Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:siren: FX has almost certainly changed the name of this show and broken all your season passes again. Don't forget to make a new one. :siren:

Teaser Videos
Admit One
Lick
Spotlight
Caged
Head to Toe
Open Wide
Twisted Smile
Sword Swallower
Big and Small
Peek A Boo
Extremes
Twisted Swinger
Back to Back
Two-Faced
Tweaked Clown
Trapeze
Warped
Let It Out
Strange Twist
Hand in Hand

Trailers:
Voyeur
Opening Night

American Horror Story is an anthology series created by Ryan Murphy. Each season is a self-contained storyline, a pastiche of forms and genres found in western-style horror.

American Horror Story: Freak Show takes place in Florida in 1952, focusing on one of the last remaining true freak shows in America. Jessica Lange plays Elsa Mars, the manager of a troupe including Sarah Paulson as a pair of conjoined twins, Kathy Bates as a bearded lady, Michael Chiklis as a strongman, Angela Bassett, Emma Roberts, Frances Conroy, and other reappearing and new faces. There will also be a killer clown, played by John Carroll Lynch. This will also most likely be the last season of Horror Story to feature Jessica Lange, so let's hope she gets a worthy sendoff and not a repeat of last year.

AHS: Freak Show will premiere on October 8, 2014.

Previously on American Horror Story:

Season 3: Coven

The third installment of American Horror Story told the tale of a group of witches living covertly in the guise of a girls' boarding school in modern-day New Orleans. They are the last descendants of the coven which had been forced to relocate after their persecution in the Salem witch trials. Under the tenure of harried headmistress Cordelia Foxx (Sarah Paulson), the school's power and attendance have declined in recent years, until the current class consists of just four students- Hollywood airhead Madison (Emma Roberts), who's telekinetic, sassy BAP Queenie (Gabourey Sidibe), who can use her own body as a voodoo doll, Downs-afflicted bookworm Nan (Jamie Brewer), who's clairvoyant, and quiet and overwhelmed Zoe (Taissa Farmiga), who has the unfortunate power to cause any man who penetrates her to instantly die of a massive hemorrhage. But the school year is disrupted shortly after it begins by the appearance of Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange), an energetic and bullheaded woman who happens to be both the most powerful witch of this generation and also Cordelia's mother. Her careless schemes result in the reigniting of a centuries-old war with the local voodoo clan, led by Marie Laveau (Angela Basset), and touch off power struggles and intrigue within the school itself. This season was presented as more light and comedic than earlier ones, but turned out fraught with problems, mostly stemming from its inability to focus and construct compelling arcs. The always-impeccable production design, cinematography, and performances sink into an increasingly incoherent story that rarely manages to maintain tension or even proceed towards a consistent narrative goal, until not even an immortal racist forced to watch Roots, Danny Huston as a romantic axe murder, or a character screaming "BALENCIAGA!" while being burned at the stake can save it. It can still be appreciated as camp with the right mindset but it's a big step down from the year before; much like later seasons of Glee it is far too Ryan Murphy for its own good.

Coven was nominated for 14 Emmy awards and won 4 of them- Outstanding Costumes (Miniseries), Oustanding Hairstyling (Miniseries), Oustanding Supporting Actress (Miniseries) for Kathy Bates, and Outstanding Lead Actress(Miniseries) for Jessica Lange.

Season 2: Asylum

The second installment of American Horror Story focused on the goings-on at Briarcliff, a mental asylum in 1964 Massachusetts ruled with an iron fist by Sister Jude (Jessica Lange), and the repercussions of those events in the present day. Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson), an ambitious journalist and secret lesbian, tries to infiltrate the asylum to expose the horrors perpetrated upon the inmates and investigate the serial killer Bloody Face, but she's quickly discovered and trapped in a hellish nightmare of crazed lunatics, psychological torment, evil spirits, cannibal mutants, Nazi doctors, religious zealotry, and alien abduction. Any one of these elements would be enough for most horror stories, but Asylum smashed them all together and hurled them out of the screen with a manic, almost vicious intensity, bringing us such wonders as Adam Levine getting his arm ripped off in the middle of a blowjob, Ian McShane playing a psychotic spree-killing Santa Claus, and Zachary Quinto moaning the line "Baby needs colostrum" before latching onto an unwilling tit. It's Ryan Murphy turned up to 11 and unconstrained by any semblance of reality and it was glorious.

Asylum was nominated for 17 Emmy awards and won 2 of them, including Outstanding Supporting Actor (Miniseries) for James Cromwell.

