Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

We should start a subreddit to organize our ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Tennant and.. who?
An actor who played a Roman man in The Fires of Pompeii later stars as a regular in Doctor Who.

Oh man, I've been rewatching season 4 of the revival. It is probably the season I've seen the least. It has a Sontaran two parter? That has to be the most obscure episodes of the entire new series. Anybody want to debate that? What is the most obscure (undiscussed, least watched) revival ep?

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 12, 2014

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Probably the most obscure old monster in the revival was the Macra in Gridlock. A mutated (and no longer sentient) version of an old monster from Patrick Troughton's first season (1967) that is COMPLETELY missing and hasn't been seen again since it first aired.

That said, The Great Intelligence coming out of nowhere in The Snowmen has to be up there too, especially since it returns in The Bells of St John and The Name of the Doctor. Another Patrick Troughton villain from his second season, featuring in two stories, one of which is largely missing and the other that was only mostly recovered and made available to view again about a year ago.
Holy crap I did not pick up that Macra reference at all. Also, I enjoyed the continuation of the GI. It was nice to have a villain that wasn't Darleks or Cybermen AND the Doctor actually feared. Bravo!

• Locked thread