Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Not only that, but he's going to claim that he got arrested on purpose for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
And Ted will claim he masterminded the whole thing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
More like Ted will screw up and give away the whole story being fake and how Howard was crying and scared the whole time or something.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

We know Howard can't shift to his wolf form at will; otherwise he wouldn't have had to shoot Masked Slasher. Does he need direct exposure to the light of the full moon in order to change? Because if he's stuck in a cell with no windows he could be totally boned when Monstergeddon rolls around.

from my research watching Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein, werewolves turn even if they can't see the full moon

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Who else wants to see Howard's wife make a move to win Monstergeddon?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
2014 RESULTS ARE IN

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/monstergeddon-results-2014/1/

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

I know someone wrote on the last page that we just had the best update...but now we've had another best update.

And six pages, too!

I wonder how long these can go on, and if it will ever end up resolving itself.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I for one can't wait to meet Howard's wife.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Oh noooo scotty is gonna kill everyone :(

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

That was awesome. Now I'm just upset that it's going to be a long time before the next one. Seriously, why isn't this a regular thing somewhere that he makes tons of money off of?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
i loving love monstergeddon

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Monstergeddon is wonderful. I am always happy when I see a new update.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

ohshitohshitohshit

COULD THIS BE THE END OF MONSTERGEDDON?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I dunno, considering they're both undead now, I can see Scotty and MS going at it a while. This has truly been the year of the Melee here at the 'Geddon. :suspense:

So much controversy, I really really wish the forums had a real home. I would never leave it. (but then, being an irl monster doesn't hurt that feeling)

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I adore Monstergeddon. This better not be the end of it!!

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

I wonder what is going on with LuvsTaKill's tagline (which I assume means "Scotty Gervis for President") spreading to other monsters (UndeadTed and Dogballz69). They seem to be themselves, meaning he has not killed them and posted on their accounts that way, but they don't seem the type to be supportive or ironical about adopting it. I suspect hacking.

In fact, LuvsTaKill may have hacked Deathgirl's information and doxxed her to frame Phantom Menace or others, but knowing what we know about the #KellerGate community/"movement," I doubt that false-flag theory is correct.

Onomarchus fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 29, 2014

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Onomarchus posted:

I wonder what is going on with LuvsTaKill's tagline (which I assume means "Scotty Gervis for President") spreading to other monsters (UndeadTed and Dogballz69). They seem to be themselves, meaning he has not killed them and posted on their accounts that way, but they don't seem the type to be supportive or ironical about adopting it. I suspect hacking.

In fact, LuvsTaKill may have hacked Deathgirl's information and doxxed her to frame Phantom Menace or others, but knowing what we know about the #KellerGate community/"movement," I doubt that false-flag theory is correct.

I think they've been marked for death. Like, he changed their tags to indicate he's going after them next.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Great Caesar's Ghost! I totally didn't notice that until you said something! :ohdear:

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Monstergeddon is the best ongoing front page series.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

I didn't notice that either! I like the "marked for death" theory, but did Scotty just hack into Howard's and Ted's accounts, or did he hack into the whole Monstergeddon database? If the latter, he could have access to everybody's information and whereabouts.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

For the record, everybody thought the idea of a false-front forums for Halloween was really fun, but it was not to be. So because you guys and Monstergeddon and Worm are all so cool I cobbled together the next best things:

1- Inspired by my hero Shmorky, the 2014 Monstergeddon Play-Set!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=89896305515683883514

Using this formatted PSD you can monsterize the forums on Halloween dressed as your favorite Monstergeddon character- every profile from all 16 installments.

Just type whatever goofy bullshit you want to say into the text field, save as a jpg and host the file responsibly, please .

2- A package of other Monstergeddon forum goodies for Halloween.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05594284751576955925

I would totally rock one of the gangtags if I knew how any of this stuff worked. But I don't. I'll let y'all figure it out.

Happy Halloween!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The best line was how they almost disqualified the hive but then realized it was intended as a bribe so they knocked it down to a warning.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

For the record, everybody thought the idea of a false-front forums for Halloween was really fun, but it was not to be. So because you guys and Monstergeddon and Worm are all so cool I cobbled together the next best things:

Using this formatted PSD you can monsterize the forums on Halloween dressed as your favorite Monstergeddon character- every profile from all 16 installments.

