Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The galaxy has been a peaceful place for many years. After the ruthless Terran–Hegemony War (30.027–33.364), much effort has been employed by all major spacefaring species to prevent the terrifying events from repeating themselves. The Galactic Council was formed to enforce precious peace and it has taken many courageous efforts to prevent the escalation of malicious acts. Nevertheless, tension and discord are growing among the seven major species and in the Council itself. Old alliances are shattering and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable – only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and lead the galaxy under its rule? The shadows of the great civilizations are about to eclipse the galaxy. Lead your people to victory!

Eclipse is a board game about space. Specifically, it is a 4X game about eXploring, eXpanding, eXploiting and eXterminating across the greatest chunkof space that you can. It is also by far the lighter of the two popular 4X-in-space board games. (The other, Twilight Imperium, often has its playtime measured in days.) Eclipse, by contrast, is a lighter, easier-to-learn, more euro-y game. And I'm going to be doing a PbP of it!

Newcomers and veterans alike are welcome to have a stab at it, and anyone who's not in is welcome to provide their own comments and insights (but please preface your post with :munch: if you do). I've uploaded a PDF of the rules to my MediaFire here, and you can also find a pretty good video walkthrough of how the game is played here. Any new players, I'd ask that you please give the rules a once-over and at least watch the first fifteen to twenty minutes of the video before you apply, just to make sure you've got a handle on everything.

PBP games with this depth can very easily slow to a crawl and die, so I am going to be much more of a stickler than I usually am about consistent posting. If you can't guarantee regular posting (ideally at least once a day, if not more), I'd ask you to please not apply. For similar reasons, I'm going to be somewhat ruthless about replacing people who go idle, and will be keeping a healthy roster of back-ups for this purpose. Even if it's not your turn, just posting to shoot the poo poo, explain why you made a move, or shamelessly gloat at the guy whose ships you're blowing up, will do a lot to keep the thread active and alive. In short, :justpost:.

That's been a lot of :words: but we're almost done. Here's a picture of an example game at the start of Round 5, to break up the monotony. Yes, the Orion Hegeony are winning, why do you ask?

Setup Information
  • This will be a Core-only game, no expansions. This is both to keep the game simpler, and more importantly, because Vassal doesn't have the good expansion yet. :v:
  • While Eclipse supports up to 6, this game will be played with 4. It's a number that Eclipse handles well, and will be more managable for me than 6 would be.
  • If you scroll down, you'll see that two races have been reserved for new players. Reserved will mean that only players who haven't played Eclipse before (or have only played a couple times, and not recently) will be given those races.
  • Several other races are marked as not recommended for new players. This is not a rule, merely a suggestion, and if you really, really want to play the Descendents of Draco for your first game, I'm not going to stop you. Just understand that it's going to be a tougher experience than with some of the other races.

Notes on Playing
  • With new players, I may very occasionally offer small "are you sure" tips, advisories about the possible consequences of an unwise move. As the PBP format doesn't work very well with take-backs, this is my attempt at keeping things forgiving for the :shobon: newbees.
  • To keep things moving quickly, I will often compress several steps into one post. If it gets confusing, or you need me to slow down and go back through something, please let me know.
  • I'll be rolling all dice myself. It's much, much quicker that way.
  • :siren: There is a houserule. :siren: In the unmodified base game, Plasma Missiles are far and away the best technology, and some truly degenerate poo poo goes down with them. Therefore, Plasma Missiles do only one damage per hit, rather than two.
  • Bold and put a double # before actions, so they stand out from speculation and chatter. For example, if it's my turn and I decide I want to research the Gauss Shield, I'd ##research Gauss Shield.
  • In the interest of transparency and fair play, please do not communicate with other players about the game outside of this thread. Backroom dealings and sudden ally-backstabbing aren't nearly as fun if everyone else can't see it happening.

The Orion Hegemony's board in that game at that time. An early Shard Hull allowed them to exploit their advantage to great effect, and take down the GCDS during Round 3. Fun fact: They win this game with 35 points, pulling ahead from the Planta at the very end because of a last minute Monolith rush.

Applications
I'm getting tired of writing this, so I'm gonna make this part super-quick. All I need from an application is your SA username, your level of experience, what contact method you'd prefer (PMs, IMs, the IRC, whatever. Just not e-mail, please.) and your top three choices for what race you'd like to play. In a blatant display of buzzword, Gutter Owl has already been accepted as a pre-sign, so there are three player slots open.

