Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Phylodox posted:

This except Fitz tries to kill Ward and inadvertently lets him escape, instead.

Or the episode shows both happening and the consequences, but we find out at the end that one was a hallucination and the other actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jng2058 posted:

To be fair, Renner was pretty pissed off about not actually playing Hawkeye for most of Avengers as well.

Aphrodite posted:

He's the only Avenger in all the leaked set photos of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

It might be that he's kind of got the spot Nick Fury had in the first Avengers movie. He's involved in/finds out about 'Plot bad thing' and throws up the A signal to get the team together, with the difference being that he's part of the team from the get-go, and not so much a supporting character or antagonist as last time.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I think the important question here is:
Did the dog leave the door to May's room open? If so, to what end?
Perhaps that sinister dog is behind everything.

Edit: Maybe Garrett killed the "real" Ward, and what we think is Ward is actually the dog in a Ward suit? Because Garrett killed Ward for being weak, and realized the dog was his best student.

Edit2:vvv Do Ward-dogs dream of dorito faces?

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 10, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
My money's on it being Talbot.
They've never met that we know of to prove or disprove, they seem similar to me, Talbot has that rear end in a top hat older brother vibe, and Coulson probably hasn't been like, "hey yo this traitorous dick is in our holding cell, you know him?"

So, it could happen.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Javid posted:

I love that rage dad can just walk right into a hydra base and into the grand poobah's office at will.

I assumed he killed a lot of dudes on his way up, like too quick for them to call for help.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Codependent Poster posted:

Skye has powers. We haven't seen them or know what they are, but she has them.

And once they manifest she'll leave the show and either join the Avengers as Captain Marvel, or get her own movie first.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
A couple folks in here don't recognize a joke.

Skye possibly being Captain Marvel was one of the dumb theories from last season. It was third place behind 'did ward shoot the dog', and 'did May and Ward bone'.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

|Ziggy| posted:

I just don't like no emotion characters that fights in high heels.

That's...oddly specific.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I thought he shot May and hosed the dog?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BrianWilly posted:

It's been eighty pages and no one has coined the term "The Skyefather" yet. I too am at blame.

Muad'dad is just too good.

Also, HER NAME IS NOT SKYE!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BlueBayou posted:

Yeah I dont get the Muad'dad thing at all

He was Paul Atreides aka Muad'Dib in the 80s Dune movie.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Aphrodite posted:

It's from a not very good movie based on a not very good book.

The book is a classic :colbert: but I'm with you on the movie.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BSam posted:

I'm just wondering how the majority of you haven't seen Twin Peaks.

I have, I just brought up Dune because:
a. it's what the joke name was referencing
b. it's fractionally more well known.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BSam posted:

I get that, I just don't see how Dune is a more well known reference.

More people saw it, the book is pretty popular for sci fi nerds who would also be more likely to see or hear of it in this day and age.

Twin Peaks is cool, but I can't believe we're even talking about which one sticks more in the popular consciousness here.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

A show that has been in the news recently due to its return.

Which still doesn't exactly make it overly notable.
You need to have seen a thing in order to say "hey, didn't I see that guy in that thing?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

mikeraskol posted:

They basically confirmed Inhumans in last night's episode. I'm not sure what else you need.

Dude's just a couple steps above Irish Joe at this point.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Potsticker posted:

Just the Ten of Us.

The dirty dozen.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Next time on...24 koenigs

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Stunt Rock posted:

The movie has its moments. Jane is good. And the fight with The Russian is great. Harry Heck was absurd and weird, but in a really positive way. It's not good, but it's not entirely without its merits.

Its so fuckin early 00s it hurts. I love it though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Blazing Ownager posted:

The unfortunate part is Deadpool is literally the hardest character I can think of to make a movie about, even though God, I want it. I don't even mind Reynolds in the roll, it wasn't his fault Origins sucked horribly and Deadpool was utterly butchered there.

But still. To do a Deadpool movie right, he's almost going to have to mug the 4th wall, a lot. That's easy to gently caress up in the wrong director's hands.

ED: Also Deadpool seemed to have got softened with over-exposure as far as I can tell. Things I originally liked about the character was just how absolutely loving black comedy-insane it was: Like his cliched comic "mentor" being a poor blind woman he keeps in a razor spike lined room so she won't try to escape. That's just so messed up in an awesome kind of way given he's oblivious to how messed up it is.

These days they seem to just want to make catch phrases and zaniness. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, obviously things can change and be butchered, but the word is they're using (or starting from) that script that got leaked a few years back.

