Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I just started using "11, 12, 13" on the map for teleporters. I had to arrange them in creative ways to get them to fit but it works I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Just wanted to say thanks to Dr. Fetus for this awesome LP. I never did get past the first stratum in this game, as it was my first EO game and I got distracted by other things. I ended up going through most of EO 3 though, so it made a good enough impression, but this LP really made me appreciate my decision to play lots of EO 3 as opposed to 2.

Anyway, it's been great to see what I've missed, good and bad, and the great writing has been a wonderful cherry on top. Thanks for the wonderful LP, Dr. Fetus! Can't wait to see the rest of the postgame!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh, looks like the LP has almost reached the point where I stopped playing. (I still haven't found the sword yet.)

And concerning Gorezards, those things scared me a little bit at first, but poisoning dealt with them quite well. Especially that large group of five Gorezards turns completely ineffectual after getting poisoned. All five will waste their turn healing themselves, then take massive damage from the poison. From turn 2 onwards you can then just whittle them down one by one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm guessing there's a secret passage in one of the teleporter rooms. Maybe that 3x3 one?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That seems too simple.

My guess is that on some completely different floor in a seemingly random point you'll find the sword, probably guarded by a FOE. If the game's feeling extra mean it'll be in a Solo Beast part.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SSNeoman posted:

Hahahaha loving Atlus.

Libluini posted:

Oh, looks like the LP has almost reached the point where I stopped playing. (I still haven't found the sword yet.)

And concerning Gorezards, those things scared me a little bit at first, but poisoning dealt with them quite well. Especially that large group of five Gorezards turns completely ineffectual after getting poisoned. All five will waste their turn healing themselves, then take massive damage from the poison. From turn 2 onwards you can then just whittle them down one by one.

The most annoying part about those encounters is the incredibly slow healing animation. A group of 5 Gorezards means that I have to watch that healing animation 25 times since they all love to spam Saliva. And if you've been watching the videos I've been putting up, that's as fast as the combat gets. There's no way to speed up battles like in the later games aside from turning on autobattle, which is a beyond stupid thing to do at this point.

Erm, I haven't read that Let's Play yet. Mind telling me the short version of why not?

pnumoman posted:

Just wanted to say thanks to Dr. Fetus for this awesome LP. I never did get past the first stratum in this game, as it was my first EO game and I got distracted by other things. I ended up going through most of EO 3 though, so it made a good enough impression, but this LP really made me appreciate my decision to play lots of EO 3 as opposed to 2.

Anyway, it's been great to see what I've missed, good and bad, and the great writing has been a wonderful cherry on top. Thanks for the wonderful LP, Dr. Fetus! Can't wait to see the rest of the postgame!

Ah, thank you.

So maybe after exploring a bit more of the 6th Stratum, I'll start tackling the optional bosses and letting you all vote on which ones you want to see first to break things up a bit. The postgame flows a bit differently than the main game since a lot opens up at this point. And I might hold a party vote for some of them since watching the exact same strategy over and over for the fights may not be all that exciting. I dunno.

Also, Etrian Mystery Dungeon is out, and if you like Mystery Dungeon games, I highly recommend it. If you like the EO games but don't like Roguelikes, then maybe you might not want to get that.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Erm, I haven't read that Let's Play yet. Mind telling me the short version of why not?

There are no mapping tools in this game.

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.
^^^What they said, the mapping is done automatically and doesn't account for certain difficult-to-navigate areas. Also as far as gameplay goes, it doesn't seem very easy/possible to break the game over your knee like you can with most EO games--a lot of boss battles in particular seem more based on luck than anything else. Even with an entire party at max level, Luisfe still got a party wipe near the end.

I didn't mean "don't play this game, period" so much as just...if you play it, prepare to get very frustrated. And then multiply that frustration by 3, because you must play the game 3 times in order to see every ending.

VVV I have also never played the game myself and am basing my statements entirely off of Luisfe's LP, so my bad :downs:

suddenly cats fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 10, 2015

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

suddenly cats posted:

Also as far as gameplay goes, it doesn't seem very easy/possible to break the game over your knee like you can with most EO games--a lot of boss battles in particular seem more based on luck than anything else.

Strange Journey is easy as poo poo and that's only partially because it's too easy to break. The only boss with even a modicum of luck to it is the fifth sector's, and even then it's more of a mild inconvenience than anything that determines whether you win or lose.

E; thinking on it, it being too easy to break is a different problem because you might not even realise you've done it. Something as simple as "use demons of your alignment" ie follow the most basic intended mechanic shreds the difficulty wholesale.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 10, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The SMT system has always been a trifle to break, simply because there are too many variables (demons+skills) to effectively balance the entire thing so they just give you certain demons that can just be objectively gauged as the best and call it a day.

It's the rest of strange journey that is a chore to play. namely the sheer volume of map crap + all the backtracking on top of the random encounter padding.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The best way I can put is that Strange Journey is just a really annoying game

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I really enjoyed Strange Journey - I stopped playing at the last Sector about maybe 1/4 of the way in due to fatigue and broken DS - but I'm told that the sector I had just passed (Eradinus?) was the most difficult in the game, and I found it relatively enjoyable.

Of course I relied on Doppelganger for a chunk of the game as a demon due to reflecting physical :3:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Strange Journey is basically Etrian Odyssey with fewer convenience features and also you have to negotiate with FOEs to make them join your party.

Wait, that last part actually sounds awesome.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Quests Suck

PC-88 Version

: So you're resigning?

: Well, not really. It's just that the hospital is short staffed right now, so I don't know if I really have the time to help out the guild anymore.

: Well you better let Fedot know about tha- HOLY CRAP! What was that!?

: What the-!? Where did that sword come from?

: That's what I'd like to know since it almost went through my head!

: Huh, it's all rusted.

: Should we pick it up?

The sword seems worn and filthy, completely unusable as a weapon. You decide to leave it where it lies and continue your journey.

: I don't see the point of taking a rusty old sword. Just look at that thing!

: It might be worth letting him know about it though. Swords don't fall from the sky for no reason.

PC-88 Version

Some more items I unlocked.

We're not gonna be exploring the 6th Stratum in this update. Instead, we're gonna be doing some quests.

This is the final quest in the tree quest line, so there's gonna be a big payoff to this.

