.

I was hoping that may, just maybe, you'd do something interesting, like "Guess what Cam, we've been loving with your head for a long time, and the perfect Mary-Sue life you've built isn't real," but no, weak twist and shoehorned reference.

biosterous fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 16, 2016

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Dooky Dingo posted:

I look forward to reading your next LP, SomethingAwful poster "Biosterous".

Thank you for informing me that only content creators can have valid opinions about content :v:

The writing has of this LP has gotten worse and dumber as it has gone along. It started with people struggling against an overwhelming foe, dealing with traitors, and trying to work together as a team despite being strangers with little in training and little in common.

Now it's a bunch of brightly-coloured flat characters being The Best At Everything and everyone is in love with everyone and they're all One Big Family and it's sacchirine and boring. Most of the characters have one or two traits, except Cam, who is The Best Psychic and The Most Transhuman and has a Cool Badass Mom, and everything after Allen's death has gone pretty much perfectly for them.

I started reading this thread because it was good when it started. It's bad now.

Speedball, I know you can write better than this, because you have written better than this. I hope you take this as criticism of some of your writing, not of you as a person and not of your skills as a writer in general.

e: and I love Undertale, but that was just a bad forced reference.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Dooky Dingo posted:

This, but unironically.

So wait, you're telling me that, unless I make a movie, I can't talk about how Birdemic has no pacing, terrible acting, and laughable CGI?

How about Escher Girls? They have plenty of criticism about the drawings. But I guess since they haven't posted any of their art, they can't talk about how the artists do not seem to know how clothing, human skeletons, or gravity work. They're not ~*~Content Creators~*~, so their opinions are invalid.

You seem to be implying that the world is split into two types of people - the people who make things, and the people who don't, but only the first group gets to actually have any say about what's being made. If the non-creators think something is bad, well gently caress them, they don't count.

I shouldn't need to be in a metal band to be able to say that Saint Anger was Metallica's worst album. I shouldn't need to be a director be able to say that The Phantom Menace had awful dialogue and a non-cohesive plot. I shouldn't need to make comic books to say that Frank Miller has some seriously hosed up opinions on women, Muslims, and the government.

And how are creators supposed to get better without people to tell them they're not doing great? You can find plenty of fansite on the internet where nobody is allowed to criticize anyone else's works, and guess what? The lovely ones stay lovely, the mediocre ones stay mediocre, and the good ones stay good. Nobody gets any better.

Criticism is a critical part of the evolution of culture, and saying that only creators can legitimately criticize is as absurd as it is exclusionary.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The Only Thing I Know For Real > the other songs, but not by very much.

Dooky Dingo posted:

Edit: never mind. Geop says no. GEOP HAS SPOKEN.
Speedball, I'm enjoying the l.p. and I'm looking forward to the finale. Thanks.

Yup, dropping it.

If you get PMs sometime I would be interested in discussing this with you more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

And in the end, Cam once again gets to solve everything by just being The Best At Everything.

This update started interesting, until it became literally the pacifist ending of Undertale.

• Locked thread