Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my darling feet
May 9, 2007
are truly captivating
I just took my friend (and goon!) around for his first time in Boston. I've lived here for 7 years, so I'm pretty familiar with the city. He's not a sporty person, and neither am I, so it didn't factor into anything we did. I made sure he saw a fuckton of things in Boston in a two and a half day package. I packaged them by public transit lines.

We went to the Green Line, to the SkyWalk. You can go two subway stops further, and start at Fenway and the Citgo sign. Back at the SkyWalk, you go on the 50th floor of the Prudential Center, and can see for 40 miles outside of the city in any directions.

From there, I took him to the Boston Public Library, where I volunteer as a tour guide, and gave him the mini-tour. There are free tours every Tuesday and Thursday, at 6 PM, and Monday and Wednesday at 10 AM, I think. Lots of amazing architecture and art, as well as history.

I showed him the Marathon finish line, as well as what's left of the memorial there. It's across the street from the BPL.

We got coffee, and walked to the Boston Gardens and Commons, through Newbury Street, a popular high end shopping district.

We saw the State House, the Old Burying Graveyards, the site of the Boston Massacre, the old State House, another old graveyard, Fanieul Hall and Quincy Market, and went to Chinatown. We headed to MIT, had dinner, and rode Hubway bikes between Cambridge and Boston.

The next day, we went out to the Harbor Islands via a ferry, where an old fort is, did a tour there and collected sea glass, came back, went to the North End, had a coffee and canoli break at Modern Pastry, toured Paul Revere's House, ate at the original Regina's Pizzeria, went out to Harvard, walked around there, took pictures.

The next day I went to work (can't call out too often) and I directed him to Salem, Concord, and Lexington. We met up with some other friends for unlimited sushi in Medford. He saw most of everything of note in the city.

You can cut and trim this to your needs. Ask away - I host friends from abroad and family members constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my darling feet
May 9, 2007
are truly captivating

Riptor posted:

don't call either of those that

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread.

• Locked thread