: Uh, this sounds urgent.

: Ahhh, excellent. This quest is perfect for yeh lot. It's another one from that doc. Looks like there's been a new development with the withered trees... I never pay attention to any of that stuff, though. Ask the man at the hospital. G'luck! Haw haw haw!

This is the last quest on this we'll be taking. The others have you deal with some optional bosses, and the party in their current state isn't strong enough to deal with them yet. Unfortunately, it's not the last one in the chess quest line.

: It appears that someone has some spare chess pieces to trade.

: But we don't have the Knight.

: I dunno about this one... Didn't yeh see the sheet? The reward is a King piece. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't yeh already have a King?

: Oh, that's right.

: I don't see any other quests about any chess pieces up there, so I guess we might as well do this one? Plus, we'll have two Kings!

: Two are better than one, sure, but what yeh're really after is the complete set. Maybe it's worth doing if yeh can trade a King with someone for a piece yeh don't have...

: Actually, that's a lot smarter.

: We would need to do a two for one deal to profit from this quest. I don't know if we can pull that off.

: Well, I won't stop yeh, but just be aware that it might end up as a waste of yer time. Anyways, g'luck!

: Oh! There you are!

: Huh? What do you need?

: We saw a sword fall out of the sky! Almost landed on my head too.

: What? Really!? Where did it fall to!?

: Uh, it landed at the entrance of the Labyrinth.

: You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you- aaaaaaaand they just ran out the door.

: I guess that sword was important after all.

PC-88 Version

You vaguely recall seeing it before, but can't quite remember where.

: There it is!

: Wait, remind me where that sword came from?

: Huh, did we really spend that much time in the teleporter maze? It was that sword that was in the magic circle. I dropped it when the Golem attacked us. Remember?

: Oh yeah. Sorry boss, that teleporter maze was exhausting.

You consider picking the sword up and taking it with you.

The sword turns out to be rusted and brown, completely unusable as a weapon.

: Okay, how are supposed to "gain total control over the Labyrinth" with this?

: No clue, but it can't hurt to keep it with us. Maybe someone can fix it up.

Still, you brush off the dirt and place it in your belongings before moving onward.

Now killing Golem and picking up this sword is the start of a new quest line.

PC-88 Version

The first of which becomes available after picking up the Ruin Sword. If you have a Survivalist with a level 10 Stalker, put them in your party before doing this quest. Do not make the same mistake I am about to make.

: Huh, that one's new.

: Could yeh lot handle this one? It's a bit of a bother. The client's part of a famous guild... Not more famous than yeh lot, but then who is?

: My old guild? Then again, we weren't exactly the heroic type. Anyways, what do they need.

: Their landsknecht's favorite axe has gone dull. He asks that yeh bring the axe in to have it sharpened... But there's a catch. The sharpener needs a whetstone and his fee before he can do his work. The worst part is that whoever takes the request has to put up the items, and the money too! Hopefully, the reward will make up for whatever yeh're out. The whole business bothers me. But I'm glad someone took the quest so's it's off the board. Yeh can find the sharpener in the center of the 21st floor. Here's the axe for him. G'luck!

: Now the question is, where can we find a Knight?

: Maybe Abigail knows something. She did sell us a piece earlier.

: Hi, everyone! You're just in time... I had something to tell you! Remember when you bought the golden piece from us? Another customer came later, and wanted to sell me the exact same piece. My dad wasn't around, so I couldn't agree to it at the time... But I thought maybe you'd want to buy it from him! He said he was a guard, on his way to the Labyrinth for an investigation. And if anyone was interested in buying the piece, that they should come to the 25th floor.

: Great, more wandering around the Labyrinth.

: Um... I'm sorry I couldn't help you myself... B-But maybe he'll give you the piece for free if you explain everything to him! Sorry to put you through all this work...

: Eh, it's fine. Thanks for letting us know where he is.

PC-88 Verison

: We saw the request you put up. You said you found the monsters causing the trees to die?

: Did you take another one of our requests? Great! We actually found the cause of the disease from our last few requests. Remember the monsters you fought at the time? You were right--it was the culprit! It seems to secrete a substance from its fangs that's poisonous to plants. It enters the tree's cells and alters the metabolism, causing the nutrients to flood outward. Oh... Listen to me ramble on! Long story short, that monster is a sudden mutation. Though it normally feeds off the Labyrinth's trees, it's begun to poison them in the process. If we don't step in, the mutant strain could end up destroying the whole Labyrinth. As a new mutation, their ability to reproduce is still inhibited. So we still have a chance. Their nest is in the center of the 18th floor. Exterminate them... before it's too late! We're counting on you!

Something I'd like to point out is that the Yggdrasil Tree's role in this game is pretty limited. In this game, it just happens to be the setting where the game takes place and nothing more. Where as in all the other EO games, it was a large part of the plot. Anyways, let's go do some quests.

PC-88 Version

: Found them!

One of them sees you and gets up to walk over to you.

: You must be explorers. Pretty good ones, if you managed to get here.

You can tell by their worn armor and the panic in his voice that they've been attacked.

: What the hell happened here?

: We're with the guard corps. But we didn't sign up for this kind of hell. We're through. Problem is, our map got stuck in the branches and we can't find our way back to town.

The guard points to the tree's highest branches... You can faintly see a parchment there.

What branches? We're indoors!

There are no footholds ruling out the chance that a survivalist could climb... Perhaps a dark hunter's whip would be more suited to the task...? Dark hunters routinely carry whips, after all, regardless of their equipment... A skilled dark hunter would stand a better than even chance of reclaiming the parchment.

Alas, there is no dark hunter in your party skilled enough to wield the necessary whip. With no other way to help the guards, you leave the area.

Just having a Dark Hunter isn't enough. They need 8 points in Whips or else they can't get the map.

: Let's see here...

: No funny stuff, Nick.

: What? I'm just getting the map. Uh... HA! Got it!

Your dark hunter skillfully entangles the whip's tip on the lost parchment.

: Great! Now we can finally get back to town! By the way, what brought you guys all the way up here? There must be some reason.

The guard inquires into your journey as he painstakingly places the map into his pack. You think back to what you heard at Sitoth Trading... You were told that a guard on the 25th floor had a golden piece for sale. You are free to ask the guard here whether or not he is the one with the piece.