Season 1: Murderhouse

The first installment of American Horror Story followed the story of the Harmons (Ben, Vivien, and Violet, portrayed by Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, and Taissa Farmiga), a family strained almost to the breaking point by infidelity who seek a fresh start by moving into a massive, picturesque house in Los Angeles. Unfortunately for them the house comes with a long and bloody history that has led to it being haunted by an enormous population of ghosts who all hate each other, from the drug-addled surgeon to the cutely combative gay couple to the troubled teen who just might be a mass murderer to the anonymous man in the latex gimp suit to the flesh-eating goblin in the basement. The resulting twelve-episode clusterfuck became one of the more memorable experiences of the 2011 season.

Murderhouse was nominated for 17 Emmy awards and won 2 of them, including Outstanding Supporting Actress (Miniseries) for Jessica Lange.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ground floor of what will surely be an amazon sideshow shitshow.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Episode titles for the first five episodes. No idea if they're legit or not.

Episode 4.01 - “Monsters Among Us” (08-Oct-2014)
Episode 4.02 - “Massacres and Matinees” (15-Oct-2014)
Episode 4.03 - “Edward Mordrake, Pt. 1” (22-Oct-2014)
Episode 4.04 - “Edward Mordrake, Pt. 2” (29-Oct-2014)
Episode 4.05 - “Pink Cupcakes” (05-Nov-2014)

Calling it now, the Edward Mordrake episodes deal with one of the conjoined twins killing (or trying to kill) the other.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm going to do what I should have done last year and walk away after the first episode if I am not entertained. Last year I kept thinking I saw hints of promise and then got pulled along far enough that eventually I was going, "Well, I might as well finish it." Coven made this show burn it's second, third, and forth chances with me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Random Stranger posted:

I'm going to do what I should have done last year and walk away after the first episode if I am not entertained. Last year I kept thinking I saw hints of promise and then got pulled along far enough that eventually I was going, "Well, I might as well finish it." Coven made this show burn it's second, third, and forth chances with me.
Yeah, same here. Well, I might give it 2 episodes, but I watched all of Coven hoping it would get better and it just never did. Murder House and Asylum had me hooked from the very first episode and never let me go, so Freak Show should do the same or else I'm dropping it instead of subjecting myself to another season full of mediocrity with a couple great moments here and there.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It really seems like each season has been a step down from the very start. Hopefully this is a return to form (or at least better than than coven, the lowest of low bars to set)
Granted, given the premise, I'm not sure I would count on it. The first season was really original and unpredictable and exciting. The others feel a lot more by the numbers (in that they take the formula the discovered for the first season and attempt to transplant the weird twists and horror tropes). What I'm saying is they seem to be missing the point of what really made the first and (for me, to a lesser extent) second seasons worthwhile tv.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
S2 was just as great as S1, but very different.

Coven was just poo poo.

katium
Jun 26, 2006

Purrs like a kitten.
It's unfortunate Coven was so bad, but I am hoping this new season will make up for it. Agree that the first two seasons were great.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Here's hoping Ryan Murphy has as little script control as possible. He's great for getting these left-of-centre shows going before he ruins them with his lack of storytelling ability.

Misty Day was the best part of Coven. Apart from her rubbish death.

Murderhouse was great but Asylum was an amazing, brutal clusterfuck.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I'm trying to be optimistic and look forward to this, I really am. That poster looks great and I hope they'll take the always-good design and costuming aesthetic in a more colorful 1950's direction after all the "wear something black" last season.

Actually, I hope they take the everything in a better direction, after all the everything last season. That was bad. But I'm trying to have faith that they can pull this off. I'm pretty curious how Sarah Paulson's two heads are going to work-- that seems like the kind of effect that could either be really good or really terrible and cheesy (although with American Horror Story, I almost think they could make 'really cheesy' work somehow).

But whatever happens, we'll always have Asylum.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Mentioned this last thread, but Funko has a set of AHS vinyl figures out (mostly Coven ladies.)

I have more confidence in Freak Show because a) it's a period piece again and b) the cast is more diverse, their anomalies hopefully providing more emotional involvement than the girls and their random powers.

I guess the only thing I'm a bit wary on is, I'm not quite what the conflict will be regarding the supernatural. We know about a killer clown and that's about it. Unless Elsa makes a habit of forcing people to become freaks through unscrupulous means.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
No Asylum ones? That seems strange.

Dammit, now I want a bobblehead Sister Jude.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

OmegaBR posted:

I guess the only thing I'm a bit wary on is, I'm not quite what the conflict will be regarding the supernatural.

