Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1972 is interesting.

edit: Oh, and for those worried about grimdark, consider the Grim Bucket.

Parahexavoctal has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Today I discovered http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2170 , "Clown Vaccine".

Help me.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Neurion posted:

A couple of years back I was chatting with some people on an unrelated IRC about what I thought would be a neat idea for an SCP, and this is what we hammered out. I provided the original idea for the one way sign, and I guess other people ran with that and made more stuff, which I'm actually pleasantly surprised by now that I've returned after three years to read the article again.

Yeah, it was being downvoted into oblivion, so I took your basic idea and turned it up several notches.

If you examine it closely, you'll see that just about every aspect of that one is based on an aspect that was in the original.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Didn't this one used to have a 682 cameo? I vaguely remember them putting it inside, randomly fiddling with the dials, only stopping because it turns out he was loving the changes.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-t-98816-oc108-682

Now includes a termination test with the Baileys Santa!

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Neurion posted:

I like the change that the signs are entirely benign when left on their intended posts, making the foundation's efforts to collect them all allowing them to become active. I really really like the speed limit altering the maximum speed of light, creating a hazard just by how physics would interact at the boundary. It's leaps and bounds better than my original idea of "What would be an amusing way to create a perpetual energy machine? Attach one of those one-way signs to an axle, put a weight at a 90-degree offset to its direction, and activate its properties."

Definitely goes to show you don't need a MURDER DEATH KILL MONSTER to make for an interesting object that you'd still want to avoid being stuck in a room with.

Oh, you're interested in the physics?

On an unrelated note, you may be interested in the Republic of Arnold Fitzwilliams.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Keeping in theme of the thread, I submit my lowest-rated thing on the site: Containing Creation.

This was written when the site was doing A Thing where you do a crossover between the Foundation Universe and another universe. For this one, I decided to make a crossover with the Elder Scrolls universe, with the article discussing the Foundation getting their hands on a literal Elder Scroll. I still like it, but it took a lot of flack for using my self-insert in the thing. I didn't do it for ego or anything; my self-insert's gimmick is that he's played too many vidya games and poo poo like an Elder Scroll just wouldn't do what it does to most people.

Oh yes, Project Crossover!

"So, the SCP Foundation is quickly becoming, if it is not already, a "thing" on the internets. However, there is one more step we must take before we become a full-out "thing."

Terrible crossover fanfiction."

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Ashsaber posted:

I don't remember off the top of my head what its number was, but I remember this on SCP that was basically a truck that would teleport valubles inside of it and leave sarcastic notes to those it robbed, such as 'i.o.u. the chance to say I do and mean it' when it stole a bunch of wedding rings.

It was captured after it tried to steal something from the Foundation, with the note being something like 'what is this ohfuckohshit take it back!'

That would be "Ill-Begotten Gains". I like the phrase "anomalous larceny".

Another one that's interesting is "Beautiful Bones".

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

I like how it's so easily neutralized by removing the battery and tires. Too many SCPs fall into a trap where vital parts are indestructible or you die horribly when you try to remove them. Sometimes these preventative measures are more spectacular than the SCP's effects themselves.

Although that camera equipment teleports out of the truck and prevents observation kind of falls under that same heading, and makes no sense to boot, because camera equipment is heck of valuable.

well, maybe the [WHATEVER] just doesn't like being observed.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2045

edit: oh god, even better:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-649-2568-j

Parahexavoctal has a new favorite as of 05:17 on Nov 3, 2014

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-247 , "a Harmless Kitten".

In this one, the Foundation does actual experiments! With a control group!

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

It's a fully nonsensical course of action and therefore patently written for edginess's sake. I laughed out loud.

e: oh but it's by DrBright, so it's actually really good and if you don't like it you're wrong *farts forever*

Stuff by DrBright has been downvoted into oblivion before, you know.

oh, and for the sake of the thread: Flying Farting Sloths.

Parahexavoctal has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Nov 9, 2014

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Has Truth been posted yet? Because it's great.