As you mull over your answer, he looks at you dubiously.

: You came to a deathtrap like this for no reason...? In my professional opinion as a guard, I suggest you get the hell out of here. Let's go.

: I heard that you had a chess piece for sale?

The guard beams as he hears your question.

: That was me! Hey, you came this far, why don't we trade instead?

: Sure. Aliara?

: Here's the pieces!

You nod equitably and show your pieces, as the guard takes out his own two gold pieces.

: I was thinking of a straight trade, but you got our map, so I'll give you two for one. Let's see... how about my two pieces for your King? You consider his offer carefully before replying.

I can get two pieces if I trade one away? What a ripoff!

Reluctant to lose your King, you decline the guard's offer. The guard seems disappointed as you turn your back and leave the area.

: Sounds like a good deal. Give him the pieces.

: Here you go!

The terms seem fair, and you agree to the trade. The guard nods and shakes your hand.

: It's a deal! I'll take good care of the piece you gave me!

You have obtained a Rook and a Knight! Once the trade is complete, you leave the guards to rest a while before they return.

You have obtained all the items necessary for the quest!

Now let's see about sharpening that axe.'

A man is here, looking upward as if searching for something. When your presence registers with him, he looks toward you and begins to speak.

: Hello, explorers.

: Um, hi there.

You are surprised by his blunt attitude, but return his greeting. The man continues...

: Tell me, what do you think? Think this could be a shop? What's your shop look like?

: Er... well... Could you slow down a bit?

The questions come so rapidly that you have no time to answer any of them. The man laughs...

: Sorry, I forgot where I was for a moment. Whaddaya want?

You think back to the quest you accepted at the bar... You agreed to take an axe to the sharpener in the Labyrinth. This must be the man. You tell him the details of the quest and await his response.

: Someone needed this axe sharpened. They said we could find someone who could do that around here.

: Yeah, is that you?

If you don't have the required fee:

: That's me, the Labyrinth's sharpener. Did you bring a whetstone and my fee? The fee is 1,000en and I'll need a True Soul to sharpen the blade. If you don't have a True Soul, you can get one by defeating the White Knight in the castle. I'm planning on opening a shop here! So you go ahead and get what I need... I'll be here.

After the man says his piece, he turns his gaze to the ceiling and resumes mumbling. It seems you'll need a certain item in order for him to sharpen the axe... You bid him farewell, though you aren't sure he hears you.

If you have the required fee:

: That's me, the Labyrinth's sharpener. Good, you brought the stuff... hand me that axe.

He takes the axe and checks its blade with his finger, then sits down to begin his work.

I don't like where this is going.

You can't be serious.

Goddammit Atlus! :bang: So yeah, remember that quest where we had to stay on a floor for 3 days without leaving? This is the return of that quest, although it's one day. As in 24 hours. That means that you have to spend 720 turns on this floor.

The quest has ended in failure! If you wish to try again, return to the bar and accept the quest once more.

And yes, leaving counts as instant failure. Not only that, but the game eats up the 1,000en and the True Soul so you have to get another.

: I'm ready to go!

Because there's no way I'm trying to get that conditional with Aliara.

Emilia doesn't hit that hard, but at least she doesn't have noodle arms.

I'm gonna take this time to rant here because I got really pissed off when I found out what I had to do for that quest. First off, why does the player have to stay on the floor? Why is leaving a bad thing, and how does the Winged One even know if that happens? Also, at the point you get this quest, you've reached the postgame, so the encounters here aren't challenging at all! I mean, I guess there's the Mandrakes to worry about but those things are a whole mess of bad game design decisions. And if you're trying to get the player killed by dice rolls instead of threatening enemies that punish mistakes in that time, that's beyond idiotic game design. This quest isn't difficult. It's pure tedium and adds nothing interesting. So why the gently caress is this in the game? You know what, I'm probably being too harsh here. Etrian Odyssey 2 is a genuinely good game. It just has a lot of really dumb stuff in it. Which I'm probably overblowing.

One of the reasons I said to bring a Survivalist with a maxed out Stalker was so you could cheese this quest and not have to deal with any encounters at all. I didn't realize this until I was halfway done because I was a gigantic idiot and made this quest a lot more annoying for myself. I ended up wasting a half hour waiting for the quest to be over. Another thing you can do is to walk on a conveyor belt tile that's moving towards you over and over. That doesn't advance the time, so you can avoid encounters that way.

: Is he done yet?

: No.

: Is he done yett?

: For the last time! NOoooh wait, it's been a day. He should be done now.

: Is he done ye- finally!

: There you are. I've been done for a while. Go on, take it.

You pick up the axe and are surprised at its exquisite sharpness. The blade has been polished to a mirror sheen, and a razor edge... you dare not touch it!

: That's a sharp axe, alright.

: I think I just cut myself by just looking at it!

You thank him and turn to take your leave, but he calls out to you without looking.

: Thanks a lot!

: Where'd you get that sword in your pack? I'd like to have a crack at that one...

: How did you...?

You are amazed that the man could know about the sword you have been carrying... The sharpener waves his hand in farewell, laying down carelessly on the forest floor.

:raise: Whatever, let's go do that last quest and kill some bugs.

PC-88 Version

There can be no mistake... One of the monsters you seek is digging into the soil here. It is focused on its task, and has not yet realized your presence. Now is the time to hunt the fiend! Brandish your weapons and prepare for battle!

: Ha! This should be a piece of cake!

However... you suddenly notice other signs of life nearby.

: Its not alone.

The soil erupts around you as many creatures burst forth!

: Oh crap! There's so many of them!

You form a tight defensive circle, as the monsters close in!

: Yeah, not good at all.

The game does a cute little fake out here.

The Invaders are the same as before, but with one key difference. Once you get into a fight with one, the rest will try to join in. Aside from that, they're not really notable. After killing them all, you get this message.

You clutch your weapons for a few more seconds, awaiting another ambush, but the danger is over.

: Never mind, that was easier than I thought.

You have slain the monsters that poisoned the forest, thereby saving Yggdrasil! You breathe a sigh of relief before noticing a sapling behind you that wasn't there before... You gaze at the mysterious light it emits, wondering when it could have appeared.