I won't be just taking the first few applicants, especially since I'll need a back-up player list, but I don't want to leave it open for too long and cause too much disappointment, either. Expect something within about 24-48 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Races
In the base game of Eclipse, there are twelve races (well, technically six alien species, and six different identical types of humans). Each has strengths and weaknesses, and some are much, much more forgiving on new players than others. They are as follows.

Color: Red
Racial Effects
  • Draw two random Reputation tiles in the beginning of the game.
  • Two fewer Influence disks than other races.
  • Dreadnoughts have +1 Energy.
  • Initial Technologies: Gauss Shield, Fusion Drive, Plasma Cannon
  • Reputation Track: 4 Reputation/Treaty Spaces
  • Starting Storage: 26 Economy, 2 Research, 4 Production
  • Erdiani Home System: Basic/Advanced Economy Planet, Basic/Advanced Research Planet.
  • To emphasize: Eridani Home System has no production planet at all.
Comments
The Eridani start very, very strong, with a lot of free combat technologies, anywhere between 2 and 8 free victory points, and a whopping 26 Economy. However, their substandard home system and, more importantly, having two fewer action disks, means that their advantage can quickly dwindle away if not capitalized on. Eridani strategy relies on leveraging your early advantages to cement a power base for yourself before you run your wallet dry. This is a delicate balance and it's fairly easy to overshoot in either direction, so the Eridani are not recommended for new players.

Color: Blue
Racial Effects
  • May buy up to two Technologies with one research action.
  • Start with their home system's Advanced Science square populated.
  • Initial Technology: Advanced Labs
  • Reputation Track: 3 Reputation/Treaty Spaces, 1 Treaty Space
  • Starting Storage: 2 Economy, 5 Research, 2 Production
  • Hydran Home System: Basic Economy Planet, Basic/Advanced Research Planet, Advanced Production Planet.
Comments
The Hydran are by far the most straight-forward race in the game to play, and arguably the best for new players, or even in general. Their hat is research, and they do it drat well. A lack of any Basic Production to start, however, means that they can end up not having a great deal of resources in the early game, and need to explore in order to get the room they need to really leverage their Advanced Labs, and research whatever they need to best profit from the situation they're in. As they're the simplest race for a new player to grasp, I'm restricting them to new players only.

Color: Green
Racial Effects
  • When exploring, may explore two hexes, one after another.
  • Four Colony Ships
  • Population cubes are automatically destroyed by an enemy ship at the end of the Combat Phase.
  • 1 extra VP per controlled hex at the end of the game.
  • Ships have fewer empty spaces, but larger static bonuses, trending towards big, strong, slow ships with lots of energy and good computers.
  • Initial Technology: Starbase
  • Starting Storage: 4 Economy, 4 Research, 4 Production
  • Planta Home System: Basic Economy Planet, Basic Research Planet, Basic Production Planet
Comments
The Planta are one of the two explorer races, and the one that's easier for new players to get a handle on. They can quickly expand their territory, and have the starting technology to dissuade an opponent from rushing in before they're ready, but if their defenses do fail, it's trivial for an opponent to take vast swathes of their territory in relatively short order. The inflexibility of their ship designs also means that they can end up struggling to keep their ships adapting to whatever's needed in the late phases of the game. Planta strategy involves expanding when you can, and knowing when and where to turtle up when you can't. The Planta are straight-forward, but also have some risks involved, so new players are neither encouraged nor dissuaded from picking them.

Color: Yellow
Racial Effects
  • May have ships in hexes containing Ancients, and may place Inflence Discs in those hexes, but may not collect Discovery Tiles from them, and may never battle Ancients.
  • When using the Explore action, turn up two hexes, and choose one, or discard both.
  • 1 VP per Ancient Ship left on the game board at the end of the game.
  • Initial Technology: None.
  • Starting Storage: 2 Economy, 4 Research, 3 Production
  • Descendents Home System: Basic Economy Planet, Basic Research Planet, Advanced Production Planet
Comments
It's not unfair to say that the Descendents of Draco are almost playing a different game from everyone else. While the other players are trying to destroy and take over the hexes with Ancients in them, the Descendents instead buddy up with the ancient omnicidal aliens. In the early game, this means that they have a buffer between themselves and their enemies to make up for their weak start, but in the late game, the burden of protection is passed onto the player, as ships start flying around that can completely flatten the Ancients with a sneeze. They can also end up losing a significant number of boosts from Discovery Tiles, and so must rely on the victory points from surviving Ancients to make up for that. For this reason, they are not recommended for new players.

