Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

I still don't see why people dislike Dodo so much while liking someone like, say, Vicki who, despite having watched all of her serials, I can't remember doing anything at all.

Vicki was basically Susan 2.0 only the writers actually gave her things to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

We ever getting that Peter Jackson directed (or written, whatever, I don't remember) episode during Capaldis run or are we still waiting to find out when that's going to be?

he's probably been too busy with all that Hobbit junk, buuuut he'll also be finished with that at the end of the year (unless he'll be supervising the inevitable deluge of home video re-releases)

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

It helps that people tend to forget that Hartnell wasn't as old and frail as he played the character to be (he was only 55 when he started, after all), so he would sort of use that to his advantage and occasionally be way more spry than he looked like he was capable of being (like when he gets in the fight with that dude in The Romans).

I've been doing a classic series watch, about halfway through The Dalek Master Plan so far, and the interrogation scene in The Space Museum has been my favorite Hartnell moment so far.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Man, I'd be waaay more hype for Robot of Sherwood if it was Shearman writing it you have no loving idea.

Rob Shearman - Jacqueline Rayner, really - writing a story about the Doctor and his companion meeting a pseudo-historical mythic figure where the Doctor's being critical of "history" and legends while the companion has their own preconceptions? That's like the cool "history" bits of Jubilee meets the premise of The Marian Conspiracy! It'd be incredible!

But instead Mark Gatiss wrote it. I haven't seen the workprint or read the script but there's no way that isn't a tremendous waste of story potential.

I'd say a pretty massive chunk of DW is wasted story potential, honestly.

In a perfect world a story where the Doctor meets a semi-fictional character like Robin Hood would be as weird/meta as The Mind Robber but that would never happen.

edit:

The_Doctor posted:

So, who wants some Target novels? I've got a box of them here in my storage unit gathering dust. I was thinking I'll throw some in envelopes for the first 10 people (US only) who email me?

Doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail.com

Emailed!

Tim Burns Effect fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 3, 2014

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Plavski posted:

The Doctor and Charley are performed wonderfully, no doubt about it, but it's so loving boring. It's full of waffle and padding...

You're really not gonna like Zagreus then...

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Big Finish's "Tom Baker at 80" is out now if any of you guys were interested in that. It's as enjoyable as you would expect a two hour Tom Baker interview to be. :allears:

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Oh, here we go

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Trin Tragula posted:

So I've got a question. Has anyone else noticed ever that one of Rose's denim jackets has a random cock and balls on the back shoulder?

What's that all about? Costume designer having a giggle? I can't look at anything else while it's on screen.

Autonomous Monster posted:

That's an eagle, son.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Finally got around to giving the first series of Big Finish's Fourth Doctor Adventures that I picked up in the sale a few weeks ago and man they are an absolute blast. "Destination Nerva" was a bit of a bumpy start but I found myself with a big dumb grin on my face during the majority of "The Renaissance Man". Now I just need to decide if I want to get Series 2 first or Philip Hinchcliffe Presents next (my wallet :negative: )

Tim Burns Effect fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 5, 2014

• Locked thread