: What's that? Huh, I suddenly feel like just reaching over and...

: What are you doing?

As you uproot the small sapling, it changes shape in your hand, becoming a luminescent staff!

Whoa, that means I got Aliara's ultimate weapon? That's awesome! I can't wait to see the stats on this thing!

For comparison this is her old weapon. As for the Ygg Staff...

:flaccid: So the ultimate payoff for that quest line is a staff that is completely and utterly USELESS! Oh sure, it has the highest attack power out of all the staves, but it has no secondary stats at all, which is what staff wielders are concerned with. The last thing I want is for Aliara to be doing is to use her regular attacks instead of a debuff, ailment, or Revenge. If you're thinking this would be good for a Combat Medic build, it isn't. There's a staff I haven't unlocked that gives a huge strength bonus, which is much better for Combat Medic shenanigans since increases in strength is far more important than increases in weapon attack. Yes, a weapon you can buy from the shop is much more useful than this so called ultimate staff.

In fact, this isn't the only quest line like that. Remember all those quest lines we've been doing? Most of them have the exact same payoff. A weapon that has the highest attack power, but minor or no secondary stats or attributes. You know, like Force Up which lets you use Force Skills every few battles. These "ultimate" weapons are really terrible and are vastly outclassed by the stuff you can buy in the store. Oh yeah, and all the ultimate weapons have a 0.1 speed modifier, making them even worse! I said in the beginning of the LP that quests suck in this game, and this is one of the main reasons why. The "ultimate" payoffs are not worth doing all that terribly designed bullshit for. They don't even count for the Gear Registry either! So unless they lead to an optional boss, do a favor for your sanity and skip them unless you really want 100% completion. Now despite what I've said, I'll still show off all the quests, don't worry about that. Oh, as an insult to injury, you can't throw the "ultimate" weapons away or sell them. Now Atlus isn't that mean. You can store them at the inn, which is what you should do unless you didn't unlock a class' real ultimate weapon.

PC-88 Version

: Ahhh, welcome back! Yeh finish the job?

: Yes. Some monsters were actually poisoning the trees.

: Tsk, tsk... yeh just never stop, do yeh? A monster that poisons the forest, eh? Why would a beastie like that destroy its own home? I mean, if all the trees die out, they're the ones in hot water, right?

: It's probably just instinct. Some animals don't do much thinking at all and just do whatever.

: Well, I s'pose it's a moot point now. I still can't get my head around it, though. Oh, almost forgot. Here's yer reward... Go on, take it!

The regular quest reward is by far better than the "ultimate" weapon.

: Welcome back! Eh? So yeh traded that King for something else? Well done! Let's see... A Knight and Rook, eh? Well, that finishes the quest! Here's the reward. Thanks!

I can never have enough of these. Especially since Frederik can't learn Salve 3.

: Yeh're back. So, how good is this sharpener, anyway?

: Take a look for yourself!

: Holy--It couldn't be shinier if yeh'd let an alchemist at it! Now I see why that landsknecht insisted on this sharpener... I've never seen finer work! Yeh should have had yer weapons sharpened as well. Too late now, though! Haw haw haw! Anyways, here's the reward. Use it wisely, all right? Thanks!

Now doing those last two quests opens up some new ones.

: Another quest involving the chess pieces?

: Oi! I've got another quest about those golden pieces! The reward this time is a Pawn. If yeh don't have a Pawn piece already, it's perfect for yeh! This is from an ore miner in the neighborhood. He moved here from abroad, but there's nowhere to ply his trade in High Lagaard.

It's been a while since we had an in game typo.

: Then he hit on the idea of going into the Labyrinth to mine ore in the forest. He was inspired by the explorers streaming back into town with loads of rare metals. He wants to see with his own eyes what kind of ore yeh can find in the Labyrinth.

: Thanks!

The last one is a rare item from the 5th Stratum Mine points, but the other two have to be obtained from the 6th Stratum's Mine points. Which we don't have access to yet.

This is the next quest in the Ruin Sword quest line.

: What's this one going on about?

: Gonna take that quest? It's from the Grand Duchy's investigation arm... Could be profitable! There've been reports that the south part of the 6th floor was boiling hot the other day. A scholar looked into it, and declared it... What's the word? Ah, rising geotherms. Where there's an effect, there has to be a cause. So that's where this quest started. A few guilds already took it, but none of them have brought back any proof. Not one! I'd hate for yeh to waste yer time, so if yeh think it's a lost cause, come back. G'luck!

: So boss, what should we do about this one?

: So a few guilds already looked into it? I wonder if the Guildmaster knows anything.

You need the Tree Key in order to complete this quest, since you have to investigate the secret area at the south of the 6th floor. And unlike the "ultimate" weapons, the Tree Key has much better payoffs in the postgame.

PC-88 Version

: We heard something about rising geotherms at the south of the 6th floor. Know anything about that?

: Geotherms on the south of the 6th floor...? It can't be...

: Oh, so what do you know?

: It's nothing. Forget it.

You can talk to her again to make her spill more info.

: Do you know what's causing them, at least?

And talking to her a 3rd time...

: Come on! Tell us!

: This was many years ago, on a quest to investigate geotherms on the 6th floor, just as now. My companions and I were the Grand Duchy's elite explorers... The most powerful guild. I deduced a secret entrance on the south of the 6th floor, so we began our search there. We fought through many levels, and our investigation came to an end on the 9th floor... That was where the journey became a nightmare... In an instant, a sudden blast of hot wind came, and before we knew it, one of us was dead. The rest of us fought the demon with its enormous red wings and sharp black spines... One after another, we fell. Its tail claimed one, its claws another, its breath most of all. Victory was impossible. Our weapons were useless, and it laughed off our spells. I was the only survivor. I still bear the scars on half my body, and one on my face...

: It's a monster in the truest sense. I don't think even you could hope to match it. Perhaps it would be foolish for any human to try to win against that thing. I won't stop you from investigating... Just beware of the monster. If you see it, run. No one would call you cowards. Good luck. That's all I know of the geotherms.

: Hmm, thanks for the info.