They are a human freakshow circus in a world where apes took over. Apes and dolphins.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I won't deny that Murderhouse and Asylum probably a notch or two higher overall, but man I loved Coven. You gotta remember these shows are coming from the same guy who brought us Glee and Nip/Tuck. I wouldn't be surprised if last season was closer to his pop/trash vision of the series than the others.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I loved Murderhouse and Asylum so i'm getting really disheartened about watching Coven and Freakshow. I will still check it out but not what I wanted to see said about them.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

petewhitley posted:

I won't deny that Murderhouse and Asylum probably a notch or two higher overall, but man I loved Coven. You gotta remember these shows are coming from the same guy who brought us Glee and Nip/Tuck. I wouldn't be surprised if last season was closer to his pop/trash vision of the series than the others.
The fact that a show came from some guy who made some other show doesn't excuse it if it's poorly plotted, drawn out and ghastly boring.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I loved Murderhouse and Asylum so i'm getting really disheartened about watching Coven and Freakshow. I will still check it out but not what I wanted to see said about them.

Nobody knows how Freakshow is. Don't let the shitshow we all know Coven was ruin your impression of Freakshow (when it comes out).

Let Freakshow exist right now in its own space - free from the expectation of failure and shame. When it finally airs, THEN you can judge it like an old testament god.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

Nobody knows how Freakshow is. Don't let the shitshow we all know Coven was ruin your impression of Freakshow (when it comes out).

Two points:

One: The one unique thing about this show is if they have a horribly lovely train wreck of a season.. they can drop it like a rock and try again. They're not saddled by continuity and there's no reason for them to get dragged down the Heroes rabbit hole of getting more and more insanely dumb with each passing episode as it all starts piling up like a car wreck. There is zero reason they cannot do another great season with no ties to last year's garbage.

Two: Coven did way too well in the ratings so I half think they're going to learn all the wrong drat lessons.

... that said, is the lead writing staff the same? I sure as hell hope not!

ED: Coven seemed like it had an identity crisis from the start, literally kicking off as Professor Xavier's School of Hogwarts, where you can minor in one-off vagina murder as a superpower. It seemed like a show where six people had six visions and they threw all of them in a blender. Hell at times it turned into a virtual comedy and forgot it even had horror in the title most of the time. I'm glad Kathy Bates won an award despite the writers trying to poo poo on her character as much as possible, that said.

petewhitley posted:

I don't know how anyone could love Coven. I'm not opposed to camp stuff, but every single episode was could have had an audio track consisting of a deflating balloon.

Major characters killed off-screen with no fanfare. Big plot points (like the Minotaur from the intro): Dropped in seconds. People who can't remember they have powers every time they need them, like Captain Planet. A "school" where everyone just wanders around doing whatever the gently caress they want to for weeks at a time. An attempt to push a "WHO IS THE NEXT SUPREME?" plot nobody cared about. Surprise, witch hunters! Surprise, they're dead! We're going to have a war with voodoo and-- oh now we're pals. Oh hey character trapped in hell we've wasted time on all season, to shoehorn in Stevie Nix! Oh hey a cool scene an-- oh it's a dream. Hey the racist is really going through a redemption arc to learn-- oh wait she's evil. Let's make a deal with some voodoo deity and-- oh wait, he's not interested. Oh hey obvious supreme woman is the supreme WHAT A TWIST. Time to burn someone because of a poorly defined society with zero establishment. Absolutely no consequences for anything past what amounts to a completely random suicide by burning.

Oh, and SURPRISE BEE ATTACK!

THE END.

^
Does that sound like the ranting of a drunken madman? That's pretty much the whole of season 3. Anyone reading this thread and joining AHS, watch 1 & 2. Skip 3. 3 has nice production values but holy poo poo did it have some of the worst writing I've seen in a decade. Every single plot went nowhere, amounted to nothing, and probably contradicted both the universe rules and characters from each previous episode.

Quick test for if a show is bad retroactively: Halfway through the season does a single major plot thread remain from the first episode? No? Well unless it's a total 180 Dusk 'Til Dawn style thing, your show is probably pure poo poo.

ED: I still hold the first 3-4 episodes were an utterly blatant attempt at making the X-Women, reenforced by their plans at the time to make a regular show from that season. 90% of Lang's early dialogue could have come straight out of Ian McKellan's mouth. "There's a storm coming and they will come for those who are different! We must be ready!" Also the main character was such a Rogue rip-off I think Marvel/Sony could win a lawsuit, if they cared, until they abruptly changed her character entirely and ultimately rendered her entirely pointless.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 31, 2014

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Blazing Ownager posted:

I don't know how anyone could love Coven. I'm not opposed to camp stuff, but every single episode was could have had an audio track consisting of a deflating balloon.

