Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

SiKboy posted:

Also if he meets robin hood, I'm hoping he then goes on to meet merlin and then the 3 musketeers, just do a tour of all the BBCs "Doctor who slot" shows.

Meet Merlin? Who do you think Merlin was? Timeless magician turning up out-of-the-blue (box) and manipulating history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Jerusalem posted:

This actually happens in Battlefield, the villain says that despite changing his face she still recognizes him as Merlin, and the Doctor figures out that she was defeated earlier in her life by an incarnation later in his own!

Unless it was the Meta-Crisis Doctor on his way to locking himself into a tree to get away from Rose....

I only have a passing knowledge of the McCoy years and even less knowledge of the desert years between. McCoy was my Doctor so maybe I always have that manipulative personality at the front of my mind.

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Autonomous Monster posted:

I don't know if you've ever seen John Boorman's Excalibur (which I adore), but the Merlin Nicol Williamson plays in that might as well be the (10th? 11th?) Doctor in personality as well, chewing any scenery in sight and bouncing around like an overexcited child. It's great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjsiGd8iAfs

Has made its way onto my iPod.

• Locked thread