Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Spalec posted:

Or each time he does something pointlessly, needlessly cruel or otherwise acts like an enormous rear end in a top hat, take a shot.

You do realize this is a series where one of your primary ways of regaining health is to find the nearest civilian and rip them in half, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

Definitely at least Chains of Olypmus too. They reference it here and there in 3.

How about Ascension? It references a bunch of mythology but it's more divorced from Kratos' plot arc as a whole.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

the QTEs in 2 are better, and by 3 they figured out the best way to aid the players reaction time is to move the icons to the edges of the screen relative to their position on the controller. so Triangle will be at the top, X at the bottom. and that entire side of the screen flashes so you can see it even in your peripheral vision.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nalesh posted:

The only one I can think of in recent memory that actually somewhat gave medusa a proper look would be dota 2

So.. uhh... they're not even pretending that they didn't steal a whole bunch of art assets from Blizzard on the way out anymore, right? Because that's basically just a high res Lady Vaszj.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Do you think that Kratos stops and thinks about what he's done with his life? Everyone hates him, he looks like poo poo and he's letting himself be used as a pawn in an Olympian slap fight. I think he may have some self-esteem and codependency issues to work through. Is the Oracle a licensed therapist?

There's a scene in Chains of Olympus (Which occurs chronologically before GoW1) Where Kratos basically throws away any chance of having a normal happy life. Or afterlife. At this point he's willing to dance to the tune of anyone as long as they promise to make the nightmares stop.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's a spoiler, but it gets explained this game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My favorite part of the DI LP was them noticing Satan's giant floppy goat dong.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Because that's just asking him to do every single god of war knockoff under the sun. And there are a lot of them.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Three numbered games, three unnumbered. The unnumbered ones tend to be prequels, except for Ghost of Sparta, which takes place between the first two.

It goes Ascension, Chains of Olympus, One, Ghost of Sparta, Two, Three

The mobile game and the 8 bit game where you fight Thor and steal Mjolnir don't count.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 8, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Does it ever get harder than "Punish Demons, DDR Sinners, mash cross until everything is dead"?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's just a binary, either you can block an attack and take no damage, or it will go right through your block.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

anthrax posted:

I know I'm a bit late to this party, but I still got the DI episodes saved on my disk. So if anyone can get a hold of the LPers and get their permission, I can reupload the episodes somewhere.

Hrm? No they're still online, they're just online at their actual site scroll down to dante's inferno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Is that Colonel Campbell as Zeus? The voice sounds really familiar.

Bloody Pom posted:

The distortion effect made me think of Aldaris from Starcraft.

You're both right, Paul Eiding is Campbell, Aldaris, and Zeus in this game.

• Locked thread