Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This isn't MLB, but it's not worthy of a new thread:

A Japanese High School baseball game went 50 innings. It was scoreless through 49, and spanned multiple days.

If it had gone to 54 innings, the winner would have been determined by a lottery.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orial&hpt=hp_t2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Typical. The Cubs finally start to look like an actual kind-of-decent baseball team, and in doing so it helps the Cardinals.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

nerve posted:

Is there anything to look forward to as a Brewers fan?

Packers kickoff.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

nerve posted:

By like, a lot

No. Believe me, the grass is not greener on this side of the fence. I wouldn't wish being a Cubs fan on anyone.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

tadashi posted:

Dusty Baker isn't doing anything, right?

I think I'd hire Don Baylor back before Dusty. And that's saying something, because I loving HATED Baylor.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Will he also get an honorary blowjob at home plate? Jesus.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

R.D. Mangles posted:

In honor of this momentous last season, ALS has been renamed Derek Jeter's Disease.

I'm so glad that Derek Jeter Ice Bucket Challenge bullshit is finally over.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm happy the Cubs are winning, but I'm sad that their doing so helps the evil, godless Cardinals.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

tadashi posted:

I wonder if Castro is done for the season. It's "just a strain" but I'm not sure what they get out of rushing him back into the lineup.

Shut him down. We're not playing for anything right now, anyway.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mornacale posted:

Giancarlo Stanton was just assassinated by the Milwaukee Brewers

By 47 different baseballs coming from 63 different angles and one coming from the outfield grassy knoll.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Holy poo poo that Stanton video. :stare:

I feel bad for Fiers, too. You can tell he felt horrible about it.

edit: And Stanton's father and aunt were in attendance, too.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 12, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

the popes toes posted:

Just dental work.

As a Little Leaguer, there was nothing about standing at the dish that didn't scare the gently caress out of me. It was a horrible experience and took everything I had not to bail on every pitch. It always seemed to me that there was some bowel loosening flame throwing fucker that seemed destined for the big leagues up there and getting tagged in the mouth by a genetic freak kid pitcher was my greatest fear. Nothing in life has scared me worse than Little League pitchers. I can't imagine...

Sure, dental work sucks and not a single person on earth likes to have it done, but looking at the video that's probably best case scenario. His eyesight will not be affected, and he should be the same player he always was when he comes back on Opening Day next year. His doctors say the facial fractures will heal on their own without surgery.

I'm sure he's in a fuckload of pain this morning and on some really strong painkillers and the left side of his face probably swelled up to the size of a basketball. But I'm glad that ultimately he'll "only" need dental work.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hopefully Stanton doesn't have a huge mental block at the plate about getting hit again. I wouldn't blame him, as just about any of us would. But I saw that Sammy Sosa was never the same after getting beaned in the head early in 2004 by Solomon Torres, and I'd hate to see that happen to Stanton.

*Sosa's decline was probably more due to getting off the juice and natural skill decline due to age, but he was also mentally hosed up because of the beaning.

Also I'd love to see LCS's consisting of KC/Baltimore and Pittsburgh/Washington (substitute either one with Milwaukee if you like) just so the networks freak the gently caress out about the ratings. It would be excellent baseball that hardly anyone would watch. Both LCS's and the World Series should go to 7 games each just to drag it out.

What I'm pretty much saying is go small markets. And the Cubs. Because, come on, hating the Cubs is like hating the retarded kid in school.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 12, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Abner Assington posted:

So am I to infer that he kept taking Adderall and didn't have a TUE because he forgot and is a big dummy or what?

It's likely. People with ADD generally don't have the best memories and are quite forgetful.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Monicro posted:

Angels Dodgers World Series Lets Go

That's an odd way of spelling Pirates/Royals.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dingleberry Jones posted:

If you aren't rooting for a Pittsburgh/Kansas City World Series, even for the sheer fact that it would righteously piss Bud Selig off, then you are an enemy of fun

Lowest rated (but best) WS ever.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I would honestly be ok with any of the AL teams in the World Series, and anyone in the NL except for the Godless Communist Evil Satanic Cardinals.

Playoff baseball owns, and hopefully the Cubs will be regular participants soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

the popes toes posted:

...and before Thome was Vladdy and before Vlad there was, well, there is a special ruinous Orioles past and philosophy that we just don't talk about in Baltimore. We don't go there.

That..... that picture seems wrong. Sammy was a Cub, goddammit.

• Locked thread