Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
.5 PPR
Crabtree @ Dallas
Colston @ Atlanta

Leaning towards Crabtree but really don't have a clue.

For TE
Rudolph @ St Louis
Miller vs Cleveland

Was leaning towards Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
You're fine on both. I expect good things out of Rudolph but Week 1 against STL may not be the best time.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
PPR- Gronk or Pitta at TE?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

The SituAsian posted:

PPR- Gronk or Pitta at TE?

I was planning on starting Gronk but now I'm getting nervous about him actually playing. When would they likely announce it?

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

MrSargent posted:

I was planning on starting Gronk but now I'm getting nervous about him actually playing. When would they likely announce it?

The Patriots are always terrible with injury updates but I would start him and then double check right before kickoff.

Another TE question: (standard scoring) Kyle Rudolph vs. St Louis or Ladarius Green vs. Arizona (now that Gates is questionable with a hamstring injury)

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Gronk made the team flight. That's as good an indicator as any that he'll start. Even if they manage his snaps, he'll still be a huge red zone target so start him without worry in all leagues.

Faltese Malkin posted:

Another TE question: (standard scoring) Kyle Rudolph vs. St Louis or Ladarius Green vs. Arizona (now that Gates is questionable with a hamstring injury)
I'd go Rudolph. Norv is reliable about using his TEs. I wouldn't want to find out Monday night that Gates is still playing.

Need to decide on a Flex option. Standard scoring.
Zach Ertz vs. JAC
Justin Hunter vs. KC

I'm leaning Hunter because I might need a home run here. I don't have a good idea what Ertz's upside is like in this first week.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Varg posted:

Gore/Fitz or Gore/Mathews.. Dallas defense sucks and they should still feed Gore.

Ball/Bush is probably my choice there..but that's really a tough call. I think you have the WR's right.

I have a few choices to make

10 team - standard

Jay Cutler vs Buf or
Philip Rivers @ Ari

pick 1 Flex:
Pierre Garcon @ Hou
Mike Evans vs Car
Brandin Cooks @ Atl
Jordan Matthews vs Jac
Jeremy Hill @ Bal
Bishop Sankey @ KC

I want to start Cooks over Garcon, tell me that's dumb?

--------------------

10 team - standard

Nick Foles vs Jac
Jay Cutler vs Buf

pick 1 RB, 1 Flex:
DeMarco Murray vs SF
Joique Bell vs NYG
Rashad Jennings @ Det
Maurice Jones-Drew @ NYJ
Cordarrelle Patterson @ StL

--------------------

12 team - 1 PPR

pick 1 Flex:

Emmanuel Sanders vs Ind
Maurice Jones-Drew @ NYJ
Jonathan Dwyer vs SD (drat you Ellington)
Mark Ingram @ Atl

I would start Jennings over Bell in the second league. Don't start Cooks over Garcon. Cooks may very well hit this year, bu rookie WRs are dodgy.

Heisenator
Mar 30, 2010
With Ellington still uncertain, looking for a flex in a 0.5ppr league.

RB T. Gerhart @ PHI
RB S. Jackson vs NO
WR K. Benjamin @ TB
WR P. Garcon @ HOU
WR K. Wright @ KC

Any advice?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gerhart

Wright if you're feeling frisky.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So now Gates is questionable for the Chargers game. I have Travis Kelce and Ladarius Green, who do I start since I need to make the call before the injury report is out for SD? .5 PPR.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MrSargent posted:

GF is asking for some advice if Andre Ellington ends up not playing this week. My thoughts are its between Moreno and Ridley, but I think Moreno will have a higher volume of carries. Lineup is listed below, I thought all of her other starters looked good.

QB Andrew Luck, Ind QB
RB Andre Ellington, Ari RB
RB C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
WR Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
WR Alshon Jeffery, Chi WR
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
FLEX Doug Martin, TB RB
D/ST Chiefs D/ST D/ST
K Phil Dawson, SF K

BENCH

Julian Edelman, NE WR
Stevan Ridley, NE RB
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Knowshon Moreno, Mia
Dwayne Bowe, KC WR SSPD
Mark Ingram, NO RB
Tavon Austin, StL WR

Think this got lost from earlier. Another option I thought would be for her to drop someone on her bench and pick up Jonathan Dwyer, which would give her more time to see if Ellington will be playing. Not sure who to drop but I think it would be between Tavon Austin and Mark Ingram.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Rashad Jennings or Ingram for my rb2? Normally I'd be all about Jennings but that Atl defense...

