Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should this card have been canceled?
This poll is closed.
No way the fighters worked and trained too hard 23 27.71%
Yes I am not paying for this 60 72.29%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
I feel sean shelby will book something stupid like soto vs barao, but really barao with his record and history will always be a contender much like faber. I'd say book soto vs winner of cruz v mizugaki, if soto beats that winner, then do barao v soto for a title shot. Dillashaw should face Assunscao next so that should let some dust settle with contenders.
edit: this doesn't mean soto showed he should have been a contender but promotion wise, he did just get koed in the 5th against the champ in a VERY short notice fight, that should do something to your stock rankings(internal)-wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
TJ through-out was obviously the better of the two, but I mean this fight basically showed what happens when you aren't tailoring drilling routines or strategies around a fighters particular strengths. TJ showed he was the better wrestler with his scrambles defense and even takedowns but without having someone study tape and what not about a persons game off of their back he'd probably just rather not risk staying in guard too much.

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

The reason is because by the fifth round we've all mentally accepted that the fight is going the distance. Even in these last two TJ Dillashaw fights where he's beating the poo poo out of his opponent for 4 rounds straight, it's still unexpected. And then you have other 5th round stoppages like the Anderson/Chael one that make your mind explode.

Nah setting Soto up for a rematch with TJ anytime soon again would be a waste of time. If Soto got knocked out in 30 seconds there would be an argument that he didn't have a fair fight, but over the 23 minutes of the fight you saw most of his skill and how it stood up to TJ. Not bad, but not outstanding or anything.

I agree but it also sets an important prescedent for the boys willing to step up and be company men, you help out and at least not get humiliated you should go up a few more rungs of the ladder than you normally would.

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
cruz tj would be the best dance off fight we've ever witnessed and regardless of my previous opinions I would also be very down to see that poo poo.
ps. I'd love to see a mortal kombat "finish him" gif of the finish of dillashaw soto plz

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
cept that dude from nova uniao that died that one time.

• Locked thread