That description should sound very familiar for the people who've played through EO1's postgame. That is in fact Wyrm, and doing this quest line will let us fight it. Wyrm is the Fire equivalent of Dragon, and like Dragon, he's been in every EO game. This is why you want the Tree Key. Without it, you can't access the area he's in.

PC-88 Version

The secret room bounded by the flame-red walls is as hot as an open fire... The soil under your feet feels like iron plating, and the air is shimmering with heat.

: Holy crap, that's hot!

: It's like an oven!

: Try to hold out. We need to come back with proof that Wyrm is causing this.

This must be the source of the abnormal geotherms to the south of the 6th floor! Your quest will be complete once you make a thorough search here to discover the cause.

: Okay everyone, spread out and look for any proof. If you see that monster, run.

: Uh boss, about that monster. Do... do you think we could kill it? I mean, it sounds really dangerous.

: Heh heh heh. Wanna know a secret? I've actually fought a monster like that back in Etria. He's a dragon. His name is Wyrm. He has control over fire, like Dragon has over lightning.

: Whoa whoa whoa! There's more than one of those things!?

: Before we get caught by surprise, are there any more of these dragons we should know about?

: Hmm, oh right. There's one called Drake that has control over ice.

: Wait wait wait. So you're telling me there's three dragons. And you've called them Dragon, Drake, and Wyrm? :raise:

: Yeah, my old leader wasn't the best with names. At any rate, if it came down to it, I can take them all down again. I've gotten a lot stronger since our fight with Dragon earlier.

: I found something!

It is a round, Red Tablet roughly the size of your arm. It may be a clue in solving the problem of the rising geotherms... Dehydrated and ready to faint from the heat, you decide to leave the room at once. Your quest is complete! Report your success to the bar when you return to Lagaard.

: I'm ready to get out of here. I need a lot of drinks.

: So what's up with this tablet?

: That's not a tablet. That's Wyrm's scale.

: Uh, how big is this Wyrm?

: Remember Dragon? About the same size.

: :stare:

: I'm gonna need a lot more practice with this thing.

: Same here.

: Heh, you'll have plenty of time for that. It doesn't look like Wyrm's here. Come one, let's go back. I'm sure the Guildmaster would want to hear about this.

PC-88 Version

: Oh, sorry! Is this a bad time?

: Well... I suppose I don't mind, since you already know my darkest secrets. How did the quest go? Hm...? Is it awkward for you to look at me without my helmet.

: Kind of. I mean, we see you with that thing on all the time.

: We're just not used to it.

: Ahem. So, we finished our investigation of the 6th floor.

: I want to hear the story. Unless you're too unnerved to talk to me this way. Heh heh heh heh...

Fade to black.

: You were lucky. It's very likely that you unknowingly walked into the monster's den. What did you think this red plate was, after all, but one of the dragon's scales? I shall never forget the sight of that creature as it appeared before my guild... Listen, Firefly, and I'll tell you a secret: I mean to slay that dragon.

: Are you crazy!? You'll get killed, just like Guild Beowulf did! If you're gonna do it, let us help!

: I need no assistance. If you try to stop me, you'll find that you lack the means. But thank you, Firefly... Perhaps now I can atone for what I have done.

: Grr...

PC-88 Version

: Ahhh, yeh're back... Eh? Yeh lot look like yeh've lost weight.

: Secret area... of the 6th floor... Too hot... I'm so dehydrated... Need a drink...

: Hmm? The geo-whatsits are in the secret area? Yeh came back because yeh were dehydrated!? Well, at least yeh came back. The job's done! I'll report to the Grand Duchy for yeh.

: There's this thing too.

: Eh...? Yeh have something for me? A tablet? Why would yeh do this? Don't yeh know the paperwork the Grand Duchy will saddle me with!? Labyrinth rules: Yeh found it in the forest, yeh keep it! I'm sure it's valuable, too... Ah, and here's yer reward! Thanks, yeh lot!

: So what are we going to do about the Guildmaster?

: Attempting to kill a dragon alone would be suicide.

: Simple. We kill Wyrm before she even has a chance to fight it. The moment we hear about a monster on the 6th floor, we'll make our move.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 31, 2015

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
You forgot to replace one of the textmarkers for guildmaster2. Goddamn I hate all the loving quests in EO2, I think thats why I never bothered to replay it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dr. Fetus posted:

: Is de yone het?

: Holy--It couldn't be shinier if yeh'd let an alchemist at it! Now I see why that landsknecht insisted on this sharpener... I've never seen finer work! Yeh should have had yer weapons sharpened as well. Too late now, though! Haw haw haw! Anyways, here's the reward. Use it wiselu, all right? Thanks!

[Pguildmaster2: Well... I suppose I don't mind, since you already know my darkest secrets. How did the quest go? Hm...? Is it awkward for you to look at me without my helmet.

Pguildmaster2: I want to hear the story. Unless you're too unnerved to talk to me this way. Heh heh heh heh...

A few typos you made, though I'm not sure if that first one was intentional or not.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

Dr. Fetus posted:

Goddammit Atlus! So yeah, remember that quest where we had to stay on a floor for 3 days without leaving? This is the return of that quest, although it's one day. As in 24 hours. That means that you have to spend 720 turns on this floor.

You can just move backwards onto a movetile, that advances the time without getting any encounters.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Wow, I thought I got all those typos and mistakes. Your incompetent LPer everyone! I'm not even sure how the gently caress I even made it this far when I constantly make mistakes like that. At any rate, they should all be fixed.

ssmagus posted:

You can just move backwards onto a movetile, that advances the time without getting any encounters.

Ah, thanks for the helpful tip. I added that in. I didn't realize you could do that. It's still a really dumb quest though.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 11, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Again and Again and Again

Completing Old scars, flaring anew unlocks this quest.

: Look out, it's Firefly!

: Would you please stop that? We're not beasts.

: Yeh don't like being treated like monsters? Haw haw haw! Sorry about that. Yeh came up while I was waiting, so I felt like saying it. This quest's meant for yeh. Remember when yeh went to meet that sharpener? He came and submitted a quest. Said he made some kind of promise with yeh...

: Wait, what promise?

: Eh? Well, how would I know what he meant by that? Yeh're the ones he made the promise with--shouldn't yeh remember? Never mind... Anyways, bring him 6 Black Cores, and... What was the other? Ahhh, yes, a Red Tablet. That's all! G'luck out there!

