Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Bravely Default is pretty simple.

Your fairy friend wants you to wake up an evil god. The crystal thing you need to do works towards that, though I admit I can't remember the exact way. The protagonists are idiots and will not figure this out until hours after you have, despite having evidence to suspect it in-character.

It was really dumb.

How far did you get? I could be more specific then.

So how did Mindjack end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I've never played World of Warcraft, how does it end?

Some dragon farted lava.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Dangan Ronpa 2.

junkos

if it weren't for the official translation beefster would have had an aneurysm.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What happened in Killer is Dead after that one rad train bossfight, other than continual dissapointment?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
How did Bioshock infinite end? Did the cast kill themselves because they were just so moved by the artisticness of it all?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Stux posted:

No matter which booker is drowned, even if it's all/both, the act of being drowned would make a new universe where he doesn't get drowned, then continue to him either choosing to be baptised or not, creating another split where he becomes dewitt or comstock, rendering the entire exercise utterly pointless along with the entire game. Except they just decided arbitrarily that it doesn't for the standard game to give you an ending. Then the DLC has them all alive again to make rapture happen 30 years later because...??????

Why were people sucking this game's dick again?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Low standards, the AAA hype machine, and game reviews trying to desperately validate video games as a serious art form even though Infinite is laughably bad in all narrative aspects.

There are games with writing, and there are artful games, but I can't help but feel like games that are trying to prove GAMS R ART fumble the ball harder than anything else.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

A work of art is aware of the limitations of its form and uses them. I've never seen a videogame do this, except maybe Yume Nikki. Most of the time games like The Last of Us make me cringe because they try to tell a story which belongs in a movie in the form of a videogame, which cannot work.

Killer7

One of the things I think that's hardest about games being meaningful in art is that their potential is a bit more '3-d' so to speak. I mean you could consider amazing gameplay a kind of art in it's own sense like you could consider camera work art, right?

Something like say, Earthbound or Deus Ex could basically be done in a movie theoretically, but taking the package as a whole is part of what makes it. Then there's something like Killer7 which really uses the medium's uniqueness in a meaningful way.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

al-azad posted:

Metal Gear Solid must be the highest form of art as it's the only series that is aware and references that it's a video game.

If you think a cyborg ninja fighting the love child of Hulk Hogan and Ron Paul on top of a giant robot spider with the help of Mecha Scooby-Doo isn't art, then you should go lie down because you are clearly dead.

While on the topic of MGS, the depth of interactions in some of the things in 2 and 3 are amazing. I unironically like MGS 1-3.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 15, 2014

• Locked thread