Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Rirse posted:

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

It's extremely convoluted, including at the very least:
-Interdimensional time travel
-Telepathy between past lives
-A woman who may or may not be a revived ancient Egyptian queen, but is never properly explored
-A clone-based terrorist organization bent on wiping out the human race (also not very fleshed out)
-Aforementioned terrorist organization using anti-matter bombs to blow up a secret moon base
-Numerous secret moon bases and a world ravaged by disease and war
-Returning characters never really learning their lesson
-One Cockney android

Basically the game is a training program to develop you and Phi's morphogenic timeline-jumping powers. After successfully completing your training, your consciousnesses will be sent back in time to past versions of you two, so you can prevent the apocalyptic spread of a virus from a Mars mission simulation base.

Sigma and June from the last game are the architects of the entire thing.
The old man is Junpei, Quark is just a plot device as far as I can remember.
Dio is the clone terrorist. He planted the bombs.
Alice is Clover's boss and maybe/maybe not the Queen mentioned in the last game. She's also an expert at some kind of irritating decoding minigame you play at some point. Clover is dressed like a barbarian lol.
The big guy in the armor is another version of you, for about 99% of the game. For the last 1% it's June, and the alter-you is in a cryopod.
The soft-spoken woman is an android in your and June's employ. She's there to make sure everything goes according to plan, but is not allowed to reveal any secrets.

I think that covers everyone. Like I said: convoluted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Walking Dead Season 2. I got fed up with the game by episode 4. After I rescued Sarah from the trailer.

Sarah gets eaten anyway, sorry. Rebecca has her baby and Jane leaves. Kenny fights with everyone, becomes extremely attached to the baby. Rebecca dies while on the march. Arvo (the Russian kid) and his group get the drop on you and a firefight breaks out. All the Russians die except Arvo, who is distraught. Kenny continues fighting with literally everyone and starts abusing Arvo, who eventually leads you to a house on a lake. Bonnie and Luke fall through the ice and die. Kenny is now almost entirely unhinged and beats the poo poo out of Arvo; the group is basically fractured at this point. Kenny finds and repairs a truck and starts perseverating about Wellington and the baby, like it's his only reason to live. In the dead of night, Mike (the personality-free guy who has repeated ad nauseum "man this is hosed up, I gotta leave") and Arvo try to steal the truck and the remaining supplies. Clementine catches them and Arvo shoots her in the shoulder, knocking her unconscious.

You wake up the next morning in the backseat of the truck with Jane and Kenny up front. Mike and Arvo are assumed dead. Things nearly come to violence between Kenny and Jane: Kenny wants to make a break for Wellington because it's his (and probably our) last hope. Jane wants to head back to the big box store because she knows there is formula there for the baby, who is practically starving, and who knows what supplies? You hit a roadblock and become separated from the three of them in a blizzard for a time before finding a rest stop. Jane arrives first, excited, telling you "no matter what happens, stay out of it, ok? I'm going to show you what kind of person Kenny is now." Kenny arrives demanding to know where the baby is, and Jane tells him she lost it in an accident. Violence finally erupts and you have to choose between killing Kenny or letting him kill Jane.

If you choose Kenny: in his final moments he tells you he's ready to die, been ready for a long time, and that he's so proud of you. I think "I'm comin', Lee" are his last words but I don't remember, it was pretty heavy. Jane reveals her ploy: the baby was safely stashed in a car and was never in danger. She thought it was absolutely necessary to show you how dangerous and unbased Kenny had become. She apologizes for lying to you, and for how it ended with Kenny. You can tell her to gently caress off, but I haven't done that ending yet, so I'm skipping it. You can also forgive her, understanding her pragmatism and the depths of Kenny's despair, which ends with you two at the box store. While you're in surveying the place, a family approaches and begs you to let them in, as they're starving and thirsty and desperate for shelter. You can let them in or not. If you do, Jane looks nervous and silently nods toward the man's back. He has a gun. End scene.

If you choose Jane: I actually haven't done this one all the way through either. I assume Jane dies. You, the baby and Kenny end up at Wellington and it's everything you three could have hoped. It's a walled-off, organized community with supplies and electricity. Unfortunately it is also at capacity. Kenny manages to tearfully convince them to take you and the baby, and you must choose whether to fulfill his wishes of being safe and secure, or to remain at his side. Either choice ends the game.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

hyphz posted:

VLR spoilers

Thanks for summing up what I could not. Jesus, this game's got a lot of stuff going on. Too bad about the sequel though.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Please, someone spoil the last 2/3 of Dragon Age: Origins, specifically Denerim, the Landsmeet, whatever else happens then, and the Final Battle. I've been playing this game for years and I finally want to be done with it.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

From what point?

Refugees fleeing the Darkspawn horde at the start of Dragon Age 1 make a deal with Flemeth to get away. She gives them a phylactery and they escape to Kirkwall, a shithole north of Ferelden. Kirkwall is facing two major problems: a group of Qunari are there and refuse to leave, and the mages and templars are at each others throats. The templars want to kill all of the mages for summoning demons and using blood magic, and the mages just want to be left along to summon demons and use blood magic.

The leader of the refugees (the player) recovers an evil artefact from the Deep Roads, while the companions (a) keep trying to use blood magic to perform an ancient ritual (b) are responsible for the Qunari being there in the first place (c) have trouble getting a date and (d) are a terrorist who starts a war. The leader of the templars goes crazy because of the evil artefact, and the leader of the mages is so angry about being accused of being a blood mage that he becomes a blood mage. War breaks out.

Well geeze, when you put it like that Dragon Age 2 WAS pretty stupid. Also thanks folks for the DA:O spoilers!

This thread is good and I hope it sticks around.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

Can someone tell me what happens in Lost Odyssey? I gave up after the game shifted gears as soon as the kids were introduced and the Adult Oriented humor was sharply toned down and it just became another poo poo jrpg.

Seconding this. I gave up shortly after Phil & Lil joined and their mom died and the dungeon right afterwards. End of Disc 1, essentially.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Can someone spoil the Fallout: Tactics plot for me? I love Fallout and the lore but I am just way too goddamned bad at strategy rpgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lotish posted:

:words: about Mark of the Assassin

You know, I think you just hit on why I liked the virtually-identical Kasumi DLC mission in ME2 so much better than Mark of the Assassin: lack of Felicia Day, soapboxes and transvestite laffs.

Also Kasumi's a much better thief. Felicia Insert doesn't even have flashbangs!

• Locked thread