Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I slogged a long way through Star Ocean 4 but after getting put on several sex offender's registries because of Lymle, I stopped playing (also it got boring as poo poo). Who is the big bad, what happens, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Clever Spambot posted:

I don't play many jrpgs but Star Ocean 3 is hands down my favorite one of all time.

Seriously, I always found the plot twist hilarious because it makes people so mad. Oh no, our video game is just a video game :ohdear:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

blackguy32 posted:

How does Star Ocean 2 end? I got to somewhere on the 2nd disc at that new planet but the story had taken a dump by then so I quit

Starting from the point you get to the new planet, called Energy Nede, everyone except Claude (who realizes they're on another planet and Expel just got blown the gently caress up) is all "what is happening where are we". You meet Plot Exposition Man and start out by getting hold of a big flying monster called a Psynard and can recruit the last two characters, Noel and Chisato, along the way. Noel's a poorer version of Rena but Chisato can be pretty drat powerful. You head to some secret forbidden lab where you find that, shock, Rena is from Energy Nede and her parents saved her Superman-style the last time the Ten Wise Men tried their bullshit (3.7 billion years previously, :laffo:) and her time/life pod ended up on Expel.

Anyway, after that you soon launch an attack on the Ten Wise Men's base and get the poo poo kicked out of you, so you fall back and go through the Four Fields to harden the gently caress up and collect some Macguffins. Then you go to a cave of spooky minerals or something to collect another Macguffin to let you actually hurt the Ten Wise Men.

While that is being fashioned into weapons you go to Fun City to train at the arena, after which three of the Ten Wise Men show up to push your poo poo in, but joke's on them, you can hurt them now. After killing those three you launch another attack on their tower and work your way up through it, fighting first three then two of the remaining Wise Men. The second fight against Vesper and Decus is probably the hardest fight in the main game, for my money. Anyway then you kill the second-in-command as well and go fight the boss, who is all "Hahaha you have fallen prey to my ploy, I wanted those nine assholes out of the way anyway, now I shall rule alone!" then you kill him.

Once they're dead, Energy Nede is free to use baller-rear end magic to gently caress with time and bring Expel to the present from just before it was destroyed, but at the cost of Energy Nede itself. They don't really give any shits that their entire planet and civilization is being destroyed and are mostly like "Yeah we've been here awhile guess it's cool if we die now".

Then you get endings which have a bunch of combinations depending on character relationships and stuff.

Also once you reach the very last save point in the game just before the last boss, you can turn around and go all the way back through the dungeon, back to Fun City, and talk to an old dude in the arena. He teleports you to Expel only inside your mind or something, anyway you take your Psynard with you and can fly around Expel which is how you access the bonus dungeon.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Scalding Coffee posted:

You left out Mayor Narl knew you had to get the Macguffins beforehand and sent you on a suicide mission. The story is so bad about this.

Haha you're right, I forgot all about that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Irish Joe posted:

Skyrim is boring. Tell me what I'm missing by not finishing.

At first you work with Delphine to find out what exactly is going on and why, teaming up with Max von Sydow a bit later to continue this. Basically Alduin is rezzing all the dragons to eat reality. You cast your mind back in time to learn how the ancient Nords originally hosed up Alduin (It's a shout called Dragonrend), you learn this, you come back to the present and use Dragonrend to basically murder the poo poo out of dragons and wreck Alduin, who runs away like a little bitch. Then you force a dragon called Ohdaviing or something like that to help learn how to get to Sovngarde so you can kill Alduin because he went there after you beat his pansy rear end up. Then you go to Sto-vo-kor Sovngarde, meet various hardcore heroes, and murder Alduin dead.

Throughout you're also working against the Thalmor because they are huge dicks. If you've not ended the civil war by the time you reach the summoning Ohdaviing quest, you'll have to broker a peace summit at High Hrothgar because Baalgruf the Greater won't let you use his city for dragon summoning bullshit while the war is on and there's nowhere else you can do it.

Oh also Alduin wasn't in hiding or anything, he was sent way forward in time by the ancient Nords and basically got right back to business the minute he arrived in the present.

Afterwards, the Dragonborn goes to hang out with The Nerevarine and Sheogorath (in my headcanon).

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Alabaster White posted:

Don't forget the part where you pledge your eternal soul to basically every Daedric god for insane power with presumably no consequences, because they'll all have to fight over your soul when you die :v:

A whole TES game about a big Daedric war over the soul of the Dragonborn would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Stux posted:

Levine isn't as clever as he likes to think he is.

Every *shock game except System Shock 2 is best answered with this precise line.

• Locked thread