The message you get for getting all the Black Cores. You can get them from killing King Gels.

PC-88 Version

: There you are. I've been waiting! Don't you remember our promise?

: Um.

As you try to think of a polite response to the question, the man cuts in abruptly.

: That sword... Didn't you find it in the forest of the gods? You took it without asking!

You stand frozen in shock at his unexpected tirade!

: It was his fault!

: :geno:

He peers at you to gauge your reaction, then giggles.

: Oh, who cares? You wanted it, didn't you? We called that sword the God's Key in my village... Or so I heard. The forest is getting more dangerous... Could our god be angry? Know anything about it?

He stops talking for a moment, and lets out a large sigh.

: But who cares? Let me try my hand at that sword. Did you bring the stuff I asked?

Though his mood swings confuse you, you take the Red Tablet and Black Cores from your pack.

: Uh, here you go?

: Great! Give me a while... It shouldn't take too long.

The man grabs the materials from your hands and begins gathering his scattered equipment.

Thankfully, you don't have to wander around for a day for this one.

Fade to black.

An hour after he began, the man's face is clouded as he hands the sword back to you.

: I thought this scale'd work on any sword... Maybe the Black Core isn't acidic enough... Oh, are you still here? You can go now. Seeya.

The man then lays on the floor, muttering under his breath as if pondering something. The rust and the grime have been scraped off, but the sword is still far from sharp. You put it into your backpack and leave the area.

: Better than nothing, I guess.

PC-88 Version

: Ahh, yeh lot are back. How'd the quest go?

: Easy. He didn't even want us to pay him either!

: Eh? He wanted to sharpen yer sword for free? Now there's a rare bird... That's the sort who lives for his work. His real payment is his own satisfaction. The opposite of me, in other words! I'd much rather work for money--it pays for my hooch! Wouldn't yeh lot agree? Anyways, here's the reward. Thanks a lot!

This quest unlocks after finishing the last one.

: Hey there! Mind doing that quest for me? It's from the Grand Duchy, so I 'spect yeh'll have to climb high up the Labyrinth. But yeh're one of the few guilds that can go that high, so I'd appreciate yer help. Go to the Duke's Palace for the details. I heard it's not that tough, so don't worry. G'luck out there!

PC-88 Version

: It's in regards to the winged ones you've met before in the Labyrinth. We're considering opening relations with them. They are wary of us, but not hostile. We lack some strong connection to bring us together, but our bonds must strengthen. Therefore, I have decided to offer the winged ones this document. However, their home is high in the Labyrinth... The guards could never reach it safely. You, however, have some rapport with them already. No guild is as suited as yours for the job. Please take this document to the winged ones's city on our behalf. May you have a safe journey.

PC-88 Version

Another sound comes from above, and you look to see a spear-wielding winged one. Panic is eviden on its face. It seems the whole forest has become a battlefield! Perhaps you could find out what happened at the village of the winged ones...

: Now what is going on?

: We better find Canaan. He might know something.

The winged ones are in the throes of a deadly struggle! Though they attack the raging behemoth, they are smacked away like insects! You instinctively draw your weapons, preparing for battle... The monster notices you enter and rushes towards you! Fight with all your strength!

PC-88 Version

Oh hey, a monster we haven't seen yet.

Call Ape
HP: 1599
AT: 63
DF: 48
Skills: Dance
Item Drops: N/A
Description: After the Gods' Key was removed, it descended for mortal combat with the winged tribe.
Weakness: Fire (150%)
Resistance: Ice (50%), Volt (50%)

They're a weaker version of a random encounter we have yet to meet. I'll cover that when I get there, because I take out this one quickly.

PC-88 Version

You breathe raggedly, pulling your weapons from the corpse. A familiar face approaches...

You ask the chief about the disaster that just transpired.

: What happened here?

: A monster such as we've never seen appeared, and we were slow in dealing with it. We have seen many such troubles since the Forbidden Door was opened. Demons have streamed through the forest... and to our village, as you saw earlier.

When the chief finishes, you discuss you quest with him. You hand the winged one's chief the document you received from the Grand Duchy.

: Hmm, maybe we shouldn't have opened that. Anyways, the Grand Duchy back in High Lagaard wants to establish relations with your kind.

: Tell your chief that we area anxious to form stronger bonds between our peoples. And take this... it is one of Yggdrasil's buds. We have never seen its like. It grew on our sacred ground when the Forbidden Door opened. May it be a sign of our bond.

: I'll let them know. Thank you.

The winged ones's intent remains vague, but at least the chief seems interested in coexistence. You thank him and leave the area, carrying the bud as large as your palm.

PC-88 Version

: Yeh're back! What did the winged ones say...?

: They seemed to be interested in establishing stronger relations.

: They're looking forward to making friends? Haw! That's great news! Some people here were afraid they'd turn our city into a war zone. This calls for a celebration! I'll throw a party tonight! Plenty of food--and drink! Haw! Oops, I nearly forgot yer reward. Here yeh go... don't waste it, okay? Thanks for all yer hard work!

That was the last quest we could do for now in the Gods' Key quest line. So let's actually explore more of the 6th Stratum this time. Anyways, it was impossible to move forward for now. The actual solution?

Remember this statement the Flaus innkeeper said? That's actually a hint on how to progress, although it's easy to write it off as her standard ramblings.

PC-88 Version

We actually need to head into the 26th floor at night in order to move forward.

The main reason is because this teleporter takes us to a different destination at night. This tripped up a few players.

: How the hell does that even work!?

: Well it's because... um. Yeah, I've got nothing.

PC-88 Version

Kingcaps only appear on this side of the map. Aside from those, there's no more new enemies on this floor.

Kingcap
HP: 637
AT: 53
DF: 53
Exp: 6600
Skills: Jaw
Item Drops:
-Common: Gold Spore - 1 needed for Hamao II. 10 needed for Gae Bog (Gun.)
--Gilded spores of a giant mushroom.
-Rare: N/A
-Conditional: Closed Cap - Kill with Instant Death. 5 needed for Yumiyawata (Bow.)
--Umbrella portion of a carnivorous mushroom.
Description: A kingly fungus with an enhanced sense of purpose and sharp fangs to tear into its prey.
Weakness: Fire (150%)
Resistance: Ice (50%), Volt (50%)

Kingcaps aren't really a threat, despite being a cousin of the Bigcaps. Mainly because all they can do is hit your party. Jaw doesn't inflict any status effects at all. It's just a single target attack that hits harder than their regular attack. Kill and move on. Though be sure to use Climax on them 5 times so you can unlock the best bow in the game. If you have bow wielders in the party at least.