Color: White
Racial Effects
  • With the Upgrade action, may take up to 3 Ship Part Tiles form the Supply Board
  • With the Build action, may build up to three Ships or Structures.
  • All ships are 1 production cheaper, as are Orbitals. Monoliths are 2 cheaper.
  • Initial Technology: Positron Computer
  • Starting Storage: 3 Economy, 3 Research, 3 Production
  • Mechanema Home System: Basic/Advanced Economy Planet, Basic Research Planet, Advanced Production Planet
Comments
If the Eridani are the Economy race, and the Hydran are the Research race, the Mechanema are the Production race. Between their faster building and upgrading, and their cheaper production, the Mechanema can poo poo out a state-of-the-art army in an astonishingly short length of time. Their home system means they can't press this advantage as immediately as they'd like, however. Still, for being straight-forward and forgiving of early blunders, I'm restricting the Mechanema to new players only.

Color: Black
Racial Effects
  • Starts with a Cruiser instead of an Interceptor.
  • 4 to 1 trade ratio.
  • All ships start with Gauss Shields, +1 Initiative, and have extra built-in energy.
  • Initial Technologies: Neutron Bomb, Gauss Shield
  • Reputation Track: 4 Reputation/Treaty Spaces, 1 Reputation Space
  • Starting Storage: 3 Economy, 3 Research, 5 Production
  • Orion Home System: Advanced Economy Planet, Basic Research Planet, Basic/Advanced Production Planet
Comments
The Orion Hegemony blows poo poo up in space, that's what they're good at in the beginning of the game, and they remain good at it the whole way through. Really, I could kind of stop the comment section there and everyone would get the idea, but for the sake of completeness: Aside from their absolutely amazing starting ship, the Orion have a terrible trade ratio and what is probably the worst Home System in the game. This means that not only can they steal good systems from Ancients, or even other players, they're almost compelled to in order to still thrive in the end game. Because a competent Orion Hegemony would scare everyone else into turtling forever while their good systems are slowly stripped away, and make for a very boring game, I am restricting the Orion to new players only.

Color: All
Racial Effects
  • When you perform a Move action, you may make up to three ship movements.
  • 2 to 1 trade ratio.
  • Reputation Track: 4 Reputation/Treaty Spaces, 1 Treaty Space
  • Starting Storage: 2 Economy, 3 Research, 3 Production
  • Terran Home System: Basic/Advanced Economy Planet, Basic/Advanced Research Planet, Basic Production Planet
Comments
While other races have a single, predictable strategy, Terrans are flexible, and can... Actually, I'm just going to level with you all. Terrans are kind of crap. In an all-human game, they work well for teaching the ropes and letting you do whatever you want to do, and that's fine. But in a game with races that have a built-in, incentivized strategy, humans have to play whatever hand they're dealt, and if they can't leverage it properly, it's very easy for them to fall behind as early as midgame, and it only snowballs from there. For this reason, Terrans are not recommended for new players.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wanna be the space monoillithid

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Never played before. Calling dibs on the Borg, followed by Planta, followed by hilarious comedy option Draco.

Contact via PM preferred.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 27, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actual interest post: i've got zero experience with this game. i can post pretty regularly, and i've got pms. my top three picks would be monollithids, moss monsters, and space ogres, in that order.

it's probably obvious, but my sa username is Weedlord Bonerhitler III

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Eridani sound like p. cool folks. Failing that I guess Draco or Mechanima. Not expecting a rush of signups for Eridani though. I can be reached by PM or you can just yell at me on skype.

I've played about twenty games. Probably a few more. Only 3 or so games of non-expansion Eclipse though! :v:

(I've never won with Eridani without the expansion.)

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 27, 2014

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Never played by post before, sounds intimidating but holy poo poo do I want to play some Eclipse right now. Got maybe a dozen games under my belt but at least half of them are with the expansion. I have PMs for contact purposes and as a BITTER BATTLEHARDENED VETERAN I'd like to play Planta, Descendants or Human.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Ill be a backup

E: might want to pm ettin bout your tag :D

Fellis fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 27, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

Color: Blue
Racial Effects
  • May buy up to two Technologies with one research action.
  • Start with their home system's Advanced Science square populated.
  • Initial Technology: Advanced Labs
  • Starting Storage: 2 Economy, 5 Research, 2 Production
  • Hydran Home System: Basic Economy Planet, Basic/Advanced Research Planet, Advanced Production Planet.
Comments
The Hydran are by far the most straight-forward race in the game to play, and arguably the best for new players, or even in general. Their hat is research, and they do it drat well. A lack of any Basic Production to start, however, means that they can end up not having a great deal of resources in the early game, and need to explore in order to get the room they need to really leverage their Advanced Labs, and research whatever they need to best profit from the situation they're in. As they're the simplest race for a new player to grasp, I'm restricting them to new players only.