Oh, I thought that one would be The Whole Truth.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm not techie enough to understand that one well, it's a neat set-up but nothing about it is particularly scary.

You didn't get to the end? That "play" link which takes you to a 'transcript of an audio recording' and the line "We must declare human death a Keter SCP and contain it at any cost"?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck I can't find it now but my absolute favorite joke SCP was basically a normal 5-year-old boy that the foundation had abducted from his parents. There were a handful of brief experimentation logs, that mostly ended with the kid crying and saying he wanted to go home. I can't find it now though :(

I think you mean the last item in SCP-5308-J, "the collection".

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-962 , an SCP that likes humanity and wants to help us.

Oh, and http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2731 -- a new kind of hell.

Parahexavoctal has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Nov 15, 2014

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2928

wonderful

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

LaughMyselfTo posted:

From what I recall it was identical to the surgeon guy, except as an attractive female X-Man.

She had the communication powers like the Rocket Surgeon, but not the machine-to-flesh transformation.

Pound_Coin posted:

Does anyone know if the whole clockwork god saga went back up? it was pulled down years ago due to an author tantrum I believe, but it was a series of SCPs; a virus that makes organic matter into clockwork, a girl? who could control machinery and a massive clockwork self building machine? alone they were standard SCPs but there was back story of serious poo poo going down if they were ever all to combine?

Eh, it was never finished. It's not going back up because of, as you said, "author tantrum". The clockwork virus is 217, the massive self-building machine is... probably 882?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Any turkey-themed SCPs? I would prefer good ones if possible.

SCP-1827, 'A Trap for Turkeys'

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I remember it, and it was really bad. She was a beautiful misunderstood teenager held against her will who is also literally god in a future time line. Also, the coffee machine SCP hit on her.

Wow, it sure is a good thing there's no archive of it.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

A Classy Ghost posted:

There used to be a ridiculous amount of articles with SCP-808 interactions, it was out of control.

I think that was because of the guy who created (that version of) 808 adding her to all the other articles. This was back when crosstests were popular.

Later, Clef wrote a new version of 808. SCP-191 is still a cyborg girl who can instinctively communicate with machines, but with some important differences...

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Acne Rain posted:

good idea for an scp entry right there

Clown Vaccine.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Planet Piss posted:

I remember one I can't find, think it was an SCP, there was an entry about a pathetic creature... It was like a hedgehog or small rodent that cried all the time and was so sensitive to everything like dim light gave it second degree burns and gentle petting made its skin fall off or something like that

That would be SCP-1364, the Ultra-Vulnerable Mammal.

Hey, what's half of 1364?

TerryLennox posted:

In case no one has posted this one, here is http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1322 .

A wormhole that connects to an alternate universe. We manage to communicate with them, but then humanity ensues and we end up reenacting a tale of two cities, employing energy weapons, kinetic kill vehicles, nanobots and pathogens.

Incidentally, have you seen the story about what happened with that one in the timeline where the Foundation was never founded?

Parahexavoctal has a new favorite as of 15:11 on Nov 30, 2014

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I feel like this is great SCP fodder. Too lazy to do it myself though.

I've been reading too much Gunnerkrigg Court. I immediately recognized that as bismuth.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Realistically there'd be two different classifications: danger and containment.

Yeah, we've discussed that a lot (and it's the basis of this -J, "Class-Action Lawfruit"). Basically, a real organization would have a classification system more finely-grained than Safe/Euclid/Keter, but we're just a scattered bunch of loons writing bureaucratic creepypasta as a hobby. If you want to introduce something new to the system that the community uses, fine -- if people like it, they'll use it; if not, they won't. If you want to change something that the community uses, you'll have to convince everyone else that what was previously used is flawed. And a simpler system is more narratively acceptable.