Edit: ppr.

ForbiddenWonder fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 7, 2014

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Tony Romo is definitely definitely playing right? I waited way too long to draft a quarterback in one of my leagues and Romo is my QB1. Yes.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
For my flex: CJ Spiller, M. Jones-Drew, Kelvin Benjamin, Jonathan Stewart or Mike Evans? Standard NFL rules, no PPR

I'm thinking spiller, should that be really obvious?

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 7, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Think this got lost from earlier. Another option I thought would be for her to drop someone on her bench and pick up Jonathan Dwyer, which would give her more time to see if Ellington will be playing. Not sure who to drop but I think it would be between Tavon Austin and Mark Ingram.

Moreno; Austin.

zimbomonkey posted:

For my flex: CJ Spiller, M. Jones-Drew, Kelvin Benjamin, Jonathan Stewart or Mike Evans? Standard NFL rules, no PPR

I could see the argument for MJD as well. The Spiller situation needs clarity, which you won't get until after Week 1.

Ogmius815 posted:

Tony Romo is definitely definitely playing right? I waited way too long to draft a quarterback in one of my leagues and Romo is my QB1. Yes.

Yes.

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Rashad Jennings or Ingram for my rb2? Normally I'd be all about Jennings but that Atl defense...

Edit: ppr.

Jennings.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Standard Yahoo scoring

Flex option with Ellington injury lingering over my head;

SJAX
Wallace
Jordan Matthews

or

Go with Ellington and hope for the best

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
given your other options id probably grab dwyer and sub him if ellington cant go. he sucks rear end but he will get goal line work and the most carries against sam diegos crappy d

seeenkly
Jan 22, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

CJ Spiller will probably get the most production so I'd pick him too.

Pick my RB this week, I'm torn. I'm going to have to pick between these guys all season:

Darren Sproles vs. Jac
Lamar Miller vs. NE
Chris Ivory vs. Oak

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Does Vernon Davis or Jason Witten have a bigger game this week?

They play each other in Dallas. I'm arguing Dallas will have to throw a lot to have a chance. Friend is arguing that Dallas had the among the worst D of all time last year and any time SF is in the red zone they will go to Davis.

Note I don't own both these guys it just came up and I couldn't think of a better place to ask.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Here's one that probably hasn't been asked -

Carr vs NY Jets
Fitzpatrick vs Washington

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Timett posted:

Does Vernon Davis or Jason Witten have a bigger game this week?

They play each other in Dallas. I'm arguing Dallas will have to throw a lot to have a chance. Friend is arguing that Dallas had the among the worst D of all time last year and any time SF is in the red zone they will go to Davis.

Note I don't own both these guys it just came up and I couldn't think of a better place to ask.

Crabtree is questionable for tomorrow. If he doesn't play, Davis gets more attention from kaep maybe. Also, Witten will face a good D while Davis faces a bad D.

On the other hand, if SF gets out ahead (and it should), they may lean more heavily on a running game, in which case Davis could wind up not doing much in the second half.

I'd call it a coin flip.

e. In an all-IDP league, I have Jon Beason (NYG - LB), who is listed as Questionable. It's likely he won't see a full workload in Monday night's game.

I could swap him for Kevin Minter (ARI - LB), who is also playing Monday night.

OR, I could move either of my LBs running in flex D slots - Lavonte David or Jerod Mayo - and then put LaRon Landry (IND - S) or Brandon Flowers (SD - CB) into one of the D slots.

I prefer to run LBs in general, but the scoring in this league is adjusted so that they're not that much better than other positions, hopefully.

So who do you like most? Jon Beason with a questionable injury, Kevin Minter, LaRon Landry, or Brandon Flowers?