I'm having a good chuckle at this. Last night I played a four-player game - me as Magellans, the game's owner (who has played once or twice more than me) as the Progress, and a complete newbie and a guy who had played once before as humans. The Progress came dead last on 19 points, having been brutally stomped on several occasions by one of the humans and never managing to score on the research tracks. (There was also a hilarious moment where the other human player, who had gone missile-happy, attacked me for control of 001 with all her fleet on the last turn only to watch me research Antimatter Cannon, Antimatter Splitter and Point Defence then upgrade my Dreadnaughts with Flux Shield. I love the expansion. :D)

By the way, you know that normally you don't choose your race until after the starting tech tiles are drawn, yes? This is especially important if someone takes the Eridani, who are heavily disadvantaged if certain techs are not available. If possible, I would suggest that you give each non-human player the option to flip to human after the starting draw.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

If possible, I would suggest that you give each non-human player the option to flip to human after the starting draw.
That's a good idea.

Fellis posted:

Ill be a backup

E: might want to pm ettin bout your tag :D
That's intentional! Honest! (No it isn't. :v:)

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Can't promise to post enough so I'm not going to join, but following and will kibbitz.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Baller game looking forward to watching the game play out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, okay, that works out pretty okay.

I guess, then, that the players are...
Corbeau as the Eridani (Red)!
Gutter Owl as the Mechanema (White)!
Hra Mormo as the Planta (Green)!
Tollymain as the Hydran Progress (Blue)!

Back-Up
Fellis
inSTALLed
Elyv
Bobfly

Anyone else who wishes to be back-up, feel free to say so at any time.

Game start post (with option to switch to human) will be up soon!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 6, 2014

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'll be away until this evening, so I volunteer to not go first.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Turn order has been randomly determined as Hra Mormo -> Corbeau -> Tollymain -> Gutter Owl, and the board has been set up to reflect this! (Clockwise.) Hra Mormo is the first player!

Round 1.1
Game Board

Player Boards

Supply Board

Available Technologies
Military
Plasma Cannon (x2) - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Plasma Cannon tile on your ships.
Advanced Mining (x2) - You may place cubes on the advanced spaces of mining planets you control.

Grid
Gauss Shield - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Gauss Shield tile on your ships.
Tachyon Drive (x2) - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Tachyon Drive tile on your ships.
Antimatter Cannon - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Antimatter Cannon tile on your ships.
Quantum Grid - You gain two extra action disks.

Nano
Nanorobots (x2) - When taking the Build action, you may build one more ship or structure.
Fusion Drive - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Fusion Drive tile on your ships.
Advanced Robotics (x2) - You gain an extra action disk.
Advanced Labs - You may place cubes on the advanced spaces of research planets you control.
Monolith - When taking the build action, you may build Monoliths in sectors you control. (One per sector, worth 3 VP at end of game.)

Action Queue
==>Hra: Choose first action.
==>All Players: Choose to keep race or switch for human.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 29, 2014

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

##Keep Mechanema

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
I'll be a backup if you need more. I have Eclipse, but have only got it to the table one time, and that game was ended just before the final turn.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'll be a backup, though I've only played the game once and it was years ago.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##keep provost vorahkaz in office

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011
I will also be a back up! I've played a handful of times.

P.S. Fellis we should play on Vassal!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
## Keep Eridani. Nonetheless, not exactly the sort of tech draw I was hoping for.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
## Keep Planta
## Explore sector 3 northwest of home system

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nu Phoenisis Sector
Sector 310
1 Point
Basic Research Planet
Basic Mining Planet

Action Queue
==>Hra: Choose keep or discard. If keep, choose tile orientation and whether or not to influence/use colony ships.
==>Hra: Choose second sector for Explore action.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
## Keep Nu Phoenisis Sector, rotate once counterclockwise to line up gate and place. Influence Nu Phoenisis Sector, colonise both planets.
## Explore sector 1 southeast of home system.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Castor Sector
Sector 101
2 Points
Discovery Tile, Ancient
Basic Economic Planet
Basic/Advanced Mining Planet

Action Queue
==>Hra: Choose keep or discard. If keep, choose tile orientation and whether or not to influence/use colony ships.
==>Corbeau: Choose action.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
## Keep Castor Sector, maintain current orientation and place.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
## Explore my 1.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hra Mormo posted:

## Keep Castor Sector, maintain current orientation and place.

Corbeau posted:

## Explore my 1.

Nu Cassiopeiae Sector
Sector 108
2 Points
Discovery Tile, Ancient
Advanced Economic Planet
Basic Research Planet
Gray Planet

Keep and orientation were confirmed by Skype while my internet was being a poo poo. (This will happen a lot.)