Here, this one is Keter because Nibbles might have seen the sun at some point, and because total containment would require controlling what a hamster thinks and remembers.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-738

It's a desk and a couple of chairs. Sit in a chair and...something...will make you offers. It's relatively easy to contain in that it's some furniture.

the Termination Test Log for SCP-682 posted:

Item: SCP-738

Tissue Test Record:
N/A

Termination Test Record:

Researcher sits in SCP-738-2, and asks "What would you want in exchange for permanently destroying the entity which we refer to as SCP-682 while leaving this planet, its biosphere, its human population, its human civilization, the SCP Foundation, and the rest of the universe intact?"

Entity takes form of the same entity as Test 203, states "Your Foundation couldn't afford it, and you personally definitely couldn't afford it," and does not respond further.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Some interesting Keters I discovered today:

St Simon's Day

and

Tim Duncan.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

just a few dozen miles from Springfield.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

For those of you who had problems with the "self-insert" characters:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/doctor-ronald-stimson-s-personnel-file

Trust me. Read the whole thing.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2145

This is a new Keter. "The New York Mothmen". It's at -2, so hurry - it may not be here a few days from now.

See how long it takes you to figure out what this really is.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Just as I hit post, with a post about how I still don't get it. I got it. Wow I feel like a real idiot.

But what's with the drips and drops?

It's just atmospheric. The narrator is being rained on.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

aerion111 posted:

Clef gets to be the Chuck Norris of the site, killing everything he doesn't like and being arbitrarily immune to mind-control (though, I like Clef's writing style, so I might give him more leeway than he deserves), Bright gets to be a body-jumping immortal, and apple-seed-man gets to be apple-seed-man.

I should point out that Dr King ("apple-seed man") is not anybody's self-insert character. He's just a running gag.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

DeusExMachinima posted:

From the same author: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2557
:captainpop:

The alien testimony just makes it.

Look at the pulldown menu for "investment method".

(Also, that's a genuine mailto: form. She has an address set up just to receive submissions from it!)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

The article on tv tropes itself says SCP was created by 4chan folks. Well then, that explains a lot.

It also says "The Wanderer's Library is a sister site of the SCP Foundation".

Is there anything worthwhile on this 'library' site?

http://wanderers-library.wikidot.com/how-grandmother-triode-stole-binary-from-the-sun

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Dynastocles posted:

Which SCP is it that consists of a region of spacetime in the Foundation that someone walked into accidentally and changed their relative speed to something like 1 cm a year, but the cumulative result is that once they leave the warped spacetime, they'll have built up enough accumulated relative speed to our own spacetime that their impact with our universe will basically cause a nuclear explosion?

That'd be http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1272 , I think?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Incidentally:

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/ketergrams

read and be horrified.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Here, SCP-1309, "Time-Locked Town".

Armstrong County was a real place, by the way.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Wedemeyer posted:

Because a super special admin wrote it, it cant ever be removed. (Wasnt it Dr. 'I love rape' Bright?)

No, it was Dr Clef.

Red Bones posted:

If you like hackneyed and amateurish rape-as-horror articles, you'll love the one about a demonic sexual predator called Jack of Hearts.

That one was Bright. And at least one person quit the wiki over that one.

Parahexavoctal has a new favorite as of 20:13 on Jan 30, 2015

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

JackMann posted:

Something like. Only less metaphorical. Last time someone didn't manage to kill him, Krakatoa went up and the world had a year without summer.

... what about the Southern Hemisphere?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Triple Elation posted:

I've thought about this a lot. So much of the site is "ooooh spooky who knows WTF is going on", and I know that's kind of the point, but I'd really love to see science triumph for a change every now and then and understand what the gently caress is going on.

Item Description: An adult male capybara (Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris) several thousand miles away from the natural habitat for its species, with bright blue and green fur.
Date of Recovery: ██-██-20██
Location of Recovery: ████████, Wisconsin
Current Status: Identified as lost exotic pet with ██████████-brand hair dye. Returned to owner; class-A amnestic administered; recovery agent reprimanded.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

You keep away from the sick things and things they touch.

the Hartleites have no idea how that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

One of the guys who writes Foundation stuff is also a professional novelist with over twenty real published books to his credit.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/sandrewswann-member-page