Here's the scoring:
pre:
Defensive Players 	League Value 	Yahoo Default Value
Tackle Solo 		1.5 		1
Tackle Assist 		.75 		0.5
Sack 			3.5 		2
Interception 		5 		3
Fumble Force 		3.5 		2
Fumble Recovery 	3.5 		2
Defensive Touchdown 	6 		-
Safety 			4 		2
Pass Defended 		3 		1
Block Kick 		5 		2
Tackles for Loss 	2 		0

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 7, 2014

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
.5ppr,

My flex position

Sankey vs KC
Rashad Jennings vs DET

and same .5ppr

My WR

James Jones vs NYJ
Brian Hartline vs NE

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

.5ppr,

My flex position

Sankey vs KC
Rashad Jennings vs DET

and same .5ppr

My WR

James Jones vs NYJ
Brian Hartline vs NE

Jennings and Hartline. I think Jennings will get more carries + be a factor in passing game. Hartline should find space with Revis focusing on Wallace.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
ok, so for my money leauge 12 team, standard scoring:

I'm pretty happy with the lineup, but i keep flip flopping between my flex options. I have
Gerheart@ Philly
three down,volume RB against a bad defense. i think this is a + match up

or

Vereen@ Miami
I'm a miami fan, miami linebackers are rear end, the starting SS is suspened for roids, dion jordan is suspended for roids, and ellerbe was rulled out. the dolphins linebackers are pretty terrible, and vereen is a good receiving back. this is also + match up imo.

so goons what would you do?

I like my WR's, but a buddy suggested putting Decker @ Oak in bc hes a red zone target, and the raiders defense is bad. stay with roddy? or switch him out

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

am I a crazy person for wanting to start Kelce over Heath Miller?

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist
Ellington being a game time decision really fucks me, leaving my options at RB as:

CJ Spiller
Fred Jackson
Shonn Greene
Carlos Hyde
(PPR, and points for ret yards)
I'm considering running with both Spiller and FJax. Stupid?

Frustrated posted:

am I a crazy person for wanting to start Kelce over Heath Miller?

No. Miller is likely a safer option, but Kelce has more upside.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Felter Chesthard posted:

Here's one that probably hasn't been asked -

Carr vs NY Jets
Fitzpatrick vs Washington
Start the Carr

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Pick 3, standing yahoo scoring.
Ryan Mathews, Montee Ball, Zac Stacy, Fred Jackson.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

ilkhan posted:

Pick 3, standing yahoo scoring.
Ryan Mathews, Montee Ball, Zac Stacy, Fred Jackson.

Montee Ball and Zac Stacy. Ryan Mathews and Fred Jackson are in time shares for sure. Stacy may or may not be, but if you're worried about Cunningham taking too many caries go Jackson. The Chicago run defense was not good last season.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
Ahhhhh

Kaepernick @ DAL
or
M Ryan vs NO

heeelp

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Crabtree or FJax? I'm leaning Crabtree.

firstyear
Sep 9, 2009

Splinter posted:

Crabtree or FJax? I'm leaning Crabtree.

Definitely Crabtree. Dallas' D is horrible and he's Kap's favourite target. FJax might be the smarter play some weeks, but not this time.

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
Edelman @ Mia
or
Boldin @ Dal

Edelman benefits from a limited Gronk but Boldin is against a seemingly problematic Dallas D.

Bardo
Nov 6, 2009
Since Ellington is up in the air for Monday I'm currently starting:

RB - Stacy, Joique Bell
Flex - Donnie Avery

If Ellington turns out to be good to go for Monday, I should switch him out with Bell who also plays Monday, correct?

My other options besides Avery are Caldwell or Jacquizz Rodgers, should I be using Caldwell even though Avery the top WR with Bowe out for a game? Its a 18 team standard league.

Bardo fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 7, 2014

wd40beav
Feb 17, 2006
effin' 'n' jeffin'

Loki2099 posted:

Edelman @ Mia
or
Boldin @ Dal

Edelman benefits from a limited Gronk but Boldin is against a seemingly problematic Dallas D.

I would go with Edelman, Brady's first choice as WR and Miami's pass coverage isn't much better than Dallas

Flex in a .5 ppr. would you sit K. Allen with Patrick Peterson covering for Joique Bell?

Job Creator
Apr 3, 2009

Dark Helmut posted:

Ahhhhh

Kaepernick @ DAL
or
M Ryan vs NO

heeelp

I'm in the same boat...leaning towards Kaep

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Gerhart @ Phi

or Vereen @ Miami

standard scoring, they are my flex options.

outside shot at Eric Decker @ oak, but i like RBs

what do you guys think

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Brady at Miami
or
Cutler vs. Bills

Not sure which has the higher upside at the moment.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i think Cutler imo. I mean the bills front 7 is nasty, but man he can really air it out against that secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I'm not big on Kaepernick this season but that Dallas defense may end up being the worst of all time. You start him over anyone besides Manning, Foles, Brees.

• Locked thread