Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rocksicles posted:

"We are! The ninety-nine percent! We are!"

No you aren't. Shut up. Gahhd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have no idea what any of you are talking about right now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

LividLiquid posted:

Okay grampa, go back to your nap.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Go read Hawkeye by Matt Fraction. The very first page is a reference to the Avengers movie!
Okay this looks bad.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Someone on Youtube posted the extended bloopers from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmnwgfPCtoE&t=101s

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Irish Joe posted:

Everything you say is true, from a certain point of view.

The first one I'll admit was a stretch, but I think it's possible the second was intentional. Why else would they have Garrett say that line?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Inveigle posted:

Someone on Youtube posted the extended bloopers from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 DVD.

Seeing Ming-Na Wen actually laughing out loud is so weird

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Slashrat posted:

Seeing Ming-Na Wen actually laughing out loud is so weird

I wish she was given a more human character to play on the actual show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Keep Hawkeye is BSS bros.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ToastyPotato posted:

She didn't shut up on the Nerdist panel, life of the party.

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

Inveigle posted:

Liked the "Skrull!" accusation from Patton Oswalt.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

ToastyPotato posted:

She pulled a prank, once. That's like having feelings.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqo-7oli7iA

Hmm, Highway to Hell is a terrible choice of music but shrug.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dexo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqo-7oli7iA

Hmm, Highway to Hell is a terrible choice of music but shrug.

I'm just glad for the complete absence of Skyward.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Xtanstic posted:

I'm just glad for the complete absence of Skyward.

The preview image on the embedded video is literally a scene between Skye and Ward.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Deadpool posted:

Keep Hawkeye is BSS bros.

You know, for all Jeremy Renner complains that they didn't give him enough to do in Thor and The Avengers, you'd think they could get him for a small arc this season.

The man was in Hansel and Gretel for God's sake.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

ToastyPotato posted:

The preview image on the embedded video is literally a scene between Skye and Ward.

Also there's a cut from Skye to Ward like 10 seconds in.

Also also that's kind of a bad, tonally mismatched trailer and 'What once was SHIELD, no longer exists' is a really awkward sounding phrase.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

VDay posted:

Also there's a cut from Skye to Ward like 10 seconds in.

Also also that's kind of a bad, tonally mismatched trailer and 'What once was SHIELD, no longer exists' is a really awkward sounding phrase.

They should get forums poster Dan Didio to write for them. He has a way with words.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Was kinda hoping Ward wouldn't be on the show at all this year. :sigh:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Got to be honest, this all looks like a lot more early season one to me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Irish Joe posted:

Was kinda hoping Ward wouldn't be on the show at all this year. :sigh:

Why? Ward was pretty awesome when he reverted to the sociopath that was his natural personality. His acting where he literally couldn't figure out why Skye was rejecting him, when he betrayed the team was goddamn amazing.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
So AoS is gonna start up season 2 soon, and when it goes on break Agent Carter will jump in until AoS returns. And Daredevil is scheduled to start May 2015, around the time Agents of SHIELD ends its season.

So is Marvel planning on just having permanent MCU TV coverage from now until the end of time?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

XboxPants posted:

So AoS is gonna start up season 2 soon, and when it goes on break Agent Carter will jump in until AoS returns. And Daredevil is scheduled to start May 2015, around the time Agents of SHIELD ends its season.

So is Marvel planning on just having permanent MCU TV coverage from now until the end of time?

That would be amazing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I admit I am okay with that scenario.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Daredevil is a Netflix show though, so the whole season drops all at once, unless you purposefully only limit yourself to one episode per week.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Dexo posted:

Why? Ward was pretty awesome when he reverted to the sociopath that was his natural personality. His acting where he literally couldn't figure out why Skye was rejecting him, when he betrayed the team was goddamn amazing.

He was on a mission! God, why can't she understand that? When you have a mission, that's what you do. It's a job. Killing her friends was part of the mission. Hell, he was supposed to kill Skye, but he just kidnapped her instead. He bent the mission's parameters slightly for her! That's worth, like a trip to Tahiti or something. It's totally a special connection they have.

I really like the bizzaro "Sociopath discovers love" thing Ward's doing. How wonderfully disconnected from reality he is.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

ToastyPotato posted:

Daredevil is a Netflix show though, so the whole season drops all at once, unless you purposefully only limit yourself to one episode per week.

At that point why don't they just make a movie instead of being crammed into an episodic format unnecessarily?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Javid posted:

At that point why don't they just make a movie instead of being crammed into an episodic format unnecessarily?

The made a deal with Netflixs and these are characters that maybe unable to carry a movie.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Also making a movie and making a TV show are wildly different things.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

enigma105 posted:

He was on a mission! God, why can't she understand that? When you have a mission, that's what you do. It's a job. Killing her friends was part of the mission. Hell, he was supposed to kill Skye, but he just kidnapped her instead. He bent the mission's parameters slightly for her! That's worth, like a trip to Tahiti or something. It's totally a special connection they have.

I really like the bizzaro "Sociopath discovers love" thing Ward's doing. How wonderfully disconnected from reality he is.

Also his genuine hurt when she called him a Nazi

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Javid posted:

It's more like a longish mini-series. Or a series, if you're from the UK. They can tell a story and do it justice.

In theory, of course.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Have we actually had confirmation that the netflix shows will drop as a full series?
Here in the UK breaking bad was netflix exclusive towards the end yet it still released one episode a week. We're not privy to the actual contract so it may still include a staggered release.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Masonity posted:

Have we actually had confirmation that the netflix shows will drop as a full series?
Here in the UK breaking bad was netflix exclusive towards the end yet it still released one episode a week. We're not privy to the actual contract so it may still include a staggered release.

Breaking bad was still being shown on AMC. Daredevil is only being shown on Netflix

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They should get forums poster Dan Didio to write for them. He has a way with words.

Someone has a crush.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Javid posted:

The episodic format of modern TV series turns storytelling from a 30 minute to two hour affair, into essentially a motion novel. There's greater ability to explore characters and settings in a long format than in shorter, and it gives you the chance to gently caress around and be experimental from time to time while still living in the constraints of the narrative. Modern TV is pretty dope.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dan Didio posted:

Someone has a crush.

So. SHIELD. Is it... gone?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Whalley posted:

into essentially a motion novel

What, you mean like a, a telenovela? Are you telling me we're all just a bunch of grannies sitting around watching our soaps?

(Yes. Yes we are.)

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

eriktown posted:

What, you mean like a, a telenovela? Are you telling me we're all just a bunch of grannies sitting around watching our soaps?

(Yes. Yes we are.)
The sooner you can start referring to the shows you follow as "shut up, I'm watchin' my stories," the better.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Javid posted:

Gee, why would they not want to do a Daredevil movie? It seems so obvious... oh right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Javid posted:

A 2 hour movie and a 12 hour series are kind of different. Unless you meant to propose multiple movies.

But a Netflix TV series could, in the future, be licensed by Disney to air on television if they felt like spending that money (they might depending on how popular things get and where Netflix is in 5 years) since it will already be formatted for TV.

• Locked thread