: Hold still. I wanna see if I can shut that mouth of yours.

I'm not really gonna be showing any more level ups. Mainly because my skill point usage isn't interesting at this point, and because all these level ups are pointless for something I have planned.

PC-88 Version

So the right side of the map is actually kind of a mirror of the left side.

Let's go right first.

: Of course this can't be easy.

Aside from that one trick, this teleporter maze isn't really that bad. It's fairly small, and if you're just looking to rush through it, it only takes up about half the map. I mean, this has nothing on EO1's teleporter maze which was much worse and had 39 teleporters that led to different destinations. Now that was annoying to go through. This place only has 15 of those, and you only have to go through 5 teleporters to reach the next floor.

Now something I'm going to be doing is marking the teleporters that result in the quickest route to the next floor.

This leads to the fork at the bottom.

The left branch leads us into a new area.

Unfortunately, the bottom path leads back to the beginning.

: :sigh:

: Cheer up boss! We don't have much floor left. I think.

: The floor almost looks symmetrical, so if we can find the right path, we should be out of here quickly.

How about the top?

Oh look, an Asterios.

A dead Asterios.

I could have used this back in the 5th Stratum! :argh:

: Are we ever getting out of here?

: There are some teleporters that we haven't taken yet.

: Hmm, the pack's getting full. It might be best to go back and unload our materials at Sitoth.

PC-88 Version

The Dragvandil is the best sword in the game. In a sense. I mean it provideas a large increase to Force, which is FANTASTIC for Protectors, so I recommend buying this for them. All the other classes though? Not so much. I mean it's great for Sword Dark Hunters, not so much Landsknechts. Now Force Up is a great attribute, so why am I not recommending that you buy this? Well that's because there's an even better sword I haven't unlocked yet. I don't buy this for Frederik because I don't care about his Force Skill. Okay, now back to the 6th Stratum.

PC-88 Version

This teleporter is the path forward.

: More blood for Firefly! :black101:

: You weren't talking about mine, were you?

: No, but your offering will do nicely.

: At least this one didn't take us back too far.

Something I want to bring up, is that it's not only the central teleporter that has its destination change depending on the time of day.

All those teleporters I've circled send you to the left or right X marks depending on the time of day. So if it turns daytime while you're exploring the night portion of the teleporter maze and take the time senstive teleporter, you'll have to go back to the Flaus Inn to change the clock again. Thankfully, those are the only teleporters that are time sensitive.

: Now where does this go?

:stare: Mother of god.

Behold! The most broken consumable in the entire game! If you thought Axcelas were bad, these are much worse. What they do is boost a party member's Force by 50 points. Now in order to fully charge a character's Force with Axcelas, you had to have 4 other party members use one on him. With Axcela IIs, you only need 2 party members doing that, leaving the other 3 free to do whatever they want. It buys you a ton more action economy and you can set it up where a Gunner or a Protector can use their respective Force Skills every turn while 2 other party members beat down their poor hapless victims.

Etrian Odyssey II is not a well balanced game. Now for those of you that have played EO1, Axcela IIIs are not in the game. (Those instantly filled up a party member's Boost meter.) Atlus knew just how broken that would be if you could deditcate one person to refill a character's Force. So Axcela IIs are the best you can get. Unfortunately, you have to kill Harpuia over and over to get those since those items are limited in stock. They're still incredibly broken and vaporize the difficulty of any fight in the game.

Another teleporter that sends you back to the start.

The other one is more kind in that it only sends you back one area.

This one is the way forward.

Here's the other Chop point.

Oh look, an Asterios that I am about to brutally and utterly slaughter.

Wait, what?

: :gibs:

This was not part of the plan!

: We gotta run!

: Y-yeah!

: Holy crap! That was too close!

: Y-yeah. Hey, you got the Warp Wire, right?

: Yep, I got it right here. Time to get out of this place.

More equipment. One rest later...

I feel like getting some revenge by proxy.

Yes. This is good.

:gizz:

HAHAHAHA!

Oh right, there was one more in this area. No matter, I'll take it down anyway.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

: :gibs:

Wow, what an rear end in a top hat. It didn't give me the drop either.

Anyways, this is the last teleporter you need to take to leave.

: Oh god, did we get out? Please tell me we got out.

This teleporter is just an exit and sends you back to the central area.

: YES! YES! YEEEEEES!

: :stare:

: Never do that again.

: Please.

Now we're completely done with the 26th floor.

This part of floor 27 is just a small little room.

Now we're on an entirely new floor.

And thanks to this Geomagnetic Pole, we never have to go through that teleporter maze again. Of course a new floor means new town dialogue and quests.

PC-88 Version

: Have you found anything of interest in the forest atop the floating castle? We cannot explore it at your pace, but we are slowly gathering information on it as well. Nothing stands out yet, but if we find anything, we'll make it available to you. Lady Gradriel was saying that any threat to you is a threat to High Lagaard. I was surprised at the esteem she holds for you explorers. You're a strange bunch... But we have our own quirks. Lady Gradriel spends time with common explorers and no one minds. Including myself...! You may be heroes, but we must keep in mind that you are also foreigners! Ohohoho!

PC-88 Version

: Do you remember when you first decided on a guild name? It's been a while, but... We made a promise then that you would tell me what the name you chose meant. The time has come. Tell me.

: Yeah, why are we called the Firefly guild?

: Tell us, boss!

: Uh... I just chose that name because I didn't want to stick with my old guild name, and that was the first thing that came to mind.

: :geno:

: That's it? Really?

: Kind of lame.

: Oh... There was no deep reason for it? No hidden meaning? Perhaps I overthought it...

: Now why did you think Fedot chose the name?

: Hm? No, I'm afraid I won't share any of my guesses. A-Anyway... I can sleep well now, at least. Before this, I would lie awake at night wondering what your name could mean.