Just type whatever goofy bullshit you want to say into the text field, save as a jpg and host the file responsibly, please .

I would totally rock one of the gangtags if I knew how any of this stuff worked. But I don't. I'll let y'all figure it out.

Happy Halloween!

Monstergeddon owns, this owns

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't have this Photoshop thing, so I can't really use any of it. :smith:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't have this Photoshop thing, so I can't really use any of it. :smith:

GIMP is a free alternative and supports PSD files, too

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Baby Babbeh posted:

Monstergeddon is the best ongoing front page series.

Yeah, it really is.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Holy crap that shitstorm in the last two pages. I hope Monstergeddon never dies.

(Also at what point are we going to see an Ash/that guy from Braindead-expy show up and inadvertently slaughter a bunch of ghouls at a cabin with weapons improvised from a toolshed?)

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Happy Halloween!

You are a hero among men monsters. I, too, would be proud to sport a Monstergeddon gangtag.

I'm going to ask for a spoiler here, about Phantom Menace's tag, "hsle l rlj dpncpe xpddlrp." It's not ROT13, and I'm terrible at cryptograms, so won't somebody clue me in, or at least give a hint?

I finally figured out the reference behind Inner Beauty's tag, "Thank you. It was very cold on the floor." It bugged me for the longest time. It's a slightly misquoted line from Futurama, when Hermes puts a brain slug on his head.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I hope this doesn't sound too fannish, but I would squee if we could have Monstergeddon/Night Vale crossover!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

I didn't notice that either! I like the "marked for death" theory, but did Scotty just hack into Howard's and Ted's accounts, or did he hack into the whole Monstergeddon database? If the latter, he could have access to everybody's information and whereabouts.

Just to put on the :tinfoil: for a moment, I'm going to point out an observation. I was looking back over past entries and noticed back last year, in the dating thread everyone's favorite MRA Elevator Ghost, Phantom Menace, declared his intentions to one day haunt the server in revenge after JWhore humiliated him publicly. After that, he suddenly seemed to have a vendetta against the feminist monsters on the board, and is apparently one of the chief opponents in #Kellergate. Also, he's been outed as being able to hack as well. I think it's very possible that he's aligned with the Colts and Scotty Gervis...

EDIT: As a monster irl, I totally am down for that Monstergeddon playset. Now if only someone could tell me how to use the dang thing, that'd be great. Also, I'm totally into MG gangtags.

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 30, 2014

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Monstergeddon is the greatest.

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin
Monstergeddon avatars are available for people who've posted in this thread in the following varieties!

Game Master Loath

Howard

Killer Cup

Kra! Downworlders

Scotty Gervis

Post or PM me to make your request.

Also, there are three Monstergeddon Gang Tag options, so vote on which one you'd like and I'll give them out.

Downworlders

Logo

Scotty Gervis

Happy Halloween, and thanks for supporting Monstergeddon!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

garbage day posted:

Also, there are three Monstergeddon Gang Tag options, so vote on which one you'd like and I'll give them out.

Downworlders

Logo

Scotty Gervis

Happy Halloween, and thanks for supporting Monstergeddon!

Downworlders! Kraaaa!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

garbage day posted:

Downworlders
Kraaa!

Can't help but think there should be a hive related one.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I vote for the traditional cup for the gang tag, but I'll take the downworlders if that wins. To be honest, I don't really like any of the avatar options given though. Gonetopieces kinda is pretty close to my own irl life story, and I like Dracoola's av, but as they're not on the table, I'll probably just go back to Chocula once payday rolls around...

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin

Choco1980 posted:

I vote for the traditional cup for the gang tag, but I'll take the downworlders if that wins. To be honest, I don't really like any of the avatar options given though. Gonetopieces kinda is pretty close to my own irl life story, and I like Dracoola's av, but as they're not on the table, I'll probably just go back to Chocula once payday rolls around...

Anything can happen on Halloween.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Well downworlders I guess.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Going to be boring and vote for the most informative.

Although as an obvious Lovecraftian horror fan, I do have sympathies for those who dwell in the depths... :cthulhu:

Anyway, thank you guys for just doing an amazing job year by year. By far my favorite front page feature, if I haven't already said it enough.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Kra! I stand for the downworlders!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

garbage day posted:

Downworlders

Though I'd also be okay with something Werewolves of London related.

• Locked thread