Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Lair Flair!

Monstergeddon is my favorite recurring feature, and the world becomes a better place every time there's a new installment. The misadventures of Howard just crack me up.

Somebody please tell me Worm Miller is working on a spinoff book. I'd preorder the hell out of that sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
As soon as "Ted" posted "What is this", I broke out in a great big grin.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Killing the crazy local guy is never a good idea. Every monster hunter who reads the obituary is going to come snooping around.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Unguided posted:

Killing the crazy local guy is never a good idea. Every monster hunter who reads the obituary is going to come snooping around.

This soo much. I heard that one "collecting" guy got his poo poo pushed in by a team of frickin' mercenaries after he tried his luck with a high-profile victim. Yeah, he killed those chumps, but got his lair burned to the ground in the process, was forced to go on the run, and the last time anyone saw him the poor bastard was being stuffed into one of his own torture-boxes by a former victim. Tragic way to go.

(Every time I see a new monstergeddon it instantly cheers my day up. I'll never get tired of the mole-monster getting constantly trounced by alligators, poor wiring, and the homeless)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Senior Woodchuck posted:

As soon as "Ted" posted "What is this", I broke out in a great big grin.

I think this was probably the best Monstergeddon by far.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The slow and shameful fall of Howard has got to be one of the best continued jokes on the front page. Every article it seems it can't get any worse for him, and then the next one comes out and he still ends up worse off. Ted being the most incompetent monster is just icing on the cake.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Howard's suffering is cathartic in a very primal way.

Dracoola posted:

Humans are stupid, but not so stupid that if their cab driver stops the ride short and says "This is as far as I go" that they won't second guess the invitation to my decaying mansion. FML.

This is the single best line I've read in anything since a while.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What type of monster is a BoobPoop? Just a slasher obsessed with slashing busty ladies? The quote is from big lebowski so I can't imagine a monster for this poster.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
For Halloween, the SA Forums should be reskinned as Monstergeddon forums.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Just seconding what everyone else has said about their levels of happiness when they see a Monstergeddon update.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Aw geez, I somehow missed the xmas party special update from before this one until now. It's like two updates in one for me!

Also to weigh in, as a Frankenstein that's only recently gained a new lair, I think the best plan of action to counter-act the local doom-sayer is to maybe force his hand to work against himself. Start spooking him when you get the chance so that he's good and high-strung and seems even crazier when he tries to warn off the teenagers--all they'll want to do is move on the hell away from him and right into your strangling hands* right where you want them. Worst comes to worst, if your reputation keeps people away for a little while, it'll at least affect his gas station or whatnot too, which loony mcnutzoid will surely not keep in good condition, adding to the confusion for who the danger is coming from. Of course, there is a more risky gambit you could try. You could always try to befriend the whacko yourself. If you can pretend to be friendly enough towards him, he might decide he's on your side of matters, only occasionally ranting to strangers about his "only friend", and buttoning his lip when less desirables come around, throwing off your scent. In any case, good luck with your nuisance.

*or whatever your method of choice may be.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

This was excellent, I always look forward to a new Monstergeddon!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

For Halloween, the SA Forums should be reskinned as Monstergeddon forums.

Yes. Yes do this.

EDIT: Or just add a Monstergeddon sub-forum.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I would totally be first in line for that. Though in retrospect, my name/avatar combo is the wrong kind of monster to my actual identity, so it doesn't really work...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Choco1980 posted:

I would totally be first in line for that. Though in retrospect, my name/avatar combo is the wrong kind of monster to my actual identity, so it doesn't really work...

Don't worry, this is a safe space for monsters who identify as totally different monsters.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Is Hell On Wheels, the possessed school bus, male or female? I can't help hearing "Helen Wheels".

Contra
Aug 31, 2003
L(

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Or just add a Monstergeddon sub-forum.

I love this idea.

Contra fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 24, 2014

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
October, aka The Spookening, is coming up. Would be a cool temporary subforum for the month.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I am so hyped for the next Monstergeddon.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

No lie, I would read Monstergeddon every day given the choice.

(I'd also post to it, but then again I'm an irl monster, so ymmv)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Choco1980 posted:

No lie, I would read Monstergeddon every day given the choice.

(I'd also post to it, but then again I'm an irl monster, so ymmv)

Isn't there a monster inside all of us? :yohoho:

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Come on guys, we've got to pitch in to save Howard

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Come on guys, we've got to pitch in to save Howard
I dunno, he's in a good position for Monstergeddon if he ends up in jail since he'll have a lot of captive victims to take revenge on for making him their backdoor bitch

quote:

Look for the Monstergeddon 2014 results on Oct. 29!

gently caress YEAH

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I love there's an "official newsdeader"

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

Oh, gods, I loved this new update. The running gag of Warren-Zevon-quoting werewolves is just about the best thing ever.

Perfect. ::wipes away a tear:: So perfect.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well I know my vote for Keller had nothing to do with Political Correctness... :fap:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

loving Keller-gate loving up my forums

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Monstergeddon continues to be the perfect parody of every forum I've ever posted on.

Lagg
Nov 10, 2005

The wilder the hat, the wilder the man.
Another great one. Love it.

I think Howard will get out when his ex-wife gives him an alibi and he's deeply confused by her helping him out, but she doesn't want to reconcile, yet.

Would like to see one of the Colts post on the forum.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As always Monstergeddon is the best non-parody-review based feature.

Also, the Colts was a Supernatural joke, right?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I thought so. Wonder who there going to kill come Monstergeddon

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well they're right now tight on Keller's tail, but I hope like, she wins come competition night. I like her schtick and hope she doesn't leave us, or at least not for long.

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

And just who IS this new badass they have teamed up with?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Limbo posted:

And just who IS this new badass they have teamed up with?

A trenchcoated angel named Blastiel? :shobon:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tatum Girlparts posted:

A trenchcoated angel named BlastielAngel? :drac:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Choco1980 posted:

Well they're right now tight on Keller's tail, but I hope like, she wins come competition night. I like her schtick and hope she doesn't leave us, or at least not for long.

You just know some one will try to interfere and get destroyed.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The big upside of Howard being in jail is that he can easily rack up the biggest kill count this year by going apeshit on a bunch of unarmed convicts with wolf powers.

I love how all of the characters have developed personalities and backstories too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

pkfan2004 posted:

The big upside of Howard being in jail is that he can easily rack up the biggest kill count this year by going apeshit on a bunch of unarmed convicts with wolf powers.

I love how all of the characters have developed personalities and backstories too.

"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME!"

But less badass and more failure.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

We know Howard can't shift to his wolf form at will; otherwise he wouldn't have had to shoot Masked Slasher. Does he need direct exposure to the light of the full moon in order to change? Because if he's stuck in a cell with no windows he could be totally boned when Monstergeddon rolls around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

This is going to end with Howard winning Monstergeddon and never shutting up about ever isn't it

• Locked thread