Action Queue
==>Tolly: Choose action.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Since both of our new players are coming up next, and I've got nothing better to do...

Early Game Tips From A Just-Past-Novice Player
  • In the early game, Exploring is very important. The more sectors you inhabit, the more resources you'll get between rounds.
  • Discarding tiles can be a prudent move, if you think exploring there again will give you something that you can benefit from more immediately.
  • Sector 1 tiles tend to be better connected and have more resources than Sector 2 or 3 tiles, but are often better-defended. However, this is only a guideline, not a hard-and-fast rule.
  • Be mindful of how your actions will affect your Economics at the end of the round. If you're not running a balanced budget, you'll need to substitute that with either money or resources (at a terrible exchange rate). If you can't do that, then you start losing sectors, and that's bad.
  • Passing first puts you first in the turn order next round, which can often be a benefit in itself.
  • Research is how you keep up with the Joneses, but be careful about using Research on technologies you "might" need. Not Researching for a Round or two to save up points and get something you'll actually use is always an option.
  • People who know the game better than me may end up adding to, caveat-ing, or even flat-out contradicting what I'm saying here, so don't take any of my advice as gospel truth.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
One comment: exploring is important because it gives you options. It shows you what you'll need to deal with and what resources are potentially available. One cannot effectively plan without exploring first. In that vein, I believe there is no such thing as a bad tile draw - at least at the beginning. I have almost never returned an exploration to the box until mid-late game, and never in the base game. At the beginning of the game you're not yet committed to anything, so there's always some way to leverage each tile.

Exploring in Eclipse is, in my mind, like drawing your opening hand in a card game.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##Research Advanced Robotics

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretend i did that to be contrary

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

##Research Advanced Robotics
Available Technologies
Advanced Robotics (x2) - You gain an extra action disk.

Tollymain spends 6 - 1 = 5 Research points , and gains an extra action/influence disk.

Action Queue
==>Gutter Owl: Choose action.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Since both of our new players are coming up next, and I've got nothing better to do...

Early Game Tips From A Just-Past-Novice Player[list]
[*]Be mindful of how your actions will affect your Economics at the end of the round. If you're not running a balanced budget, you'll need to substitute that with either money or resources (at a terrible exchange rate). If you can't do that, then you start losing sectors, and that's bad.

This is the only thing I would caveat - while it's very good advice for a new player, once you become more experienced you'll occasionally find that bankrupting yourself to intentionally lose uninhabited sectors can be useful. I would say you probably don't need to worry about that until you've played at least one game though.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

##Explore southeast (II)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
:munch: turn one advanced robo research is legit, it's one of the best techs early

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Especially when you start with enough research to take it without trading.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gutter Owl posted:

##Explore southeast (II)

Alpha Centauri Sector
Sector 201
1 Point
Basic Economic Planet
Basic Mining Planet

Action Queue
==>Gutter Owl: Choose keep or discard. If keep, choose tile orientation and whether or not to influence/use colony ships.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

## Keep. Orientation is moot, so leave as-is. Influence, colonize both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Round 1.2
Game Board

Player Boards

Supply Board

Available Technologies
Military
Plasma Cannon (x2) - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Plasma Cannon tile on your ships.
Advanced Mining (x2) - You may place cubes on the advanced spaces of mining planets you control.

Grid
Gauss Shield - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Gauss Shield tile on your ships.
Tachyon Drive (x2) - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Tachyon Drive tile on your ships.
Antimatter Cannon - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Antimatter Cannon tile on your ships.
Quantum Grid - You gain two extra action disks.

Nano
Nanorobots (x2) - When taking the Build action, you may build one more ship or structure.
Fusion Drive - When using the Upgrade action, you may put the Fusion Drive tile on your ships.
Advanced Robotics - You gain an extra action disk.
Advanced Labs - You may place cubes on the advanced spaces of research planets you control.
Monolith - When taking the build action, you may build Monoliths in sectors you control. (One per sector, worth 3 VP at end of game.)

Action Queue
==>Hra: Choose action.

• Locked thread