Major characters killed off-screen with no fanfare. Big plot points (like the Minotaur from the intro): Dropped in seconds. People who can't remember they have powers every time they need them, like Captain Planet. A "school" where everyone just wanders around doing whatever the gently caress they want to for weeks at a time. An attempt to push a "WHO IS THE NEXT SUPREME?" plot nobody cared about. Surprise, witch hunters! Surprise, they're dead! We're going to have a war with voodoo and-- oh now we're pals. Oh hey character trapped in hell we've wasted time on all season, to shoehorn in Stevie Nix! Oh hey a cool scene an-- oh it's a dream. Hey the racist is really going through a redemption arc to learn-- oh wait she's evil. Let's make a deal with some voodoo deity and-- oh wait, he's not interested. Oh hey obvious supreme woman is the supreme WHAT A TWIST. Time to burn someone because of a poorly defined society with zero establishment. Absolutely no consequences for anything.

I'd add something about the blandest central character imaginable and her relationship with Frankenstein gently caress-doll guy who kills sometimes but whatever, nobody really cares.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd add something about the blandest central character imaginable and her relationship with Frankenstein gently caress-doll guy who kills sometimes but whatever, nobody really cares.

Can't forget at the end when he holds the second most powerful witch in the house, who is only ONE power short from supreme (and a poo poo power it is overall), gets held down and strangled by him.

I still hold when he tried that, he should have been thrown into the ceiling and turned into meat confetti. The character he was killing sure wouldn't have had a problem with it and had more than enough power to actually do that, too. [ED: Or she could have just mind controlled him, which they established she could do utterly effortlessly 15 loving minutes ago. ]

Yes, Coven couldn't even remember continuity for 15 Goddamn minutes.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 31, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Goddamn what a loving horrible, messy season that was.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Drifter posted:

The fact that a show came from some guy who made some other show doesn't excuse it if it's poorly plotted, drawn out and ghastly boring.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Does that sound like the ranting of a drunken madman? That's pretty much the whole of season 3. Anyone reading this thread and joining AHS, watch 1 & 2. Skip 3. 3 has nice production values but holy poo poo did it have some of the worst writing I've seen in a decade. Every single plot went nowhere, amounted to nothing, and probably contradicted both the universe rules and characters from each previous episode.

Well for one it's a matter of opinion that Coven was ghastly boring, but my point is, these other things are the hallmarks of a Ryan Murphy production. He produces car-crash television, designed to explode at the end of each episode leaving you salivating for the next. He's no auteur (I will say I also outright love both Glee and Nip/Tuck however). If anything, the first two seasons of this show were most likely an anomaly. I fully expect this season to be just as disjointed as the last; as I watched last season unfold it made perfect sense that finally this guy was running wild with his true vision of an "American Horror Story". Those first couple seasons were great too though, if he can recapture that spirit in Freak Show I'm all for it. I'm the kind of person who fortunately enjoys the usual disposable TV he creates.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Major characters killed off-screen with no fanfare. Big plot points (like the Minotaur from the intro): Dropped in seconds. People who can't remember they have powers every time they need them, like Captain Planet. A "school" where everyone just wanders around doing whatever the gently caress they want to for weeks at a time. An attempt to push a "WHO IS THE NEXT SUPREME?" plot nobody cared about. Surprise, witch hunters! Surprise, they're dead! We're going to have a war with voodoo and-- oh now we're pals. Oh hey character trapped in hell we've wasted time on all season, to shoehorn in Stevie Nix! Oh hey a cool scene an-- oh it's a dream. Hey the racist is really going through a redemption arc to learn-- oh wait she's evil. Let's make a deal with some voodoo deity and-- oh wait, he's not interested. Oh hey obvious supreme woman is the supreme WHAT A TWIST. Time to burn someone because of a poorly defined society with zero establishment. Absolutely no consequences for anything past what amounts to a completely random suicide by burning.

Oh, and SURPRISE BEE ATTACK!

Don't forget going on CNN to reveal to the world that witches exist in order to boost their numbers, because with one sect of witch hunters and voodoo practitioners each dead, they couldn't possibly face any other entities who might want to kill or shun them.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I just noticed that Angela Bassett has three boobs in that poster.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
All this talk of how horrible Coven was and nothing about Nan's entire "arc" and bleach enemas?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

TheBizzness posted:

All this talk of how horrible Coven was and nothing about Nan's entire "arc" and bleach enemas?

If you want us to talk specifics about why each and every part was poo poo we...nobody has that kind of time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

OmegaBR posted:

Don't forget going on CNN to reveal to the world that witches exist in order to boost their numbers, because with one sect of witch hunters and voodoo practitioners each dead, they couldn't possibly face any other entities who might want to kill or shun them.