: Wait, what?

: Enough of this! The door is that way. Leave when your business here is finished...

PC-88 Version

: Seriously, though... If yeh get any more famous... Yeh'd better keep coming around here, or I'll knock yeh silly! Haw haw haw!

: Oh! There's grass in your hair, Aliara... Here, let me get that for you.

: Oh, uh, thanks.

: There you go! Whoa... Is this grass from the Labyrinth? Can I keep it?

: Pffffft, what?

: Ohhh, don't laugh! I've never been inside the Labyrinth... Even its grass is amazing to me. Also... Um...

: Yes?

: W-Well, I mean... It kind of makes me feel like I'm on the journey along with you...

: :catstare:

: D-Does that make me sound weird? It does, huh... I-I'm sorry to weird you out! I'll just go work over there... P-Please don't think badly of me!

The only piece of equipment I unlocked on that trip. I'm not getting it because I'm saving up for a much better katana.

PC-88 Verison

: Hmm? You don't look too good... Are you running a fever? Let me see... Your temperature is a little low. Did you eat well? Are you getting enough sleep? Did a monster poison you? Have you consumed any strange foods or liquids from the Labyrinth?

: Holy crap, quit being a worrywart! We're fine!

: No, I'm not being a worrywart! You don't understand how important small things can be! Listen... you're heroes to this town. You have to take care of your health! Especially when exploring an unknown forest! Try to be more careful, okay? Am I getting through to you?

: Yeah, fine! Sheeh. Now leave us alone.

: How is it?

: Huh, pretty good if I do say so myself.

: My daughter made it just for you. She's growing up so fast! I love to see her going the extra mile for our most important guests! I have you to thank for that. She only started doing it when you arrived! You call yourselves the Firefly Guild, right? That's what Cass told me. It's a lovely name... Maybe we should change our inn's name to match!

: Um.

: Bahahaha! Just kidding! I hope I'll be seeing you again soon. You must never stay anywhere but our inn! I insist! We're always happy to have you!

PC-88 Version

Now, I'm gonna be taking some quests here. Two of them lead to some optional bosses. I'll be doing some offscreen grinding between this update and the next one, so don't worry about the party being too weak to take them on. You can vote for which quest you want to see tackled first. By the way, the quest I'm doing isn't one of them, but it is the start of a new quest line.

: Ahh, Firefly! I'm glad yeh'll be taking that quest! It's from another guild, not as experienced as yerselves. But they're no slouches, mind--they've managed to climb up to the castle. They heard a tremendous noise on the 25th floor as soon as they entered a large room. Since they don't quite have yeh lot's pluck, they high-tailed it back home. Now they're scared that they might've done something to trigger the sound. So could yeh go up there and check it out for them? G'luck!

This quest on the other hand does lead to an optional boss. It's the final quest in the Innkeeper's daughter quest line.

: Fedot! Look at this quest!

: Wha? What's going on, Cass?

: Yeh're just in time! We have a problem--the innkeeper's daughter is missing! The guard corps's out looking for her, but yeh should pitch in as well. Oh, the inn, the inn! If yeh have time, help out there first! We're counting on yeh!

So does this quest. It's the final quest in the Guild Esbat quest line.

: Hey, do yeh lot remember that old geezer banging on about the ultimate gun? He claimed his cohort can find the gun through divination... Sounded fishy to me, but in case yeh believed him, I'll tell yeh straight up. The lady says the blasted thing is on the 2nd bloody floor of the Labyrinth! That's all I know. If yeh believe that rubbish, go there and look for it.

PC-88 Verison

: I'm afraid it's true... My little girl is missing. Oh, I'm so worried! But I mustn't panic... I have to stay calm. That's what being an innkeeper is all about. You came to help, didn't you? Thank you so much...

: So, what happened anyways?

: Oh, yes! The details... When I woke up this morning, my daughter was gone. I looked all over Lagaard, but I couldn't find her anywhere. Do you have any ideas?

: Hmm... Oh no. Yeah, I have a hunch on where she is.

: Is that right? Well, if you say so, it must be true! I believe in you. Please take care of my daughter!

: Uh, I'm not following you, boss. I don't have a clue at all.

: You don't have any leads? My daughter didn't say anything that might be a clue? Oh... Maybe I know... It must be about that withered flower accessory. After you left, she was really sad that the charm she gave you withered away. She said she was going to make you a new one, so you get hurt. Does that give you any idea of where she is? Oh, I hope you can help!

: ...You're kidding me. We gotta move!

Ah, but that can wait if needed. So, which of the two quests should we do first? A life in the balance or The waiting Wyvern?

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 29, 2015

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

A life in the balance. Don't make the party a bunch of jerks.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, best find the daughter as soon as possible, since the quest name seems like a bad omen.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
gently caress the innkeeper's daughter. WE HAVE A DRAGON TO SLAY! :black101::black101:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Save the child :ohdear:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Save the deformed anime girl

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The waiting wyvern can keep waiting.

Save the kid

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Save the child; this isn't really much of a choice.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Save the kid of course.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

There's a life in the balance, that's far more important than some underwhelming super gun!

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
A life in the balance because that's not cool the other way around.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Welp, time to get to grinding. For every 12 members. :suicide:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh dear god no, don't do it :ohdear:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

...Well at least you have turbo mode...

...right?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

theshim posted:

Oh dear god no, don't do it :ohdear:

No. Level them to 99 :unsmigghh:

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Dr Pepper posted:

:suicide:

There are good ideas and bad ideas. That one is a masochistic idea.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

No. I'm not that insane. Level 71 is as far as I'm going. Also, leveling up all the way to 99 would undermine something that I have planned.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Call Ape
Description: After the Gods' Key was removed, it descended for mortal combat with the winged tribe.

: Finish him! :black101:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Any troubadour will tell you the same thing - Always save the girl.

Onehellofaburrito
Oct 6, 2014
Kill the Wyvern to save the guild master before she decides to fight it. That counts as saving the girl, right?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Always save the girl. The guild may be full of murderhobos, but they have priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, grinding is done. :suicide: I'm amazed that I haven't burnt out on this game yet.

So it seems that instead of going for ULTIMATE POWER, the guild will be rescuing a little girl. You people are jerks. :argh:

• Locked thread