Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

PriorMarcus posted:

I can't imagine that possibly being true.
It's a close-run thing, as both are subject to exponential growth. The number of people alive right now can be roughly modelled as Ae^(kt), where A and k are constants, t is time and e is good ol' 2.71818... The number of people who've ever lived is the integral of that, which happens to be (Ae^(kt))/k. Or in short, (Dead people) = (Alive people)/k. At this point, the question is whether k is bigger than 1 or smaller than it - bigger than 1, and the living outnumber the dead. Smaller than 1, and the dead outnumber the living.

(yes, yes, trap sprung and all that)

e: and then we have Dabir providing empirical evidence that k is a lot smaller than 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I think Occ's next review may necessitate hiding behind the sofa :ohdear:.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

The fake out is a great troll and legit funny.
It's fine in and of itself, but in the context of Occ heaping a huge amount of praise on what he assumes is legitimately the end of Tennant's run...

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Payndz posted:

I was distracted to an annoying degree from the otherwise very good Flatline by the presence of a long-out-of-mainline-service Diesel Multiple Unit, in 1960s British Railways livery at that. :sperg:
I noticed that too, but for some reason I ended up thinking "man, do they still have those knocking around the branch lines in Bristol?". That or it was a diesel-focused preserved railway.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Solaris Knight posted:

En garde! :black101:

The body snatching and jumping off a bridge sounds like Captain Scarlet and the Mysterions, but I never watched either incarnation so I wouldn't know.

The aliens in that were like pairs of green and/or white circular eyes that got projected onto the set (it's better than it sounds) though.

e: but seriously, watch Red Dwarf. It's okay, you can stop at the end of Series VI.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 20, 2014

• Locked thread