Having read that script, they would definitely have a handle on both the utter black comedy of the character, and the zaniness. The only real question is how much of that makes it to the screen.
But iirc, reynolds has been a fan of, and pushing that exact script. Maybe there's hope.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dan Didio posted:

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I just said. People cameoing in this show, from the movies, helps this show, which is a good thing for Disney, people cameoing in this show does not help the movies in a way that is significant enough for the effort to be worth it.

Regardless of who appears where, this show will almost certainly always exist as a supplement to the movies in the most unimpactful way to those movies success as possible and that's not something that's been changed by the most recent episode at all.

There is a level past doubling down...

We call this the triple down.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Phylodox posted:

All bets are off.

There are no rules, anymore.

This is Thunderdome now, baby.

Emptyquote.
:getin:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

TARDISman posted:

I'm quaking at the thought of such an accomplishment.

Skye is an Inhuman, named Quake. :geno:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

You don't say...

Should I have used the :jerkbag: emote to get my point across better?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chokes McGee posted:

Something Skrullful

Aaaaaand we just discovered what Batman's shameful secret really is.

He's a Skrull.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

twistedmentat posted:

Karl Urban as the Punisher that is a stealth Dredd 2.

I'm all for Thomas Jane (and afaik he's said he's totally and forever down to be punisher, much like ryan reynolds/deadpool)

But Urban would definitely be my solid second choice.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jamesman posted:

With comparing Skye to the Hulk, it really makes me want to see Mark Ruffalo show up in the future to work with her.

That would be really cool. Even (or especially) if they set it up so he never actually hulks out. I just love seeing Ruffalo-as-Banner.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Kind of an out there theory:
They've said categorically that scarlet witch and quicksilver are not inhumans, but what if the source of their powers is?

Whitehall was able to take on some form of Jiaying's power, and It's reasonable to think that Cal's whatever-he-has might have been developed with his knowledge of Inhumans, or just straight up with Jiaying's help. Then there's TAHITI, inhumans are a hybrid of kree and human, and the resurrection process involved bits of kree biology.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

reignonyourparade posted:

Not exactly, they're just a product of kree genetic engineering. You wouldn't call those glow in the dark cats that got made a while back human cat hybrids.

I thought they were human/kree. My bad.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Slashrat posted:

Where did they say that quicksilver and scarlet witch aren't inhumans?

Some interview back around the beginning of this season.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

victorious posted:

Now all we need is for Coulson to start losing his hair and have an accident that leaves him in a wheelchair.

And maybe his TAHITI modifications would allow him to touch a terrigen crystal and gain mind powers, maybe the imperfect transition is what puts him in that wheelchair. :v:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bull3964 posted:

It's amusing that Luke Mitchell is again playing a superpowered character that's serving as a guide to new superpowered people in a secluded haven for superpowered people.

Who/what did he play before?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wolpertinger posted:

And Deathlok, I guess, but he's not a bad guy any more.

That could change, mind control is a thing now via that Hydra 'compliance will be rewarded' machine.

And reminder, Ward and 33 have a workable version of it that they've been using.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I think it's working exactly as intended, they just gave Bakshi the loving stupid order to act like he used to do before so of course he's going to double cross them.

Or Bakshi is specifically immune somehow. He obviously knows the procedure better than Ward or 33 would.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Sharmat posted:

I think it's a pretty lovely dad who says "Nope sorry, I'm too moral for this. Go ahead and torture my son to death."

This.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Sharmat posted:

It's Jiaying's fault. She told her to do it.

:vince:
drat.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

XboxPants posted:

Did anyone else get the feeling Jiayang is keeping Cal around as an ally to solidy her power base for any potential power struggles that come up?

Yep. especially because he blabbed the Big Secret in front of everybody, so it'll probably end up being The Johnson family vs The Elders-who-kill-gently caress-ups that Jiaying warned Skye about, and were the reason for keeping the mother/daughter thing secret in the first place.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

twistedmentat posted:

I'd not be surprised if the carrier becomes the new HQ in the next season.

All you really need is a handful of establishing shots of the carrier in the sky at different times of day that can be re-used alongside a couple interior sets.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FoF posted:

So my question is why aren't the inhumans a little more curious about Skye saying she physically spoke to a Kree? That should kinda be a big deal to them are the Kree are basically gods to them being their creators.

Well the Kree also declared them abominations and wanted to wipe them out. I'd imagine the news that Kree are around and Skye met one could also account for Afterlife being really cagey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Blazing Ownager posted:

How shield does Recon: Send in a pair of scouts to check the ground out first. When they lose contact in midflight and never check in again, go ahead with the mission.

Stupid very comic booky thought: Did Cal stitch her back together before or after Whitehall died? Did he literally empty the corpse into her?

Maybe she has some nazi parts mixed in now.

As I understood it, he stitched her together ~20 years ago when he found her, just after Whitehall did his thing, and she's been alive ever since.

• Locked thread