Considering what they did to the people who came after them, there was absolutely no reason for them to be in hiding anyway. I mean, they probably should have kept hiding since each and every character, including the "good" ones, had about a double digit body count of innocent victims by the end the series and they should have at the very least gone to prison, but the narrative structure of the world gave no justification beyond it being a thing that also was done in other really bad genre fiction.

It really can't be understated what a complete shitstorm the plotting in Coven was. I felt bad for the cast since they had a lot of terrific actresses (and more than their fair share of awful ones) who were all completely wasted on the material.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Can we keep it that way?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

It really can't be understated what a complete shitstorm the plotting in Coven was. I felt bad for the cast since they had a lot of terrific actresses (and more than their fair share of awful ones) who were all completely wasted on the material.

Myrtle Snow had the power to compel people to tell the truth and unless Nan's supposed to be the first clairvoyant ever, it's an established thing, yet she couldn't do anything with knowing Fiona murdered the former supreme for 40 years or knowing about the conspiracy or whatever Quentin/Cecily had for her indefinitely. Witches are sentenced to burn at the stake if they harm other witches, but nobody cares about Madison burying Misty alive beyond cheering on Misty in a pushing match between them. zzz

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
This show has given us crywanking and Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss. I like this show and look forward to saying What the gently caress? while watching it.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

rejutka posted:

This show has given us crywanking and Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss. I like this show and look forward to saying What the gently caress? while watching it.

Don't forget "Hell is knotty pine?"! The delivery on that line was absolutely loving gold and made me laugh so hard it bought tears to my eyes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rejutka posted:

And "Show me your mossy bank". Every season had a couple of lines and moments that were pure gold, the first two just put them in a context that held up its end of the bargain.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Oh, is there any news on Lily Rabe or any particular reason she's not attached to the promotional material? It would be a huge bummer if she isn't at least in a S1-type minor role, she was my favorite part of Asylum and a silver lining of Coven.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Head to Toe

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Frankly, there were a lot of good moments in Coven, and the Queenie/LaLaurie relationship really stood out. It's just that the overall plot couldn't decide where to go or what it wanted to be, and that led to constant lacks of basic logic and enjoyable payoff.

Asylum had a ton of different elements that didn't always work well together, and I'll be the first to admit most of the storylines ended in a totally flat and unsatisfying manner. But at least it had a clear, contained theme of the asylum and getting out of it, from which you could spawn the escape of Lana and Kit, the descent of Jude, the deviancy of the monsignor, the possession of Mary Eunice, Arden's madness, etc.

The girls of Coven all different aims the entire time, and were only forcefully united at the end when the Seven Wonders and the question of who was the new Supreme, which really should have been the central plot all along, came back around.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
The teaser trailers are the best part of this show, I can't wait until the next ones come out!

I liked the other three-legged teaser better. The one with the trapeze artist.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

rejutka posted:

Look awaaaay look away look awaaaay, Dixie Land.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I was hospitalized for the duration of Coven, and one of my regular nurses kept talking excitedly about it, saying it was her favorite season yet. Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I thought it was a just fine addition to the series. I think all three had somewhat flat resolutions, although season 1 was by far the least so.

Regardless, counting the days 'til Freak Show starts.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

criscodisco posted:

I was hospitalized for the duration of Coven, and one of my regular nurses kept talking excitedly about it, saying it was her favorite season yet. Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I thought it was a just fine addition to the series. I think all three had somewhat flat resolutions, although season 1 was by far the least so.

Regardless, counting the days 'til Freak Show starts.

Well, if you were hospitalized, then even the worst thing (coven) was probably better than lying in bed intubated at both ends, hoping you don't contract MRSA.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Drifter posted:

Well, if you were hospitalized, then even the worst thing (coven) was probably better than lying in bed intubated at both ends, hoping you don't contract MRSA.

Well, the hospital didn't have FX so I didn't see it until I got out, but I was intubated in every meaning of the word.

They just had the major networks plus Nickelodeon, USA and TNT, so maybe I was just so looking forward to a TV fix that I was willing to settle for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Oh good it wasn't just me. I got bored half way through coven and gave up, having really enjoyed Murderhouse and loving ADORED Asylum. For Freakshow, I think I'll do a big on-demand of the full season if it gets goon approval, and just not bother if you guys don't like it. Same as I'm doing for Homeland.

Dexter season 8 may have been the worst thing ever to happen to TV, but it sure taught me that it's OK just to walk away (firmly cemented by Sons of Anarchy's continued descent into terribleness, reading the hate-watch summaries from the thread is better than watching the show these days)

• Locked thread